Windows 10: Microsoft powershell not working

Discus and support Microsoft powershell not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 64 bit and when I try open PowerShell it opens for a second and closes again. Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Grant_1999, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Microsoft powershell not working

I am running windows 10 64 bit and when I try open PowerShell it opens for a second and closes again. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks

:)

Grant_1999, Jan 5, 2021

2. Microsoft Solitaire is not working

Hi,

I need more information about your concern. Is there any error message/code after Microsoft Solitaire fails to launch? Since the steps you have tried did not work, I suggest that you reinstall it instead. Follow the steps below:

• Open Windows PowerShell as an administrator. (Type PowerShell in Start menu search box, right-click and select Run as administrator)
    • Type the following command and press Enter "Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    • You can close the PowerShell window and restart your device.
    • Open Store app and search for Microsoft Solitaire Collection and download the game.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 5, 2021
  3. lvgandhi Win User
    powershell help does not seem to work

Thanks for response.
    I have done chkdsk C: /f also.
    still not working. I tried your suggestion also. That also does not work.
    But as I said get-help dir works. Please see below

Microsoft powershell not working [​IMG]

lvgandhi, Jan 5, 2021
  4. KeithM Win User

Microsoft powershell not working

How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft powershell not working

1. Microsoft powershell not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft powershell working

2. PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working: I cannot use PowerShell anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-admin-and-powershell-is-not-working/5609d07f-3986-4c10-aee8-6f243bc7123b
  3. PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working: I cannot use PowerShell anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-admin-and-powershell-is-not-working/5609d07f-3986-4c10-aee8-6f243bc7123b
  4. PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. wsreset and powershell is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsreset and powershell is not working: Microsoft store is not opening error 0x80131500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsreset-and-powershell-is-not-working/2ba1754d-e7e9-4392-9cd9-7e8c39e38250
  6. Microsoft store stopped working and powershell step not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store stopped working and powershell step not working: any ideas. had an issue with the microsoft store, it led to resetting dates and times, troubleshooting steps to repair and then reset etc, etc. All the easy stuff basically :. then the store no longer opens or works. trying to follow the advice to use the powershell to reset...
  7. Microsoft store stopped working and powershell step not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store stopped working and powershell step not working: any ideas. had an issue with the microsoft store, it led to resetting dates and times, troubleshooting steps to repair and then reset etc, etc. All the easy stuff basically :. then the store no longer opens or works. trying to follow the advice to use the powershell to reset...
  8. Reinstalling Microsoft Store In PowerShell Not Working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstalling Microsoft Store In PowerShell Not Working: I Watched dozens of tutorials but nothings working but months ago i succesfully reinstalled ms store but now its not working its not saying initialized i tried to disable and re enable powershell but nothings working and i try troubleshooting and wsreset but nothing works and...
  9. PowerShell shortcut not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell shortcut not working.: Shortcut: Code: C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -WindowStyle Hidden "& ""D:\Backup\Common\App_Launcher\System_2\EmptyRecycleBin.ps1""" If this code is run inside Powershell.ise, it works, but not with the shortcut: Code: $title = 'Empty Recycle Bin'...
  10. Microsoft introducing Working Groups within PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft introducing Working Groups within PowerShell: Since we open sourced PowerShell in 2016, PowerShell has been an immensely popular project on GitHub. Every year, 700-1000 PRs and 1300-1500 issues are submitted to the PowerShell repo, with roughly half of the PRs and 90% of the issues filed from the community. We realize...