Windows 10: Microsoft plans with display scaling on Windows 10 Redstone

Discus and support Microsoft plans with display scaling on Windows 10 Redstone in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As the offices at Microsoft begin to churn again with regular employee traffic, questions about Windows 10 Redstone are starting to resurface. Many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft plans with display scaling on Windows 10 Redstone

Read more: Here’s what Microsoft plans to do with display scaling on Windows 10 Redstone

:)

Brink, Jan 6, 2016
  2. Shivers96 Win User

HTC One M8 for Windows and Windows 10 Mobile?

Are there plans to bring the official Windows 10 Mobile upgrade to the HTC One (M8)? And for insiders, will the Redstone builds be made available for it?

Shivers96, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't highlight selected file(s) or folder(s)

In windows 7 the user was required to logout then login again after changing the display scaling, which I think should be kept as required in Windows 10 by Microsoft, because the Windows Explorer is closely connected to the Windows desktop and that is
    what

is effected by the scaling of the display.

AshrafSada, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

Thanks. Scaling is important in this day and age.

Rocky, Jan 6, 2016
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    It sounds better than their solution to the Windows 10 Photos app where their solution to cure photos being soft at 100% view was just to apply sharpening to every image (even with 'automatic enhancements' turned off). The result of this is that photos are now over-sharpened, instead of being native 'as is' pixels. Fortunately, on a 1080P monitor Windows Photo Viewer still displays images reliably.

ARC1020, Jan 6, 2016
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    Windows should be easily capable of recognising the screen type as being "classic desktop monitor" - unrotatable, with landscape aspect ratios, and therefore only requiring ClearType sub-pixel rendering and no monochrome antialiasing for text, with physical pixels defined by the monitor type - and mobile tablet and hand-held screens without benefits from ClearType sub-pixel rendering, requiring monochrome antialiasing for text and effective pixel scaling for images at all times, as images are zoomed on the screen on demand.

This mixed-up rendering travesty has continued for too long, and it is high time it was addressed.

Fafhrd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft plans with display scaling on Windows 10 Redstone - Similar Threads - Microsoft plans display

2. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  3. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  4. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 display scaling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display scaling issue: I have recently installed a full Ubuntu onto a USB flash drive. I also have Windows 10 installed on the internal SSD. Windows 10 and Ubuntu do not see and interfere with each other. But after installing Ubuntu onto the flash drive and doing my work there, I ejected the...
  6. Windows 10 Display Scale

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Display Scale: Hi Folks, To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at 7680 x 2160 To make it easier to use word/email and other applications, I go to display settings and set the scaling to 150%...
  7. Windows 10 Display Scale

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Display Scale: Hi Folks, To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at 7680 x 2160 To make it easier to use word/email and other applications, I go to display settings and set the scaling to 150%...
  8. Microsoft is adding new display modes to PWAs in Windows 10 Redstone 5

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is adding new display modes to PWAs in Windows 10 Redstone 5: This week is Microsoft's Build 2018 developer conference, and if it wasn't obvious, a hot topic is Progressive Web Apps. Support for PWAs was added in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, or version 1803, and they allow for web apps to act like native apps by using Service...
  9. Questions about the planned "Redstone" update roll-out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Questions about the planned "Redstone" update roll-out: I don't know when MS plans out rolling out the Redstone update, but will Redstone be pushed out from the built-in Windows 10 Updates or will I have to re-download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool again in order to have the Redstone update installed? Please explain how to...
  10. Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10: So I upgraded from Windows 8.1 and had everything working perfectly, no blurry texts in any application. However, a lot of applications now have really blurry text, including some installed apps like Device Manager. The problem goes away if I reduce scaling to 100% but that...