Windows 10: Microsoft plans to discontinue its old internet games on Windows

Discus and support Microsoft plans to discontinue its old internet games on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Beginning January 2020, Microsoft’s outdated internet games will stop functioning on Windows 7 machines. In a new announcement, Microsoft has revealed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 8, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft plans to discontinue its old internet games on Windows

Beginning January 2020, Microsoft’s outdated internet games will stop functioning on Windows 7 machines. In a new announcement, Microsoft has revealed that it plans to discontinue the internet-based games such as Checkers, Spades on Windows 7, Windows XP, and Windows ME devices.

In a week old forum post, the tech giant noted that support for Microsoft-owned Internet Games services on Windows XP and ME will end on July 31, 2019, while the service will be discontinued for Windows 7 on January 22, 2020.

The following Microsoft’s internet-based games will stop working in older versions of Windows:

• Backgammon on Windows XP, ME, 7.
    • Internet Checkers on Windows XP, ME, 7.
    • Internet Spades on Windows XP, ME, 7.
    • Internet Hearts on Windows XP, ME.
      Internet Reversi on Windows XP, ME.
    • MSN Go on Windows 7.

In the farewell post, Microsoft’s Windows gaming team has thanked the gaming community, and also pointed out the reason why the service is going offline:

“However, the time has come for us, along with our hardware and software partners, to invest our resources towards more recent technologies so that we can continue to deliver great new experiences”.

Microsoft says the games will be functional for the time being, but when the support for the services is taken offline, these games would no longer be playable.

“While we’re saddened to leave this chapter behind, we continue to be committed to delivering engaging, delightful gaming experiences. We hope you’ll come with us on this journey and join the community of any of the other Microsoft casual games,” Microsoft concluded the farewell post.

These games are apparently not shipped with Windows 10 or Windows 8/8.1.

Microsoft plans to discontinue its old internet games on Windows Windows-7-message.jpg

It’s worth mentioning that Microsoft has already discontinued support for Windows XP and ME operating systems, and the company plans to end support for Windows 7 in January 2020. The users need to install the latest version of Windows 10 by January 2020 for continued security updates.

The post Microsoft plans to discontinue its old internet games on Windows appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 8, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Microsoft plans to discontinue its old internet games on Windows wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Jul 8, 2019
  3. labeeman Win User
    Microsoft to Discontinue Old Internet Explorer Versions in January

Source

labeeman, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Battery Plans

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key,

• Type Choose a power plan.

• There you will be able to customize the power plan.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft plans to discontinue its old internet games on Windows - Similar Threads - Microsoft plans discontinue

2. Why would microsoft discontinue windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why would microsoft discontinue windows 10?: Why is microsoft ending support for windows 10? A lot of businesses, schools, and personal users still use windows 10 because either they don't want to upgrade or that they can't because of the minimum requirements. Ending support means that it would put every single windows...
  3. Why would microsoft discontinue windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why would microsoft discontinue windows 10?: Why is microsoft ending support for windows 10? A lot of businesses, schools, and personal users still use windows 10 because either they don't want to upgrade or that they can't because of the minimum requirements. Ending support means that it would put every single windows...
  4. Planning to upgrade my laptop to windows 10, a couple questions since its an old laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Planning to upgrade my laptop to windows 10, a couple questions since its an old laptop.: So my laptop is 7 years old and i wanna upgrade it to windows 10. I looked at the system requirements and it looks like my computer can more than handle it. Have there been any cases of computers meeting the requirements but not being compatible with windows 10? submitted by...
  5. Why Microsoft discontinued Windows to GO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why Microsoft discontinued Windows to GO?: Hello, Why Microsoft discontinued Windows to GO? Can we have an alternative feature? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsoft-discontinued-windows-to-go/8facf173-9826-4daa-b563-58ad99b2cf17
  6. Microsoft unveils its plans for Windows 10 19H2

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft unveils its plans for Windows 10 19H2: Microsoft unveiled plans for the next feature update for its Windows 10 operating system on July 1, 2019. The company released the May 2019 Update in May 2019 (duh) after pushing its release from an end of March early April 2019 release date to May. One reason for doing so...
  7. Are Microsoft planning to release lightweight Windows for old/low-end PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are Microsoft planning to release lightweight Windows for old/low-end PC?: Hello, everyone. I have a question that Microsoft are planning to release lightweight Windows for old/low-end PC. Microsoft claims that Windows(10) is aimed for universial platform and connectivity. Such efforts already comes out in serveral features. Although this is right...
  8. Deleting Old Backup Plans

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Deleting Old Backup Plans: How can I get rid of old Backup Plans that I no longer use? I am not talking about deleting Backup images, but the actual plan that you create when you make a new Backup. Thanks, Mike 109206
  9. Microsoft hones its plans to try to close the app gap

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft hones its plans to try to close the app gap: As 2014 comes to a close, Microsoft still hasn't made much of a dent in closing the app gap -- at least on the mobile front -- between Windows and other operating systems. Plan A for getting more apps on Windows, and especially Windows mobile, devices remains moving to the...
  10. Microsoft to Discontinue Old Internet Explorer Versions in January

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to Discontinue Old Internet Explorer Versions in January: Now that Microsoft has replaced Internet Explorer with Edge in Windows 10, the company’s exclusively focusing on its new browser, so moving users to this version has become a priority. Unfortunately for the software giant, it can’t get rid of Internet Explorer overnight,...