Windows 10: Microsoft, please follow the good things from Apple

Discus and support Microsoft, please follow the good things from Apple in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://onezero.medium.com/apple-is-trying-to-kill-web-technology-a274237c174d The Mac App Store has quietly started rejecting apps made with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/puppy2016, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Microsoft, please follow the good things from Apple

https://onezero.medium.com/apple-is-trying-to-kill-web-technology-a274237c174d

The Mac App Store has quietly started rejecting apps made with a popular tool called Electron that allows developers to base all of their apps on the web-based code. Some of the most popular apps in the App Store, like Slack, Spotify, Discord, and WhatsApp, fall into this category.

Finally no Electron crap advertised as applications.

submitted by /u/puppy2016
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/puppy2016, Nov 17, 2019

2. Apple iPhone in Autoplay list

I am unable to remove the listing in Autoplay for Apple Iphone and I spent numerous hours trying to remove it with no luck at all. I followed the steps using the registry as well, still it is shown on the AutoPlay listing.
    Spoke to one IT helpdesk agent and said the only way to get rid of it is to just reinstall Windows in order to remove that option from the list.

I even re-inserted my iPhone to my machine and uninstalled the drivers from Device Manager under Portable Devices.

Obsolete devices in Autoplay list multiple entries for same - Microsoft Community

Update >> I managed to remove it under Devices and Printers. Looks like it does not work under Device Manager.

win10freak, Nov 17, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Microsoft, please follow the good things from Apple :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 17, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Microsoft, please follow the good things from Apple

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft, please follow the good things from Apple

1. Microsoft, please follow the good things from Apple - Similar Threads - Microsoft please follow

2. Microsoft's already fantastic. Please stop messing with a good thing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft's already fantastic. Please stop messing with a good thing.: Microsoft products already do everything, and, for the most part, they do them just fine. Please stop improving them and focus on making them uniform across platforms. Please clean up the Microsoft help pages and eliminate obsolete pages. Please stop moving things. I am sick...
  3. Microsoft's already fantastic. Please stop messing with a good thing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft's already fantastic. Please stop messing with a good thing.: Microsoft products already do everything, and, for the most part, they do them just fine. Please stop improving them and focus on making them uniform across platforms. Please clean up the Microsoft help pages and eliminate obsolete pages. Please stop moving things. I am sick...
  4. Unsync Microsoft To Do from Apple Reminders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsync Microsoft To Do from Apple Reminders: Hi there,I use Microsoft To Do strictly for work, and Apple Reminders strictly for home. Having these separate apps is important to me in ensuring work/life balance. I only have To Do on my work computer, and I only have Apple Reminders on my personal iPhone. However, I added...
  5. How come Microsoft still things automatic restarts are a good thing on windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How come Microsoft still things automatic restarts are a good thing on windows?: Title, no one likes them, start with it turned off and make it the option to turn on if you want auto restarts for all those weird people who like it otherwise I'll choose a time because I don't need to be getting restarted mid video game as windows can't recognize when I am...
  6. Is Microsoft following the example of Apple preventing apps not in "Store" from running?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Microsoft following the example of Apple preventing apps not in "Store" from running?: After installing The 2020 version, Adobe Reader would not install. Is this to force ueser to use the built in pdf reader which has very limited capabilities? After installing updates KB4565633 an KB4565483 suddenly PC Link for mirroring Android phone on PC and EasyBCD...
  7. Microsoft or Apple?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft or Apple?: My question refers to the two manufacturers Microsoft and Apple and the products or operating systems of these giants. Would you rather use Microsoft Windows 10 and a custom PC or would you prefer an Apple product with macOS? Apple and their high price policy is in my...
  8. Fast boot, is it a good thing or bad ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast boot, is it a good thing or bad ?: I personally enjoy it, makes a pc load fast, what am i missing > i see on many answers around the board disable fast boot 77890
  9. New Tools is this a good or bad thing ????

in Windows 10 Support
    New Tools is this a good or bad thing ????: New tools promise to unlock the potential of Windows 10 Mobile and Lumia smartphone. Can Windows Phone Internals bring the hacker community back to the fold? Windows Phone has a very ironic history. Back in the mid-2000s it was the operating system for hackers, tinkerers...
  10. Is the "Upgrade" a good thing to get?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is the "Upgrade" a good thing to get?: I have an icon on my homescreen that's called "Windows Update assistant". When I clicked it in the past, it would tell me that my Windows Updates needed to be current in order to work, so I made sure to do that. Now, I clicked it and it mentioned something about a Win10...