Windows 10: Microsoft Photos & Video Studio using INSANE amount of data???

Discus and support Microsoft Photos & Video Studio using INSANE amount of data??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay... so, I never would have noticed this if it wasn't for Steam... so basically, as a bit of a background, I recently bought a few new games from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chesse18#, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Chesse18# Win User

Microsoft Photos & Video Studio using INSANE amount of data???

Okay... so, I never would have noticed this if it wasn't for Steam... so basically, as a bit of a background, I recently bought a few new games from Steam, and downloading them used a ton of data. I only have 500GB available through Mediacom before I get capped. Anyway, I got a message in my browser from my router telling me I was at 95% of my 500GB limit for the month, which I've NEVER reached before. So I looked--my phone had used about 150GB (I binge watch YouTube at 1440p); my PC was sitting at around 250GB. Other devices took up the rest to make the 95% used.

When I went in to see what apps were taking up what, it was MOSTLY as expected for this month... Youtube/Chrome combined taking over 130GB... Steam took about 80GB... (this was a one time occurrence as I don't usually download new Steam games), which is to be expected. Then, most of the others were random apps and games. But what shocked me... is the fact that Microsoft Photos and my video editing program (Corel VideoStudio Pro x7) were taking up over 30GB combined! This has NEVER happened before and makes no sense to me whatsoever. I've never used Corel for anything online, and I have photo backups turned OFF and I haven't used any functions of either programs that would require data usage... the only thing I can think of is that I have a NAS on my LAN. But typically NAS' don't use data. (Only reason I brought this up is because I store my projects and photo archive on my NAS. But they are on LAN in the next room over and should not be taking up any data.)

Any possible causes for this???

Microsoft Photos & Video Studio using INSANE amount of data??? 5368e799-dd96-43ba-82ba-b8bad614f7c1?upload=true.png

:)

Chesse18#, Feb 25, 2019

2. Recovery of lost photo & video data?

My win 7 mozart was interupted in updating and when I reconnected it sync'd back to April so I've lost all the recent photos and videos some of great sentimental value - is there any way I could look and see if there are any photos or videoes left on the
    machine? Are there any data recovery programs that could be used? MS chat suggested this forum. Thanks for any help. Richard

Richard&Kate, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Microsoft Photos & Video Studio using INSANE amount of data???

Sync Photos to Studio

When you login to the Studio and select Photos & Videos, there is an Import option for you to import photos from your PC. Once imported, the photos will show up on your device in the Favorites section of the Camera App.

Jorge E. - WP7 Support, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos & Video Studio using INSANE amount of data???

1. Microsoft Photos & Video Studio using INSANE amount of data??? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos Video

2. Service host using up insane amount of bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service host using up insane amount of bandwidth.: I've looked through countless threads but can't find anything that fixes my issue. The Service Host task on my pc is using up an insane amount of bandwidth, the network usage is at a constant 30mps and it's using about 1gb of data per minute, I've done extensive scans on my...
  3. Service host using up insane amount of bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service host using up insane amount of bandwidth.: I've looked through countless threads but can't find anything that fixes my issue. The Service Host task on my pc is using up an insane amount of bandwidth, the network usage is at a constant 30mps and it's using about 1gb of data per minute, I've done extensive scans on my...
  4. svchost.exe eating insane amounts of internet data

svchost.exe eating insane amounts of internet data: After re-installing my windows and updating it to latest build from my windows update I observed that my internet data was still being consumed by svchost.exe netscvs -p and svchost.exeNetworkService -p. Fixes that I have already tried:- Tried to stop BITS permanently but it...
  5. svchost.exe eating insane amounts of internet data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost.exe eating insane amounts of internet data: After re-installing my windows and updating it to latest build from my windows update I observed that my internet data was still being consumed by svchost.exe netscvs -p and svchost.exeNetworkService -p. Fixes that I have already tried:- Tried to stop BITS permanently but it...
  6. svchost.exe eating insane amounts of internet data

svchost.exe eating insane amounts of internet data: After re-installing my windows and updating it to latest build from my windows update I observed that my internet data was still being consumed by svchost.exe netscvs -p and svchost.exeNetworkService -p. Fixes that I have already tried:-Tried to stop BITS permanently but it...
  7. svchost.exe eating insane amounts of internet data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost.exe eating insane amounts of internet data: After re-installing my windows and updating it to latest build from my windows update I observed that my internet data was still being consumed by svchost.exe netscvs -p and svchost.exeNetworkService -p. Fixes that I have already tried:-Tried to stop BITS permanently but it...
  8. "System" is using an insane amount of internet bandwidth for the past 20 days

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "System" is using an insane amount of internet bandwidth for the past 20 days: "System" has been using a crazy amount of data since December 2nd. It is now to the point where it is using my ENTIRE bandwidth. I really need help with this. I have tried metering my connection, restarting my router, restarting my computer, my account sync is turned off,...
  9. Video using Microsoft Photo app -

Video using Microsoft Photo app -: Hi - I just created a video using the photo app, and I applied the Adventure theme to it. The video is just under 1 minute, and I have various title cards in the video with text on those title cards, and for various duration. Upon playing the video within the app (to see...
  10. Ridiculous amount of CPU used by Microsoft Photos and Store

Ridiculous amount of CPU used by Microsoft Photos and Store: One of my PC's (backup-secondary) uses very high amount CPU time for Photos and Store. I don't use Photos at all and very rarely Store. Does anybody have a suggestion how to correct it? This is my Secondary-PC for last month: [ATTACH] This is my PC-Main [ATTACH]...