Windows 10: microsoft, please help me fix the download error "virus scan failed". operating system is...

Discus and support microsoft, please help me fix the download error "virus scan failed". operating system is... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; everytime I download ANYTHING , it says virus scan failed. I don't know how to fix it, and im only 8.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AidenJiang, Nov 19, 2020.

1. microsoft, please help me fix the download error "virus scan failed". operating system is...

everytime I download ANYTHING , it says virus scan failed. I don't know how to fix it,

and im only 8.

:)

AidenJiang, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: Couldn't download - virus scan failed message when trying to download a program

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error, 'Couldn't download - virus scan failed message' when trying to download a program. I'll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the program that you are trying to download?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • Are you able to download any other programs?

I would suggest you to try using a different browser like Microsoft Edge and see if that helps.

If you are receiving this error while using Google Chrome, I would suggest you to refer the section
    "Virus scan failed" or "Virus detected" in the article Fix file download errors
    and see if that helps.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer the article How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I would also recommend you to create a system restore point.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 19, 2020
  3. FAILED VIRUS SCAN FAILED

Anytime I try to download something be a document or a program I get an error message: Failed, Virus scan failed. how to fix?

Wendi Sharp, Nov 19, 2020
  4. microsoft, please help me fix the download error "virus scan failed". operating system is...

Virus Scan Failed" every time I attempt any download

"Virus Scan Failed" every time I attempt any download
    microsoft, please help me fix the download error "virus scan failed". operating system is... [​IMG]

I get this failed message every time I attempt to download anything (pictures, PDF's, documents, programs). I uninstalled my virus software (Mcaffee) and the problem still persists. I have looked and I don't see any other virus protection in the program
    list. The issue is happening with Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

The operating system is Windows 10 Home (64bit).

Please help!!!

Eco MaxServices, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

microsoft, please help me fix the download error "virus scan failed". operating system is...

1. microsoft, please help me fix the download error "virus scan failed". operating system is... - Similar Threads - microsoft please help

2. My operating system is gone please help me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My operating system is gone please help me: Help me please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-operating-system-is-gone-please-help-me/b9fb094c-ed0b-4df0-9d00-76c258092fc8
  3. My operating system is gone please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My operating system is gone please help me: Help me please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-operating-system-is-gone-please-help-me/b9fb094c-ed0b-4df0-9d00-76c258092fc8
  4. My operating system is gone please help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do i fix couldn't download virus scan failed error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do i fix couldn't download virus scan failed error: when i was trying to download viber or google chrome canary for developers it keeps saying equity download virus scan failed on my laptop i can download the program on my computer and other others except for my laptop how do you fix this...
  6. How do i fix couldn't download virus scan failed error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix couldn't download virus scan failed error: when i was trying to download viber or google chrome canary for developers it keeps saying equity download virus scan failed on my laptop i can download the program on my computer and other others except for my laptop how do you fix this...
  7. Failed download virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failed download virus scan: I am unable to download programs, updates, photos or other items. When I try I get the message: Failed download virus scan. It is a firewall issue, but I can't override it to download necessary updates from any source. I don't know if this is a Microsoft issue, or a Windows...
  8. Failed Virus Scan error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Failed Virus Scan error: The error recently popped up about a month ago and everything I do I can't download ANYTHING, I'm really struggling and need help. I've used Google Chrome and Edge. None of those have worked and if you suggest downloading an antivirus I cannot, please help me here....
  9. Error message Couldn't download.....virus scan failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error message Couldn't download.....virus scan failed: After a Windows update I am suddenly unable to download files..... this is applicable for all websites and all browsers..... please help me resolve this....
  10. Virus Scan Failed ERROR!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virus Scan Failed ERROR!: Hi And I have this issue where it says "virus scan failed" every time I DOWNLOAD something I even tried using edge and even ie and it still doesn't work. And the regedit trick doesn't work And I uninstalled my antivirus Please help! Browser I am using: Google Chorme OS:...