Windows 10: Microsoft PowerToys 0.15 focuses on quality improvements

Discus and support Microsoft PowerToys 0.15 focuses on quality improvements in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NiveaGeForce [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NiveaGeForce, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Microsoft PowerToys 0.15 focuses on quality improvements

/u/NiveaGeForce, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft PowerToys version 0.14.0 released for Windows 10

UPDATE 12/5: New Microsoft PowerToys version 0.14.1 released for Windows 10

How to install

For new and existing users, head to Releases . microsoft/PowerToys . GitHub and download the PowerToysSetup.msi installer.

How to Download and Install Microsoft PowerToys in Windows 10

What’s new inside 0.14.0

FancyZones

Changes:

• Removed legacy editor (along with the settings option to choose between the legacy editor and the new editor).
    • Added a settings to disable FanzyZones for user defined list of applications.
    • The editor now opens highlighting the current active layout.
    • Show the correct keyboard key for the editor shortcut (with some limitations due to the WebView control).
    Bug fixes:

• Fixed the FancyZones bug that was stealing the number keys (mostly happening when dragging Chrome tabs).
    • Fixed a DPI scaling bug in the FancyZones editor that was causing the zones to be placed in the wrong position on the screen.
    • Fixed bug preventing several apps from working with FancyZones (there are still some cases, like remote apps, that may not work).
    PowerRename

Changes:
    • The dialog can be resized (still need to finished the work to handle DPI changes when moving the dialog between screen with different scaling %).
    • Added settings to restore search and replace flags value from previous run.
    • Added settings to enable autocomplete and auto-suggest.
    Bug fixes:

• Improved RegEx replace result.
    • Fix bug preventing sub-folder items to be renamed if parent folder is also renamed.
    Other bug fixes

• fixed a bug in the runner that was causing the tray icon to not appear.
    • minor UI tweaks to the Settings appearance (icons position and margins, module's description text and documentation links position and margins).
    • fixed a crash in the SortcutGuide.
    NOTE: When upgrading from a previous version, the installer will close all the Windows Explorer windows in order to update the PowerRename shell extension.

Brink, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft PowerToys 0.13 now available for Windows 10

How to install

For new and existing users, head to Releases . microsoft/PowerToys . GitHub and download the PowerToysSetup.msi installer.

How to Download and Install Microsoft PowerToys in Windows 10

What’s new inside 0.13

PowerRename:
    • Fixed crashing bug
    • Fixed duplicate entries for PowerRename in context menu for shortcuts
    • PowerReanme dialog is no longer appearing in top corner all the time
    • Ensure we show the file extension in the UI even if extensions are hidden in Windows Explorer
    Shortcut Guide:
    • Fixed conflicting key with Xbox controller
    • Hide Shortcut Guide when a screenshot is taken

Brink, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft PowerToys 0.15 focuses on quality improvements

Microsoft PowerToys 0.12 now available for Windows 10

Source: PowerToys v0.12 now available! - Windows Insider

Brink, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft PowerToys 0.15 focuses on quality improvements

1. Microsoft PowerToys 0.15 focuses on quality improvements - Similar Threads - Microsoft PowerToys focuses

2. noticeable video quality improvement?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    noticeable video quality improvement?: have there been any upgrades in terms of video playback recently? i got a 4k tv a few weeks back and ever since i screen mirrored the 2 it seems like the quality of video playback on my windows 10 laptop has improved drastically. did it activate some type of enhancement...
  3. When will Microsoft make improvements in Bluetooth audio quality ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When will Microsoft make improvements in Bluetooth audio quality ?: Whenever I use Bluetooth to connect external speakers, headphones or earbuds to a Windows computer the sound quality has been abysmal. This is very disappointing in comparison to the audio Bluetooth connections with Android/Google and Apple products. There has to be an easy...
  4. Improving Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    Improving Focus Assist: I want to provide suggestion for "Focus Assist" in Windows 10. Here's my current problem with it: I don't want Focus Assist enabled at all when I'm just browsing the Internet or working and etc... However I want Focus Assist enabled automatically if I start playing a video...
  5. Microsoft switches Windows Insider rings to channels to focus on quality

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft switches Windows Insider rings to channels to focus on quality: Microsoft Principal Program Manager Lead Amanda Langowski announced a change in the structuring of Windows Insider releases on the official Windows Experience blog yesterday. Microsoft introduced a ring model for Windows Insiders when it released the Windows 10 operating...
  6. Microsoft extends Graphics Driver evaluations (to improve driver quality)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft extends Graphics Driver evaluations (to improve driver quality): Graphics drivers are a common cause for crashes and other issues on Windows systems. Microsoft uses a system that evaluates graphics drivers, e.g. by measuring crashes and hangs in games, to determine whether the driver should be rejected or pulled. Microsoft uses the data...
  7. Microsoft to improve Windows 10 drivers quality mechanism

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve Windows 10 drivers quality mechanism: Driver installation through Windows Update has caused significant issues in the past. For example, a number of driver flaws interfered with the installation of major feature updates in 2019 and old drivers were offered even though newer versions were installed already. In...
  8. Microsoft to improve quality of Windows 10 driver updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve quality of Windows 10 driver updates: From time to time, we’ve seen reports of Windows Update installing device drivers that are not compatible with the new versions of the OS. Windows 10 drivers are often accidentally pushed to devices and incompatible drivers cause various issues including BSOD on some...
  9. Is Microsoft making an effort to improve update transparency and quality?

in Windows 10 News
    Is Microsoft making an effort to improve update transparency and quality?: Microsoft was never particularly good when it came to update transparency and communication; while you could say that for a lot of companies, Google for instance, it always felt to me that Microsoft could improve the situation significantly with minimal resources. I talked...
  10. Accessibility improvements in EdgeHTML 15

in Windows 10 News
    Accessibility improvements in EdgeHTML 15: In last year’s Windows 10 Anniversary Update, we introduced a new architecture for web accessibility, enabling a more accessible web with Microsoft Edge. With this dramatically improved foundation, we’ve been hard at work improving the experience even more in EdgeHTML 15 and...