Windows 10: Microsoft Photos

Discus and support Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to open up a picture in Microsoft photos, a file system error (-2147219196) displays on the screen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeterDouglas2, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Microsoft Photos

When I try to open up a picture in Microsoft photos, a file system error (-2147219196) displays on the screen?

:)

PeterDouglas2, Oct 11, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Microsoft Photos

Hi Catherine,

We would like to know more information about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried opening some of the pictures to a different computer?
    • Is there any error message when you open a picture?
    • Is it only happening with photos?

We also suggest that you reset Photos application by following these steps:

• Click Windows icon.
    • Choose Settings or Gear icon.
    • Go to System.
    • Click Apps & features then click Photos.
    • Select Advanced options then Reset.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Oct 11, 2018
  4. kormath Win User

Microsoft Photos

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Microsoft Photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Photos

1. Microsoft Photos - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos

2. Video Project From Microsoft Photos Application Got Deleted After Resetting Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Project From Microsoft Photos Application Got Deleted After Resetting Microsoft...: Hello, I have a question about a video project that I created on the Microsoft Photos app. After months of working on the project, I recently recieved an error message stating that the app was unable to open the video and to try reopening it. I tried opening and reopening...
  3. Share a photo album with ONLY family microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share a photo album with ONLY family microsoft accounts: Hi everyone, Back in the day, I was able to share photos with my family using onedrive. It let me select their Microsoft Account and select view or edit. I've tried to do this with a photo album tonight, but the only option seems to be to share it with a link... i.e. no...
  4. Microsoft Photos seems to have stopped indexing new People matches - Why?

Microsoft Photos seems to have stopped indexing new People matches - Why?: Earlier this year I started using Microsoft Photos and it happily did the indexing and allowed me to merge some people indexes where it wasn't sure that the photo was of the same person. That was in about February 2019. Since then, I have taken many photos and put them in...
  5. Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images: I used to be able to crop images with Microsoft Photos, after which I get to see a preview of the cropped image before I can decide if I want to save it or redo the cropping. Now cropping an image only lets you save a copy instead. If the crop is unsatisfactory I have to save...
  6. How do I update the version of Microsoft Photo

How do I update the version of Microsoft Photo: On one PC, my version is 2019.19051.13510.0 When I moved my project to my other faster PC, the Photo program will not open the project saying the version that it was created on is a more up to date version. I have tried to update the Photo app on the faster machine but to...
  7. Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK?

Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK?: Using Microsoft Photos, is there a way to convert a photo from RGB to CMYK? If not, is there another Microsoft product that does that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-convert-from-rgb-to-cmyk/6e932004-e4fa-4d74-ae20-aed7c9a9893b
  8. Video in Microsoft Photos not opening

Video in Microsoft Photos not opening: I am fighting back tears. I created a video and all I had to add was a few more pictures to be done for my daughter's grad video. It will not open now. I keep getting an error stating that I have to come back and try to open later. It will NOT open. Can anyone please...
  9. Microsoft LifeCam Cinema - overexposed photo captures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft LifeCam Cinema - overexposed photo captures: For examination purposes we need to be able to take clear photos of the students. Every time we set up using this webcam the photos are always overexposed. I want to change settings on the camera, but as it's a 'plug and play' device there are no supporting drivers to...
  10. Microsoft Photo in Windows 10

Microsoft Photo in Windows 10: In Windows Photo, all my photos show up, but when I am on another website (email for instance), photos from 2019, 2018, and last quarter of 2017 are not shown for uploading. Can not figure out how to resolve this issue, any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Sam...