Windows 10: Microsoft Point of Service Root Element is Missing

Discus and support Microsoft Point of Service Root Element is Missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! When starting the POS software Cash Register Express, I was receiving the error: Unable to load global configuration file. Could not find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by POSNTravis, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Microsoft Point of Service Root Element is Missing

Hello!

When starting the POS software Cash Register Express, I was receiving the error:

Unable to load global configuration file. Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Point Of Service\Configuration\Configuration.xml'.

I created an empty Configuration.xml file in this directory, which solved this problem.

However, I now receive the error:

Exception while loading global configuration file . Error: Root element is missing.

I've attached an image of what the error looks like below.

Microsoft Point of Service  Root Element is Missing b5933f5e-0433-4f2a-94b4-0a1c69905578?upload=true.png

I initially thought this may be tied to my version of .NET, but when I went to download theoffline installer here, It notified me that I was already at or above the downloaded version.

This has been occurring since purchase on a Touch Dynamic Acrobat running Windows 10 Pro.

How do I go about removing this error? We think it may be causing freezing of the software.

Thank you!

:)

POSNTravis, Dec 26, 2019

2. Root element

Start up Windows 10 --- init error root element missing

DennisSunday, Dec 26, 2019
  3. #varun Win User
    root element missing

when, i open my pc i look this High Severity Error Root element missing, looking at the more detailed message I see Unhandled exception, Log file path must be defined before calling the write to
    log method.how to fix this error?

#varun, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Microsoft Point of Service Root Element is Missing

Windows 10 starts up but shuts down immediately. Error message. "Root element missing"

Windows 10 starts up but shuts down immediately. Error message. "Root element missing" What might be the cause of this. My laptop is a Dell Studio 1558 with genuine windows software. The windows 10 64 bit Repair disc unable to solve the error.

Evon R Nyatete, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Point of Service Root Element is Missing

1. Microsoft Point of Service Root Element is Missing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Point Service

2. i have a root element missing how do i fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a root element missing how do i fix it: Message: Root element is missing. File name: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config Line: 0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-root-element-missing-how-do-i-fix-it/e1624376-e285-401a-b77c-778ef7028e95
  3. i have a root element missing how do i fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a root element missing how do i fix it: Message: Root element is missing. File name: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config Line: 0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-root-element-missing-how-do-i-fix-it/e1624376-e285-401a-b77c-778ef7028e95
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF will not install. "element missing" message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Print to PDF will not install. "element missing" message: I can not install Microsoft Print to PDF.I have tried adding a manual printer. After clicking "windows update", Microsoft Print to PDF shows up. When I select it and try to install, I get a message saying "element missing". I could Print to PDF a few weeks ago, and one day...
  5. Missing graphics and elements on 3 Computer Stations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing graphics and elements on 3 Computer Stations: SO recently 3 out of my 4 computer stations have randomly changed themselves. I'm assuming some kind of update but its strange that its just 3 out of 4. I will attach some screen shots to show you[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Fluent Design elements missing on new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fluent Design elements missing on new laptop: I just recently picked up an HP Envy 15 laptop and I love the performance and design of it. However, for whatever reason, many of the fluent design elements and transparency effects that come with Windows 10 appear to be missing, it looks like my old computer when it was in...
  7. missing points

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    missing points: 3000 of my microsoft points have vanished since yesterday. I didn't spend any of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-points/2e1aeb02-ab6a-4927-9aca-5c77b7d1d30e
  8. Missing UI elements/Glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing UI elements/Glitch: Some minor UI elements are missing on my Win10, like the gray background of the commonly used Apps you see when you click on the search button in the taskbar. Another missing UI element is the small rounded rectangle that indicates the percentage in the slider bars, this...
  9. Windows 10 Version 1903 - Auto Updater - Root Element is Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 1903 - Auto Updater - Root Element is Missing: After installing ver 1903, auto updater is throwing the above error Is there an update to fix this or is there a file I can modify to fix this issue? Thanks...
  10. install root to point error windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    install root to point error windows 10: hi i have neuro programmer 3 and have not be able to use for a while now i have tried regedit and other fix's and would like to ask if anyone else as fixed and how please....