Windows 10: Microsoft Pinyin change character select menu style

Discus and support Microsoft Pinyin change character select menu style in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The character select menu in Microsoft Pinyin appears different than it did on my previous PC. How do I change the menu style to the previous one? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by S.M.A., Jul 6, 2020.

1. S.M.A. Win User

Microsoft Pinyin change character select menu style

The character select menu in Microsoft Pinyin appears different than it did on my previous PC. How do I change the menu style to the previous one? The first image is the current menu style while the second is the desired result.

Microsoft Pinyin change character select menu style 4b3ebff3-aa7e-41d2-8f7d-680d6f662ff7?upload=true.png

Microsoft Pinyin change character select menu style e5d47ff6-db76-4109-85f1-1f6ece5f5113?upload=true.png

:)

S.M.A., Jul 6, 2020
  2. DonnaKolb Win User

Chinese Pinyin with Microsoft, cannot read characters

Original title: Chinese Pinyin with Microsoft

I was able to add the Chinese language keyboard, Simplified...my problem is that I don't really need the

characters but only want to type in Pinyin with the tone marks. I cannot read characters. .anyway I can

use Pinyin with tone marks?

Thanks so much

DonnaKolb, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Could not find a Chinese input named: MS Shuangpin( 双拼) on Win10. Only MS Wubi (五笔)& MS Pinyin(拼音)available, where can i get it?

Hello Iei,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We understand the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you with further information from here.

Shuangpin can be defined as 'two letter pinyin' or 'double pinyin', i.e. to reduce the amount of keystrokes of the pinyin input method. I suggest you to follow the below steps for Shuangpin layout.

• Open Settings and choose Region and Language and add Chinese (Simplified) as a language.
    • After selecting the desired language input in the previous step and click on Options under the Simplified Chinese Input Method .
    • In the following page select Options under Microsoft Pinyin
      Input Method Editor.
    • Choose "Microsoft Double Pin style" under Choose Pinyin style. Also, set the toggler to off for
      Reading auto correction.
    • Exit the windows and check with the results.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 6, 2020
  4. OTEC.CA Win User

Traditional Chinese pinyin keyboard in window 10

How to HanYuPinYin to input Traditional Chinese in Windows 10?

step 1: In Windows 10 , go to "settings"; "Time &" Language"; "Region & Language"; "Add a language"; "Chinese (Simplied)".

please note: the (Simplified) includes the Traditional words.

Step 2: under the "Language", select "中文(中华人民共和国)“;”Options“; ”Keyboards“;select ”Microsoft Pinyin“;”options“。

Step 3:under ”Microsoft PinYin“, select”Character sets”, choose A character sets from (simplified Chinese) to (Traditional Chinese). The job is done!

Please note: Although you can use this method to input hanyupinyin and get the traditional Chinese characters, but if you need to switch to Simplified Chinese, you have to go to the step 3 again and change the Character Set from Traditional Chinese to the
    Simplified Chinese. I hope Microsoft or its developers can add some patch to fix it so that in the future, users can easily switch language from English or Chinese Traditional or Chinese Simplified modes.

Some other people suggested to use HongKong Traditional Chinese and bopomofo keyboard, but you can not select the candidite font (同音字)。I think Microsoft engineer may fix this bug in the future.

OTEC.CA, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Pinyin change character select menu style - Similar Threads - Microsoft Pinyin change

2. Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME, User Defined Phrase can not include special characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME, User Defined Phrase can not include special characters: Hi, I use Microsoft Pinyin IME and its User defined phrase function. It's great except I can not include carriage return character in defined phrase.eg: If I define `hh` to `## Head2 \n`, and press it , it will print it literally.what I expect is it would translate `\n` into...
  3. MS Pinyin Input does not show some characters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Pinyin Input does not show some characters.: Hello. I have been trying to type the Traditional Chinese characters in the MS Pinyin Input. When I tried to type some elementary characters like and , I realized that these characters are not available. Can you help me fix this?...
  4. MS Pinyin Input does not show some characters.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Pinyin Input does not show some characters.: Hello. I have been trying to type the Traditional Chinese characters in the MS Pinyin Input. When I tried to type some elementary characters like and , I realized that these characters are not available. Can you help me fix this?...
  5. unable to select suggested character for traditional character

unable to select suggested character for traditional character: Hello, I on Windows 10 in Taiwan and want to use hanyu pinyin input for traditional characters I can't read zhuyin. The problem is when I type in pinyin, the suggested characters that usually appear underneath are not showing. Instead, it just enters the most frequent...
  6. Old style start menu

Old style start menu: Is it possible to switch the current start menu back to the old style start menu ? If so, how can it be done ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-style-start-menu/80ed68cc-87ea-4c18-bb6f-5bdb226476ba
  7. Change font style

Change font style: How do I change the font style I want to use? I don't want Times Roman but a different one. How? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-style/1adbf05e-327b-4ba2-8358-11e79f77000a
  8. How can I enable typing accented Pinyin characters? (Pinyin input is easy. I want Pinyin...

How can I enable typing accented Pinyin characters? (Pinyin input is easy. I want Pinyin...: I'm taking a class in Mandarin and would like to be able to type out pinyin characters with accents for their phonetic representations of the symbols. I don't see any option for doing that in windows 10 without installing a 3rd party product. I can type the characters...
  9. change button style

change button style: New #2 How to have the appearance of windows 7 windows buttons in windows 10, i want to take those close buttons, maximize and minimize, small, like in windows 7 and not huge like in windows 10. see the photo, I want to have the photo, I want to have the see the photo, I...
  10. Desktop/Start Menu changed back to Windows 8 style?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop/Start Menu changed back to Windows 8 style?: My wife's laptop auto updated to Windows 10 last week and everything had been working perfectly until yesterday. Suddenly her desktop/start menu reverted from the new Windows 10 start menu to the old Windows 8.1 desktop. I did some searching and supposedly if you go through...