Windows 10: Microsoft please make Windows usable again

Discus and support Microsoft please make Windows usable again in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use contrast theme in form of everything neutral gray for years and couldn't anymore because it gives me weird bug of no right click menu in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kirk28, May 15, 2019.

1. kirk28 Win User

Microsoft please make Windows usable again

I use contrast theme in form of everything neutral gray for years and couldn't anymore because it gives me weird bug of no right click menu in open/save dialogs and crushing Zbrush. And the black theme is a same usability/design disaster as default white one. My eyes couldn't focus on anything in the file explorer because of super contrast black background.

Before we had "recent folders" now this quick access is inconvenient as hell. I couldn't even see it in some programs. Please bring w7 styled "recent folders" , not a mess of items.

This Photo app is a terrible pain in the ... too, please bring back "import pictures and videos"

Please make Wacom work normal again like it was in w7.

I know we had a bad/good Windows cycle but it's too long already from last good one: w7. The current one is showing cool pictures at login stage. It's cool indeed but everything beyond that is getting terribly annoying.

Before It was "Listary" that made me tolerate Windows file management . Now it's getting more glitchy with each w10 update.

I just want an OS as invisible behind the soft I use as possible and convenient file management, could you do those two things please before proceeding with all the bizarre stuff

:)

kirk28, May 15, 2019

2. ASUS M5A97 evo 8gb (3.42 usable)

Hi

Hi Guys

Okay tried everything U guys suggested, here is the result, each chip in all the slots shows 4gb in windows but togther in all combinations these 2 chips shows 8gb but only 3.42 usable in windows, still no luck, what do U guys suggest now?

panamaswat, May 15, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 15, 2019
  4. Microsoft please make Windows usable again

Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Microsoft please make Windows usable again [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft please make Windows usable again

1. Microsoft please make Windows usable again - Similar Threads - Microsoft please usable

2. How to make the "home" feature usable again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make the "home" feature usable again?: Good Lord, MS screwed up File Explorer in the latest update. I used to have all of my "favorite" folders under Home so I could access them easily. Now that's gone. Home only shows me files, not folders. And I can only add individual files as "favorited" nice made up word, MS...
  3. How to make the "home" feature usable again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make the "home" feature usable again?: Good Lord, MS screwed up File Explorer in the latest update. I used to have all of my "favorite" folders under Home so I could access them easily. Now that's gone. Home only shows me files, not folders. And I can only add individual files as "favorited" nice made up word, MS...
  4. How to make Windows 11 usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows 11 usable: Not having windows 11 on a slow laptop, but when i upgrade, How i can make it beautiful? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-windows-11-usable/e47c2a20-e72a-4e0e-b7f8-1a9c26f8787a
  5. How to make Windows 11 usable

How to make Windows 11 usable: Not having windows 11 on a slow laptop, but when i upgrade, How i can make it beautiful? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-windows-11-usable/e47c2a20-e72a-4e0e-b7f8-1a9c26f8787a
  6. microsoft store usability

microsoft store usability: How to view and manage downloads in microsoft store?Why does the microsoft store feels so lacking compared to other store platforms?The store doesn't have a prompt upon the start of a download, asking where the files should be installed. The app"settings" has 4 options to...
  7. How to make Windows 11 Usable NOT A QUESTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows 11 Usable NOT A QUESTION: This is on how to make Windows 11 usable with simple fixes. You can use explorer patcher to get some stuff fixed and some stuff reverted to the classic like the personalize in control panel or the old about windows not winver in control panel. BUT! Do not use the classic...
  8. How to make Windows 11 Usable NOT A QUESTION

How to make Windows 11 Usable NOT A QUESTION: This is on how to make Windows 11 usable with simple fixes. You can use explorer patcher to get some stuff fixed and some stuff reverted to the classic like the personalize in control panel or the old about windows not winver in control panel. BUT! Do not use the classic...
  9. making a usable dvd from my movie make

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    making a usable dvd from my movie make: hi i tried the wondershare and all i got was screwed out of 40.00 and im be on the patience of a saint all i want to do is make usable dvds from my movie make so the whole family can sit in the den to watch together my old pc i made a ton of home movies what the heck there...
  10. Microsoft patent could make foldable Windows 10 devices usable

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft patent could make foldable Windows 10 devices usable: A number of Microsoft patents have shown off the foldable phone and PC designs from the company. Today, yet another Microsoft’s foldable device patent has emerged online and unlike other patents, the latest one is all about the single or multiple GUI-based display modes....