Windows 10: Microsoft PowerToys rebooted in open source for Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft PowerToys rebooted in open source for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Overview PowerToys is a set of utilities for power users to tune and streamline their Windows experience for greater productivity. Inspired by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 8, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft PowerToys rebooted in open source for Windows 10

Source: GitHub - microsoft/PowerToys: Windows system utilities to maximize productivity

:)

Brink, May 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 8, 2019
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, May 8, 2019
  4. Microsoft PowerToys rebooted in open source for Windows 10

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

How is this news or surprising to anyone?
    Especially when there are viable and arguably better open-source alternatives out there.. For those of us who don't use Microsoft Office, this isn't a problem.

lexluthermiester, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft PowerToys rebooted in open source for Windows 10

1. Microsoft PowerToys rebooted in open source for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft PowerToys rebooted

2. Open Source on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Source on Microsoft Store: How can I publish a free open-source project on Microsoft Store? It's a Win32 Windows desktop app using WinUI 3 and Windows SDK API. What sort of developer account do I need?...
  3. Open Source on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Source on Microsoft Store: How can I publish a free open-source project on Microsoft Store? It's a Win32 Windows desktop app using WinUI 3 and Windows SDK API. What sort of developer account do I need?...
  4. PowerToys for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerToys for Windows 10: I have tried to submitt this question on GitHub for PowerToys but the page did not let meIf this question should be in different catalogue please reassign itQuestion:My language is set to Polish and per default del key on numeric keyboard to produces coma.I do not want to...
  5. PowerToys for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerToys for Windows 10: I have tried to submitt this question on GitHub for PowerToys but the page did not let meIf this question should be in different catalogue please reassign itQuestion:My language is set to Polish and per default del key on numeric keyboard to produces coma.I do not want to...
  6. Microsoft PowerToys 0.13 now available for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft PowerToys 0.13 now available for Windows 10: How to install For new and existing users, head to Releases . microsoft/PowerToys . GitHub and download the PowerToysSetup.msi installer. How to Download and Install Microsoft PowerToys in Windows 10 What’s new inside 0.13 PowerRename: Fixed crashing bug Fixed...
  7. Microsoft PowerToys 0.12 now available for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft PowerToys 0.12 now available for Windows 10: We’ve just released our 0.12 release of PowerToys on GitHub. We’ve gotten tons of great feedback and suggestions from the community and want to directly say thank you to everyone. For those who haven’t heard of PowerToys before, it’s a set of utilities for power users to...
  8. Microsoft’s PowerToys is now available for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s PowerToys is now available for Windows 10: In the 90s, PowerToys was one of the most popular suites of tools developed by Microsoft to enhance Windows experience and add a lineup of additional features. As promised, Microsoft has released the first preview version of PowerToys for Windows 10 with two exciting...
  9. Microsoft releases first preview of PowerToys for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases first preview of PowerToys for Windows 10: The first public release of PowerToys is now available for download featuring the two utilities FanzyZones and Shortcuts Guide. Microsoft revealed in May 2019 that it wanted to revive PowerToys and make it open source in the process. Veteran Windows users may remember...
  10. Microsoft: An Open Source Windows Is ‘Definitely Possible’

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: An Open Source Windows Is ‘Definitely Possible’: Microsoft’s software empire rests on Windows, the computer operating system that runs so many of the world’s desktop PCs, laptops, phones, and servers. Along with the Office franchise, it generates the majority of the company’s revenues. But one day, the company could “open...