Windows 10: Microsoft Precision Mouse Not Charging

Discus and support Microsoft Precision Mouse Not Charging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased a Precision mouse a couple of months ago, and all seemed to be working fine. A month after purchasing it, I received a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SA1981-9, Jul 6, 2020.

1. SA1981-9 Win User

Microsoft Precision Mouse Not Charging

Hello,

I purchased a Precision mouse a couple of months ago, and all seemed to be working fine.

A month after purchasing it, I received a notification that battery is running low, and I need to charge the device.

After charging it over night, I saw it was still showing a 60% charge, and not matter how long I tried to charge it - nothing changed.

A month later the battery charge dropped to 5%, then 0% with constant messages that the battery is running low, and I need to charge.

Again - no matter how long I charge, nothing changes.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the mouse from the Device Manager, and nothing changed.

Note - Mouse is working even though showing a 0% charge, but always alerting and stopping.

What can be done?

:)

SA1981-9, Jul 6, 2020

2. Jumpy Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse

Hi,

Your concern regarding the Microsoft Surface Precision mouse not working properly can be caused by an outdated software or a possible hardware fault. As an initial step to isolate your concern, we suggest that you download and install
    the latest Mouse and Keyboard Center app which promotes optimal device utilization. Click this
    link and select the appropriate version for your system to start the download.

In the event that you continue to encounter the issue even after installing the app on a different device, then we suggest that you get in-touch with our contact support team to rule out any hardware related issues. Select the channel of support from this
    support link.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Microsoft Launches the Surface Precision Mouse for $99.99

I'm not a fan of Apple but this mouse actually makes them look good in comparison. In either case you get medicore quality but at least with apple they are smart enough to know ease of use is important. Microsoft was so cheap here they couldn't even bother to put in a USB C port. Who wants to fiddle putting the charging cord into their mouse. Even Logitech's wireless gaming mice have a better charging connector.

evernessince, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Wenex Win User

Mouse sensitivity changed by itself. It feels weird, incosistant, like it's on ice.

The enchance pointer precision is off, I did mention it in the post: "- Mouse Acceleration is OFF"

I did the troubleshooting and it found nothing.

Wenex, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Precision Mouse Not Charging - Similar Threads - Microsoft Precision Mouse

2. Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse & Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse & Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: I purchased a Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse as I wanted a Bluetooth rechargeable mouse.In Win11 beta and still in win11 release, the mouse side buttons keep randomly activating while using my mouse.It gets really bad on the side middle button. It brings up this desktop...
  3. Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse & Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse & Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: I purchased a Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse as I wanted a Bluetooth rechargeable mouse.In Win11 beta and still in win11 release, the mouse side buttons keep randomly activating while using my mouse.It gets really bad on the side middle button. It brings up this desktop...
  4. Mouse acceleration/enhanced precision.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse acceleration/enhanced precision.: I have turned off enhanced precision on my pc so i dont have to deal with mouse acceleration However i somehow still get mouse acceleration. i have a gaming pc and a gaming mouse. The game i play doesnt even allow mouse acceleration. I tried everything but everytime i flick...
  5. Microsoft Precision Mouse

Microsoft Precision Mouse: Hello, I just bought a Microsoft Precision mouse. I'm trying to pair it with my Dell Inspiron 17 laptop. When I go through the steps to pair, nothing comes up in my bluetooth devices. Also my bluetooth compatibility is higher than 4.0. Any help would be appreciated. Larry A...
  6. Connecting a microsoft precision mouse via bluetooth

Connecting a microsoft precision mouse via bluetooth: Hi, so I'm trying to connect a Microsoft precision mouse via Bluetooth for the first time and this might be a stupid question, but is seems impossible, since it seems the cable have to be disconnected for the pairing light to start blinking, but if I dis-connect it I can't...
  7. Microsoft Precision Mouse not working with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

Microsoft Precision Mouse not working with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: Hi, Ever since an update with windows around June, I have noticed that my Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse behaving erratically. 1 The smart switch feature has been slower than before. 2 My macros has been back to default. It was not a problem for me until I opened up...
  8. about Microsoft precision mouse

about Microsoft precision mouse: I just wonder if I can program the thumb button in Microsoft precision mouse to move forward or backward by few second in Youtube for example? is it having that capability to be programmed that much?...
  9. Microsoft Precision Mouse is not recognized by my PC

Microsoft Precision Mouse is not recognized by my PC: A Microsoft agent, Crest_Z was working on this question about the time the pandemic hysteria started and I dropped the ball. Would like to answer his previous question from February 25. His theory was that my system did not support Bluetooth 4.0 and he asked for my system...
  10. Precision mouse not fully charging

Precision mouse not fully charging: I recently bought a Microsoft Precision mouse which has a built-in rechargeable battery. When I plug it in to charge it never goes past 75%. It is plugged into a USB 2.0 port on a Dell laptop using Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. precision mouse charging