Windows 10: Microsoft PIN problems

Discus and support Microsoft PIN problems in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; In Windows 10 home edition our login screen has two options, a PIN or Password. We know both and can login with either PIN or Password. We like to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by FPDAD, May 1, 2020.

1. FPDAD Win User

Microsoft PIN problems

In Windows 10 home edition our login screen has two options, a PIN or Password. We know both and can login with either PIN or Password. We like to password protect the computers to keep children from accessing the internet unsupervised. We changed the password but they discovered our PIN so we wanted to change it as well. Under Sign-in Options though it says Windows Hello PIN is unavailable. Yet we can still login with the old PIN on the login screen. There is no option to delete the PIN or change it. We'd like to just delete the PIN altogether so we have only one login option that we change from time to time to keep the computers secure. Any ideas on how we can delete the PIN when it's unavailable in Sign-In Options?

:)

FPDAD, May 1, 2020

2. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, May 1, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 1, 2020
  4. Microsoft PIN problems

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft PIN problems

1. Microsoft PIN problems - Similar Threads - Microsoft PIN problems

2. Pin Problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin Problems: Can I see the pin password to other people's computers that shares the same account as me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-problems/58667f1f-7629-497f-9afb-0f57b99899e9
  3. Pin Problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin Problem: Hello, I have PIN sign-in. I tried to remove it. When I can to the sign-in options it says that the PIN Sing-in option is currently unavailable. DO you know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-problem/8c242b45-a201-4018-bcc6-0b1fd3def719
  4. Pin sign in problem

Pin sign in problem: I am trying to sign in to my account. I only have the option to enter a pin. When it is entered, the “welcome” shows, then it says unable to verify credentials. I choose the only option, which is to set up a pin and follow the sign in options with my password. Once it gets to...
  5. Problem with Pin Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Pin Sign In: On the start or log in screen, I can't get my pin to be an option to sign in. I have changed my pin several times as suggested by microsoft but whenever I choose the option to use my pin instead of of microsoft password, it tells me the option isn't available. Any help?...
  6. administrator/pin problem

administrator/pin problem: The story starts a few days ago when I received an update and I could not click yes because I did not have and admin username and password. I cant even find where to put the admin username and password in so I ignored it. so now im trying to fix it and its infuriating me so I...
  7. Microsoft Maps Pins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Maps Pins: How do I remove a pin from microsoft maps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-maps-pins/014b9507-4b52-4a58-9f09-2fd9c8733e25
  8. Microsoft Pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Pin: I tried to log onto Microsoft to install Office 2019, it's asking for PIN which I do not have. I have a password which I tried, but it did not work. I tried following the directions to reset my PIN but it's not working. How can I get a new PIN so I can install Office 2019?...
  9. Problems with PIN not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with PIN not working: Have been having problems signing into my computer using my pin, it has happened twice now. I have changed the pin but when computer is shut down again and I try to login, can't get in. It prompts to use A1B2C3 to continue. I do this and I enter the pin and it...
  10. Problem with pinning and unpinning to start.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with pinning and unpinning to start.: Hey. When I try to pin something to the start using the right click on application/folder nothing happens. It looks like it should be pinned in to the start, but nothing changes in there. The things appear in the start after the restart of OS. The same problem is with the...