Windows 10: Microsoft PIN cannot be added to sign in

Discus and support Microsoft PIN cannot be added to sign in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, When I set up my new ASUS laptop, Windows 10, it automatically used an Outlook email account for my sign in. I never did use a PIN for sign in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by masx, Jul 8, 2019.

1. masx Win User

Microsoft PIN cannot be added to sign in

Hello,
    When I set up my new ASUS laptop, Windows 10, it automatically used an Outlook email account for my sign in. I never did use a PIN for sign in. I also opted for the Local account sign in, as an alternative. Since then I had trouble with Internet Explorer which froze all the time and caused something to change so now I do not have the Microsoft account option to sign in, instead of using the Local account.
    I am not sure I get Windows updates now. And would like to get my Microsoft account back again.
    THIS is the problem, I click on FORGOT account password, go through all the actions to do that, and the last question is, what is your PASSWORD! lol. and then I was finally able to CHANGE my password again, and now it asks for my PIN to sign in! I NEVER HAD A PIN.
    And I go through the exact same thing and the last question after telling them I forgot my PIN, is to put in my current PIN?
    You can see this is ridiculous. And frustrating.
    Do I abandon the idea of using a Microsoft account for my puter?
    Thank if any suggestions.

:)

masx, Jul 8, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Adding Pin to sign in

Try this one:

• Go to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC.
    • In NGC folder delete all the files and be sure to logged as Administrator.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN code for your account.

c23abad5-7aae-4d2e-8430-67ffdc19cdd2, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Microsoft PIN cannot be added to sign in

Windows 10 Settings, Adding a pin not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Instead of entering a password, you can sign in quickly with a four-digit PIN. I suggest you to follow the steps below to create a PIN to make sure that you're following the right way :

• Go to Start , and select Settings > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.
    • If you don't have a password on your account, you'll need to create a password before you can create a PIN.
    • Confirm your current password, and then you can create a PIN.
    • Now you can sign in using your four-digit PIN.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft PIN cannot be added to sign in

1. Microsoft PIN cannot be added to sign in - Similar Threads - Microsoft PIN cannot

2. Trouble with PIN - Cannot sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with PIN - Cannot sign in: Hi, I haven’t used my PC in a good minute and forgot my pin; I tried a few that I thought were correct, but none of them work, so now I’m stuck with only one option, entering a pin, after I complete the security question. If someone could teach me how to reset the pin from a...
  3. Trouble with PIN - Cannot sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with PIN - Cannot sign in: Hi, I haven’t used my PC in a good minute and forgot my pin; I tried a few that I thought were correct, but none of them work, so now I’m stuck with only one option, entering a pin, after I complete the security question. If someone could teach me how to reset the pin from a...
  4. Trouble with PIN - Cannot sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. cannot sign into Microsoft using windows pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot sign into Microsoft using windows pin: Whenever I try to sign using an alternative pin, for instance, I get an error saying that they are having trouble signing me in.: This is so frustrating as I am usually prompted to sign in many times in one session. Using the shorter alternative obviously is the way to go but...
  6. cannot sign into Microsoft using windows pin

cannot sign into Microsoft using windows pin: Whenever I try to sign using an alternative pin, for instance, I get an error saying that they are having trouble signing me in.: This is so frustrating as I am usually prompted to sign in many times in one session. Using the shorter alternative obviously is the way to go but...
  7. cannot sign into Microsoft using windows pin

8. Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows

Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows: The "remove" key under sign in options is grayed out. I have already disabled "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device" and it is still grayed out and unable to be removed. I want to only use my fingerprint and I have to...
  9. Adding a PIN

Adding a PIN: I have always used a PIN to log in to my computer without any problems, but since 2 days ago weird things happened. It started with saying the organisation wanted me to change my PIN due to security reasons. I found out where that was coming from and changed my PIN in the...
  10. Microsoft PIN cannot be added to sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft PIN cannot be added to sign in: Hello, When I set up my new ASUS laptop, Windows 10, it automatically used an Outlook email account for my sign in. I never did use a PIN for sign in. I also opted for the Local account sign in, as an alternative. Since then I had trouble with Internet Explorer which froze...