Windows 10: Microsoft PIN problems

Discus and support Microsoft PIN problems in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; In Windows 10 home edition our login screen has two options, a PIN or Password. We know both and can login with either PIN or Password. We like to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by FPDAD, May 1, 2020.

1. FPDAD Win User

Microsoft PIN problems

In Windows 10 home edition our login screen has two options, a PIN or Password. We know both and can login with either PIN or Password. We like to password protect the computers to keep children from accessing the internet unsupervised. We changed the password but they discovered our PIN so we wanted to change it as well. Under Sign-in Options though it says Windows Hello PIN is unavailable. Yet we can still login with the old PIN on the login screen. There is no option to delete the PIN or change it. We'd like to just delete the PIN altogether so we have only one login option that we change from time to time to keep the computers secure. Any ideas on how we can delete the PIN when it's unavailable in Sign-In Options?

:)

FPDAD, May 1, 2020

2. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, May 1, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 1, 2020
  4. Microsoft PIN problems

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft PIN problems

1. Microsoft PIN problems - Similar Threads - Microsoft PIN problems

2. Pin problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin problems: I accidentally switched off load drivers in start-up while trying to solve problem. My windows now boots to login screen saying it cant setup a pin. I had a pin setup before I changed boot up, I cannot get past this screen. It just goes back to the same message i have booted...
  3. PIN problem

PIN problem: How do I make my PIN unable to be changed in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-problem/c9158a07-8ed4-4610-b66a-012ce57eb0fc
  4. Pin problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin problem: We have a new computer with Windows 11 and we want three separate accounts. Two of us signed up with no problems but the third one was rejected at the pin stage. The pin used is said to be incorrect but we can’t seem to find a way to reset. The suggested method of going to...
  5. Pin problem

Pin problem: We have a new computer with Windows 11 and we want three separate accounts. Two of us signed up with no problems but the third one was rejected at the pin stage. The pin used is said to be incorrect but we can’t seem to find a way to reset. The suggested method of going to...
  6. Microsoft Windows 10 PIN Problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Windows 10 PIN Problem: Hello, I shut my computer down and restarted it but when the home screen came back up it said that my PIN is not available. I have no way to get into my computer without restting the PIN. When I click on the set up my PIN link it does nothing. How do I fix this?...
  7. Microsoft Pin Login Problem

Microsoft Pin Login Problem: I bought a new computer with Windows 10 and everything has worked fine until today and I can not get to my desktop . At the Microsoft sign in it asks you for your pin, but it does not recognize my pin. I get this message, Your credentials could not be verified. Something is...
  8. Problem with Pin Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Pin Microsoft Edge: When I open Microsoft Edge, the item that appears on the taskbar is a file. I cannot pin it and it is extremely annoying. When I tried to scan for corruptions or missing files, I cannot access the Command Prompt admin. What can i do to fix this issue? [Original Title:...
  9. Pin problems

Pin problems: Hello, I have 2 laptops: one for my office and the other for home. My home laptop is a lenovo from 2015 using Windows 10 and I access the 'surface' using my usual password. My office laptop is from June. Following a Windows update, I can no longer access this laptop's...
  10. Pin Problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin Problems: Can I see the pin password to other people's computers that shares the same account as me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-problems/58667f1f-7629-497f-9afb-0f57b99899e9