Windows 10: Microsoft Preinstall Apps don't work (Edge, Windows Store etc.)

Discus and support Microsoft Preinstall Apps don't work (Edge, Windows Store etc.) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys! I'm having this problem since yesterday, and I can't find anyone with the same problem. I have this problem where no microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by smaardy, Jan 6, 2016.

1. smaardy Win User

Microsoft Preinstall Apps don't work (Edge, Windows Store etc.)

Hi guys!

I'm having this problem since yesterday, and I can't find anyone with the same problem.
    I have this problem where no microsoft applications work. I can't open Edge, Windows Store or Photos app. When I want to open them, there is absolutely 0 response. No error-message, nothing! When I observe the task manager while starting these apps, they DO appear for like, 1 second. They immediately disappear though.
    I don't know what the issue is. I have this problem since I installed the application: SaferVPN (I already uninstalled it).
    Ou yea, my Windows search doesn't work either. No reaction from the system at all.

I already tried running sfc /scannow.
    My computer is up to date.
    There were no windows updates involved at the point of time where the problem occurred.
    I tried restarting windows several times.

I run Windows 10 for quite a long time now. Also, when I want to add a Microsoft Account, it give no response either. (I think thats because it usually opens a small Edge Browser Windows for entering the credentials.

Can you guys please help me? I usually find my solutions in already existing forums, but I didn't find anyone who had the same problem as me (perhaps I didn't google the right thing and couldn't find it because of that.)

Thanks for anything in advance.
    Kind Regards,
    Maarten

:)

smaardy, Jan 6, 2016

2. some of the preinstalled apps like microsoft edge and candy crush soda saga crash and not open

i have updated my windows 7HB to windows 10 home but the preinstalled apps like microsoft edge, candy crush soda saga, get office etc preinstalled apps during windows 10 update are not working and crashed and i am not able to sign in the store using my
    live id

anasmansuri, Jan 6, 2016
  3. fesffesaf Win User
    [PROBLEM] No Windows Store, Edge...

Recently, I updated to the Windows 10 (from W8.1 Pro) but, I don't have Windows Store (or any other Microsoft app etc. Food and Drink, Travel) also there is no Cortana, search and sound doesn't work, there is no any app icon in start menu, even I don't
    have Edge browser (There is internet explorer)... What could be a problem and how to solve it? Pleas help I'm desperate!

fesffesaf, Jan 6, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

Hi smaardy, welcome to Ten Forums. The best way right now to fix your problem is by doing an repair install/ in place upgrade. This is from the Tutorial Forum. Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums . Choose the option to keep your apps and files. There was a way to re-register the windows apps, but it has not been working with the latest version of windows (fall update or version 1511).

JohnC, Jan 6, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    There are too many people having this problem for no particular reason which is indicative of poor software QA. Microsoft should issue a Troubleshooter or Fixit for this common problem instead of requiring a repair install.

Steve C, Jan 7, 2016
  6. TheZeeMan Win User
    Out of curiousity, did you do an upgrade (win7/8) with a regular local account and then recently added a MS account?

TheZeeMan, Jan 12, 2016
  7. I had the same issue.. found my solution to be PC Matic's super Shield program causing the issue. I uninstalled Super shield, everything worked. Reinstalled the latest level 2.0.0.10 and Edge and all store apps quit working again.. uninstalled Super shield, and PC matic for that matter, and all has been good since

frustrated, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Preinstall Apps don't work (Edge, Windows Store etc.) - Similar Threads - Microsoft Preinstall Apps

2. Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.: Hi all, my settings app and microsoft store app and search bar don't open or work.Using windows key + I can sometimes open the settings app, but more often than not it just closes itself.Similarly the microsoft store app won't even open, which makes it difficult to access...
  3. Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.: Hi all, my settings app and microsoft store app and search bar don't open or work.Using windows key + I can sometimes open the settings app, but more often than not it just closes itself.Similarly the microsoft store app won't even open, which makes it difficult to access...
  4. Microsoft PreInstalled Apps wont open Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft PreInstalled Apps wont open Microsoft Store: So a few days ago when I tried to log onto Minecraft it would just crash immediately. So I went on the internet to see and couldn't find a fix so I uninstalled the game and when I tried to Reinstall the game Microsoft store wont open. I looked up a bunch of different fixes...
  5. Microsoft PreInstalled Apps wont open Microsoft Store

Microsoft PreInstalled Apps wont open Microsoft Store: So a few days ago when I tried to log onto Minecraft it would just crash immediately. So I went on the internet to see and couldn't find a fix so I uninstalled the game and when I tried to Reinstall the game Microsoft store wont open. I looked up a bunch of different fixes...
  6. Microsoft store don't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store don't work: Hi, I'm having the following problem with the store:When I try to open any game, the screen freezes, and I can't help but quit. I was advised to use Software Repair Tool, but it doesn't work stopping at 21% I'm in Italy, is that the problem?I can't find anything around, can...
  7. windows search, microsoft store , microsoft edge and settings apps are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search, microsoft store , microsoft edge and settings apps are not working: how to fix windows search, microsoft store , microsoft edge and settings apps are not working * Moved from Research/Eyes First https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-microsoft-store-microsoft-edge-and/04442773-5dce-4f99-8a08-b9883bcfa528
  8. Cannot install Windows preinstalled apps like Store, Mail, Calendar, etc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Windows preinstalled apps like Store, Mail, Calendar, etc.: I have an HP EliteDesk 800. I reset the PC and Windows reinstalled but without its regular apps like Store, Mail, Calendar, etc. I reset it again and same thing. I found there is a PowerShell command to run to install the whole package, but I get this error: [ATTACH]...
  9. Microsoft Store and apps don't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store and apps don't work: Around a month ago, I noticed that the microsoft store and the apps weren't working. When I try to open them, they close after a few seconds they were opened. I tried many powershell and command prompt solutions, but they didn't work. I also tried wsreset.exe, but it did not...
  10. Windows apps and app stores don't work

Windows apps and app stores don't work: Hi, I have found that the Windows 10 app store disappeared from my system, apps like calculator installed through the app store do not start. The most strange thing is that all those apps has some strange strings appended in front of the original app names. By clicking...