Windows 10: Microsoft plans to update Notepad on Windows 10 via Store

Discus and support Microsoft plans to update Notepad on Windows 10 via Store in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Starting with Windows 10 20H1, the legacy Notepads app will shed its dependence on Windows 10 updates. In a new announcement, Microsoft confirmed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 16, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft plans to update Notepad on Windows 10 via Store

Starting with Windows 10 20H1, the legacy Notepads app will shed its dependence on Windows 10 updates. In a new announcement, Microsoft confirmed that Notepad app will be updated more frequently from the Store and it won’t rely on new versions of Windows.

Windows 10 Build 18963 introduces a new change that would allow Microsoft to update Notepad directly from the Store. If the speculation is correct, Store support for Notepad could improve the app’s visibility and usefulness.

Currently, Notepad updates are tied to Windows updates and the app was last updated with Windows 10 version 1903 in May. Like classic Edge browser and Cortana, Notepad is updated once in every six months with general improvements.

By moving Notepad to Store, Microsoft will be able to update the app independently from Windows 10 and it will also allow the Redmond firm to quickly update the app with new features.

“Starting with this build, we’re making a change so that future Notepad updates will be automatically available via the store,” Microsoft said.

It doesn’t mean that Microsoft will allow users to uninstall the Notepad. For now, Microsoft is only making Notepad updatable from Windows Store.

It’s worth noting that Cortana is also coming to the Microsoft Store with Windows 10’s Spring 2020 update.

The post Microsoft plans to update Notepad on Windows 10 via Store appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Aug 16, 2019
  4. desennium Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Microsoft released Windows 10, code named "Threshold 1," a little over two years ago. As of May of this year, there were approximately 500 million Windows 10 devices worldwide. Originally, Microsoft predicted that Windows 10 would be installed on 1 billion devices by mid-2018. When released, Windows 10 gained huge adoption from those running Windows 7 from the "free-upgrade program" which lasted one year.

Since then however, installations have slowly declined and in July of last year, Microsoft admitted that they would miss their projected goal of 1 billion devices. Since its release, Windows 10 has had three major update releases with "Threshold 2," in 2015, "Anniversary Update," in 2016, "Creators Update" in April of this year and today marks the release of Microsoft's fourth major feature update to its operating system, dubbed "Fall Creators Update," version 1709.

Today's update brings about many new features including:
    • OneDrive On demand (formerly known as OneDrive Placeholders introduced in WIndows 8.1) a way to keep track of your files stored on OneDrive from any of your devices without having to store them locally.
    • 'My People' Hub Integration makes it easier to stay in touch with people right from the taskbar
    • Story Remix gives you to the tools and the power to create content from your photos and videos to make memorable stories
    • Windows Mixed Reality brings a new generation of augmented reality where the real world meets the digital one.
    • Fluent Design System is Microsoft's new design that will take place over the next few years with each feature update. Microsoft intends to make all products and devices one user interface and it begins with the Fall Creators Update.

Furthermore, Microsoft has made changes and brings privacy enhancements with today's update. The Fall Creators Update gives users more control of what information is being collected. Users will be greeted with the Privacy Statement on the setup process to get an idea of what information that entails. Microsoft is also adding two game anti-cheating systems, called TruePlay and Game Monitor, to address the problem of cheating similarly to what VAC (Valve Anti-Cheating) does for Steam.

The Fall Creators Update is available today but will be rolled out in stages as usual. Newer devices most compatible with Windows 10 will receive the update first. The rollout will take several months before everyone is updated. However, if you don't see today's update you can use the Update Assistant Tool to manually update now, here.

Source: Microsoft

desennium, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft plans to update Notepad on Windows 10 via Store - Similar Threads - Microsoft plans update

2. Microsoft To Do not updating via Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft To Do not updating via Microsoft Store.: Hello, I have a problem, When I try to do update Microsoft To Do through the Microsoft Store, I always get this error:Is there a solution for this? Can someone please take the time to help me?Thanks,Kris Schneider....
  3. Microsoft To Do not updating via Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft To Do not updating via Microsoft Store.: Hello, I have a problem, When I try to do update Microsoft To Do through the Microsoft Store, I always get this error:Is there a solution for this? Can someone please take the time to help me?Thanks,Kris Schneider....
  4. Microsoft To Do not updating via Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't update apps via Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update apps via Microsoft Store: Hi, I am using a PC running on Windows 10 1909 x64. Whenever I attempt to download or update apps from Microsoft Store, I get the 0x80070422 code which means that Windows Update is disabled and suggests running a troubleshooter. [ATTACH] Problem is that when I run a...
  6. downloading via Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloading via Microsoft store: I have a big problem i just buyed game pass and i can't download anything it only show me that i can download on C drive and if t try to change it in change where new content is saved it shows me error code 0x80070005 and it say we were unable to set a default save location...
  7. Windows 10 Notepad app is not coming to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Notepad app is not coming to Microsoft Store: In early 2018, Microsoft said Windows 10 20H1 update replaces the built-in Notepad app with a Microsoft Store version that would allow the company to update Notepad at a faster pace. It looks like Microsoft has changed its mind and it won’t bring Notepad to the Windows Store...
  8. Microsoft moves Notepad to the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft moves Notepad to the Microsoft Store: The plain text editor Notepad has been turned into a Microsoft Store application in the latest preview builds of the next major feature update for Windows 10, version 20H1. Notepad is certainly not the first core Windows program that Microsoft turned into a Store application...
  9. Microsoft will now update Notepad via Microsoft Store in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will now update Notepad via Microsoft Store in Windows 10: Notepad has been a well-loved text editor in Windows for over 30 years. Over the last few releases, we’ve been making a number of small improvements to Notepad based on your feedback (including expanded line ending support, wrap around search, and indicating when there’s...
  10. Ms planning Windows 10 updates via subscription

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ms planning Windows 10 updates via subscription: Hi folks Saw this in the online version of the UK's Daily Mail (hardly known though as the most reliable of sources -- usually very much a "Hang'em and Flog'em" very Right wing type of paper !!..). Microsoft to launch a paid subscription for Windows 10 computers | Daily...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft notepad plans