Windows 10: Microsoft Photos WIN 10 "photo doesn't fit on the selected paper"

Discus and support Microsoft Photos WIN 10 "photo doesn't fit on the selected paper" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Microsoft Photos Windows 10, and I am trying to print a photo I was sent to 4 x 6 inch photo paper on a Canon inkjet photo printer. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark from Virginia, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Microsoft Photos WIN 10 "photo doesn't fit on the selected paper"

I have Microsoft Photos Windows 10, and I am trying to print a photo I was sent to 4 x 6 inch photo paper on a Canon inkjet photo printer. I don't know the size of the photo (don't know how to figure it out either).

When I select paper size = 4" x 6" photo size 4" x 6" and either Fit = "Shrink to fit" or "Fill page" I get "photo doesn't fit on the selected paper."

And with

Is there any way I can print the photo with the software I currently have (Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Paint) ? Canon doesn't seem to have a free photo software like other companies have.

:)

Mark from Virginia, Jul 13, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 13, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Microsoft Photos WIN 10 "photo doesn't fit on the selected paper" 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microsoft Photos WIN 10 "photo doesn't fit on the selected paper"

Printing a photo on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can use Windows Photo App to print the photos in windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and type Photos.
    • Select the photo.
    • Right click on the photo.
    • Select print option.
    • Then you will be able to print photos.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos WIN 10 "photo doesn't fit on the selected paper"

1. Microsoft Photos WIN 10 "photo doesn't fit on the selected paper" - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos photo

2. Microsoft Photo does not change size to match Photo Paper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo does not change size to match Photo Paper: Tried to print stored picrure to photo paper. Only standard office sizes and envelopes shown. Clicked on 4X6 photo size and type of HP Gloss photo paper and still thinks 8.5 X 11 in paper is being used. Tried different apps, including MS Paint and still doesn't work...
  3. Microsoft Photo does not change size to match Photo Paper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photo does not change size to match Photo Paper: Tried to print stored picrure to photo paper. Only standard office sizes and envelopes shown. Clicked on 4X6 photo size and type of HP Gloss photo paper and still thinks 8.5 X 11 in paper is being used. Tried different apps, including MS Paint and still doesn't work...
  4. Microsoft Photo does not change size to match Photo Paper

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Photos "Remove this tag" doesn't work Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos "Remove this tag" doesn't work Win 10: Microsoft Photos on Windows 10 has recognised and tagged loads of people / faces that I don't wish to be tagged. I use the "Remove this tag" feature but a minute later the tag reappears. I've followed the advice of various support articles including Can´t remove tags from...
  6. Microsoft Photos "Remove this tag" doesn't work Win 10

Microsoft Photos "Remove this tag" doesn't work Win 10: Microsoft Photos on Windows 10 has recognised and tagged loads of people / faces that I don't wish to be tagged. I use the "Remove this tag" feature but a minute later the tag reappears. I've followed the advice of various support articles including Can´t remove tags from...
  7. Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit

Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit: I've been having this weird aspect ratio problem that started two days ago. The borders of the image viewer prevents the pictures from extending vertically completely even though the images are at least 1080 pixels tall. Zooming in does not solve this, nor does using the...
  8. MS PHOTOS Not Fit For Purpose

MS PHOTOS Not Fit For Purpose: Ever since Windows 10 came out MS Photos has been not fit for purpose with so many glitches when used to download media from your phone. I thought it could not get any worse but IT HAS, MS have clearly done a revision as the interface when you do downloads has changed, for...
  9. I cannot select a paper size when print photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot select a paper size when print photos: My old printer Epson WF7510 doesn’t offer various paper size options with a new computer. I’ve bought a new computer, that is HP Pavillion and since that moment I’ve been facing this issue. The printer provides me only with 5 paper sizes except for A3, which is important...
  10. win 10 photo app/selective focus

win 10 photo app/selective focus: what does the selective focus do in the win 10 photo app ? I can't get it to do anything 16884

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photo doesnt fit on selected paper

2. photo doesnt fit on the selected paper

3. photo doesnt fot on the selected picture

4. photo doesnt fit on selected paper canon,
  5. photo does not fit on selected paper,
  6. photo doesnt fit on selected paper epson,
  7. photo doesnt fit on selected paper error,
  8. photo doesnt fit on selected paper cannon selphy,
  9. photo doesnt fit on selected paper brother,
  10. win 10 cant select 4x6,
  11. photo doesnt fit paper,