Windows 10: Microsoft plans to fix Chromium’s pinch-zoom on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft plans to fix Chromium’s pinch-zoom on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last year Microsoft announced that it plans to become a significant contributor to the Chromium project. The firm’s contributions could benefit all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 19, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft plans to fix Chromium’s pinch-zoom on Windows 10

Last year Microsoft announced that it plans to become a significant contributor to the Chromium project. The firm’s contributions could benefit all browsers like new Edge and Google Chrome on Windows 10 and even other platforms.

In addition to improvements for mouse scrolling performance, Microsoft is now also looking into Chromium’s weird pinch-zoom behaviour on some Windows 10 devices such as the Surface Pro and Surface Book.

According to a months-old bug post, users cannot prevent pinch-zoom gesture on a Windows 10 device like Surface Pro with the touchpad. The bug can be reproduced on some webpages when you try to pinch to zoom with two fingers, and move a finger away from the touchpad centre point and still have one finger on the location.

As a user explains, you won’t be able to prevent pinch-zoom gesture in the following case:

• Place cursor over the “Real prevent default handler” scroller
    • Do a fast touchpad fling (note, the scroller won’t actually scroll).
    • Immediately perform a pinch zoom gesture.

According to a Microsoft engineer, it’s easier to reproduce this behaviour on Surface devices, though it could be also experienced on MacBook 2016 and MacBoook Pro 2018.

“It’s hard to reproduce intentionally. During work, a bug occurs 5 times per day. Also error is not reproduced on every computer. I’m facing it on MacBook 2016 and MacBook Pro 2018 13 inch sans touch bar,” the engineer noted. “According to my subjective feelings, it’s easier to reproduce on Surface Book Pro”.

According to a commit, Microsoft has a solution to correctly ‘preventDefault’ pinch zoom.

The commit, which is marked ‘active’, states that the pinch-zoom was incorrectly not being preventDefault’d sometimes.

“In two different scenarios: either the transition from scroll->pinch, or from fling->pinch,” the proposal reads. “This CL fixes this by checking the event that was being ACK’d vs the event that TPEQ expects an ACK for, and if they don’t match then it early outs and ignores the ACK.”

According to another commit, Microsoft wants to dispatch scroll end event immediately when a fling isn’t going to happen.

“Now with this change, if we are transitioning from a scroll to a pinch, the momentum_phase of an event is set to Blocked, signalling that a momentum scroll will not happen. We then immediately dispatch the end event without waiting,” Microsoft noted.

This change will also contribute to Chromium’s pinch-zoom issue fix.

The post Microsoft plans to fix Chromium’s pinch-zoom on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 19, 2019
  2. hballam Win User

Pinch screen zoom

Thanks for your reply but there is no pinch zoom option for my windows 10 surface pro 5th edition, or at least going through your steps I can't find it. Any other suggestions would be great.

Helen

hballam, Aug 19, 2019
  3. torre Win User
    pinch zoom fixes do not work

I do not have a touchpad. I never said I did. But the posted solution indicates at this is the easy way to Disable Pinch Zoom. that is why I looked for a registry solution

Educate us on Gaming Laptops. They do not have a touchpad ?

Edit: Just saw post above. Looks like it does have touchpad. If so, try my suggestion in post #3 which should disable pinch zoom for the system.

torre, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Microsoft plans to fix Chromium’s pinch-zoom on Windows 10

Permanently disable Pinch Zoom in Windows 10

Hi Kath,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As your concern is about disabling the Pinch option try the below and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Mouse, click Device Settings Tab.
    • Click Settings button.
    • Under Scrolling, click on Pinch Zoom.
    • Uncheck the option Enable Pinch Zoom.
    • Click Apply and click Ok

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft plans to fix Chromium’s pinch-zoom on Windows 10

1. Microsoft plans to fix Chromium’s pinch-zoom on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft plans fix

2. Pinch zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinch zoom: I've tried many different instructions for disabling the pinch to zoom feature of the touchpad but none of them seem to work for me. Is there anything else I can try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinch-zoom/482982b1-9185-47b8-8c04-8330ecc8d5a6
  3. Pinch zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinch zoom: I've tried many different instructions for disabling the pinch to zoom feature of the touchpad but none of them seem to work for me. Is there anything else I can try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinch-zoom/482982b1-9185-47b8-8c04-8330ecc8d5a6
  4. Pinch zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Pinch Zoom

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinch Zoom: I just got a new laptop Lenovo and I can’t get the pinch zoom working and can’t find any option to turn it on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinch-zoom/70581716-11f7-43e8-afea-27c08751f7ed
  6. Pinch To Zoom

Pinch To Zoom: I am trying to turn off my pinch to zoom on my touchpad and I can't figure out how to do it. I've tried looking in all the settings for mouse and touchpad but cant find the option anywhere. How can I turn this off?...
  7. Pinch Zoom

Pinch Zoom: I need to disable this feature as my keyboard adversely affects my Desktop regularly without input from me! The feature does not seem to be accessible via Settings ap. Can someone at Microsoft please give me a solution to this seemingly simple problem...
  8. Pinch Zoom

Pinch Zoom: I just bought a new HP laptop. As always, I looked to immediately get rid of pinch zoom but I cannot find it. Tutorials show going to "personalize" then "devices" etc but in the end, I don't have the options on the screen which they have on theirs. Also, most I've found...
  9. pinch zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pinch zoom: pleaese i have a hp pavilklion windoiws 10 laptop\i want to dissable the piunch zoom on my kmeypad.its so annloying iu drag my fingers anbd the whole page zooms in and out constantly when iu dont intebnt to ...... i ve tread ob a few sites how to do. bugt wshden i follow iut...
  10. Pinch Zoom

Pinch Zoom: Hello, I have found many threads on how to remove Pinch Zoom for windows 10 but none have been applicable for the options presented to me i.e. Control Panel > Mouse > UltraNav > TouchPad Settings > Application Gestures > Pinch Zoom > uncheck the Enable Pinch Zoom box....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable zoom on touchpad windows 10