Windows 10: Microsoft plans to lift another Windows 10 v1903 upgrade block

Discus and support Microsoft plans to lift another Windows 10 v1903 upgrade block in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There’s a new optional update for PCs with Windows 10 May 2019 Update and it advances the systems to Build 18362.329. Windows 10 KB4512941 comes with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 31, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft plans to lift another Windows 10 v1903 upgrade block

There’s a new optional update for PCs with Windows 10 May 2019 Update and it advances the systems to Build 18362.329. Windows 10 KB4512941 comes with a long list of quality improvements, including fixes for a bug that broke Windows Sandbox and Remote Desktop connection.

It looks like Windows 10 Build 18362.329 has finally resolved a bug that was causing stability problems on PCs with older versions of Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) driver installed.

Microsoft originally noted that users trying to update to Windows 10 version 1903 might see a compatibility warning if the system has an outdated driver for Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST). And users who have manually installed Windows 10 May 2019 Update on PCs with outdated drivers could experience stability problems.

In a new update to its support page, Microsoft confirmed that the latest optional update resolves the bug with Intel’s rapid storage technology, but users trying to install Windows 10 May 2019 Update might still run into a “compatibility hold” if the system has certain versions of Intel driver installed.

Microsoft is apparently planning to remove the upgrade block on PCs with certain version of Intel RST drivers in early September.

The update, which resolves stability problems, can be downloaded from the Settings app and the Microsoft Update Catalog.

It’s also worth noting that some users are reporting abnormal CPU usage after applying the patch. Microsoft has yet to acknowledge these installation issues, but several users have documented the issue on various forums, including the Feedback Hub.

The post Microsoft plans to lift another Windows 10 v1903 upgrade block appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 31, 2019
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Microsoft plans to lift another Windows 10 v1903 upgrade block [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Aug 31, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Aug 31, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft plans to lift another Windows 10 v1903 upgrade block - Similar Threads - Microsoft plans lift

2. Windows 11 22H2 upgrade block partially lifted on computers affected by performance issues...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 22H2 upgrade block partially lifted on computers affected by performance issues...: A few weeks ago, Microsoft confirmed that the Windows 11 22H2 update was causing performance issues in some games, and that it had blocked the upgrade on impacted systems. One of these blocks has now been removed, which will allow some users to update their operating system....
  3. Microsoft lifts upgrade blocks ahead of Windows 10 21H1 rollout

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft lifts upgrade blocks ahead of Windows 10 21H1 rollout: For the first time since last October, Windows 10 feature updates are no longer blocked for most users. Microsoft’s latest move could help those stuck on Windows 10 version 1909 and upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H2, which were released in May 2020 and October 2020...
  4. Microsoft plans to improve another core feature of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans to improve another core feature of Windows 10: Windows 8 was released with the promise that it would bridge the two worlds — modern and legacy/traditional computing. In addition to your existing Win32 apps, Windows 8 also shipped with the ability to run the modern apps that would offer better multitasking experience on...
  5. Microsoft plans another fix for Windows 10 Search issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans another fix for Windows 10 Search issues: Windows Search is a core part of Windows 10 and it powers File Explorer, and other apps to help you find files such as documents, pictures or apps. Windows Search issues on Windows 10 is more common than you may think. One of the popular issues hitting devices running...
  6. Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems: Microsoft released the final version of Windows 10 version 1903, the May 2019 Update, at the end of May 2019. The release replaces Windows 10 version 1809 and will be around for longer because Windows 10 19H2, the second feature update of 2019, will just be a cumulative...
  7. Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs: Microsoft maintains a list of known issues and upgrade blocks for Windows 10 version 1903. With the latest Patch Tuesday update, Microsoft appears to have lifted the upgrade block for Windows 10 May 2019 Update, or version 1903, allowing more users to install the latest...
  8. Can't upgrade to Windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade to Windows 10 v1903: Everyone is talking about this new upgrade to version 1903, but I can't get it. Why? There are many phases Windows Update has gone through over the last couple of months. Most of the time, nothing shows up in Windows Update, except updates to the Windows Defender...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 v1903 from v1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 v1903 from v1809: Hi all, I got my new Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 laptop which i got Windows 10 v1803 pre-installed. Out of curiosity i updated my windows forcefully to v1903 and lost my WiFi connectivity. I tried rolling back drivers and all the troubleshooting steps from various sites and it...
  10. Windows 10 v1903 features removed or planned for replacement

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 v1903 features removed or planned for replacement: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]As Windows move from one feature update to another, it adds new features, and remove some features. These features are usually removed when there is a better alternative or existing functionality won’t work with future hardware. The same has happened [...]...