Windows 10: Microsoft prepares new solution for troubled Windows 10 updates

Discus and support Microsoft prepares new solution for troubled Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Buggy Windows 10 update process isn’t quite a new thing, and users have been complaining about problems for a few years already. The major bugs could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 17, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft prepares new solution for troubled Windows 10 updates

Buggy Windows 10 update process isn’t quite a new thing, and users have been complaining about problems for a few years already. The major bugs could be reported again when the next feature update is released to the public, but Microsoft is mulling a new AI/ML strategy that could reduce disruption.

If you actively watch Windows 10 development, you may have noticed that Microsoft has changed update testing significantly in recent time.

Previously, the tech giant relied on a large group of testers to test Windows 10 feature updates on real hardware, but the tech giant has now shifted to machine learning-based testing.

Microsoft currently also relies on Windows Insider computer systems to test the new features before seeding them to the general public.

According to our sources, Microsoft is now considering a new AI/ML model to test popular drivers on more hardware, software, and driver combinations. This could significantly reduce Windows 10 update problems caused by new or existing drivers.

In addition, matching learning will also allow Microsoft to identify problems with drivers before rolling out features updates. This will be achieved by adding more hardware combinations to the machine learning and artificial intelligence-based test matric.

In other words, Microsoft will be testing the driver updates on more hardware and driver combinations to evaluate its quality ahead of the rollout of feature updates.

The machine learning model is trained on PCs with a different set of drivers, software, and hardware configurations to differentiate between good and poor experiences after a driver update.

Machine learning is already being used to determine the release quality, but Microsoft is planning to add more hardware/driver/software combinations to new driver test matric.

Based on the results from its ML/AI model and increased hardware combinations, Microsoft will highlight potential problems with Windows 10 drivers before shipping the features updates.

The post Microsoft prepares new solution for troubled Windows 10 updates appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 17, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Oct 17, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft claims I signed up for Windows 10...

Click to expand... This is my list of hidden updates:

Microsoft prepares new solution for troubled Windows 10 updates hidden-updates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Oct 17, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft claims I signed up for Windows 10...

Click to expand... Should have them all hidden *Big Grin Microsoft prepares new solution for troubled Windows 10 updates :D

P4-630, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft prepares new solution for troubled Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft prepares solution

2. The new Windows 10 update (probably?) causes a lot of trouble.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The new Windows 10 update (probably?) causes a lot of trouble.: I am not 100% sure how to explain my issue, so Ill just say what happened: After a while of not playing minecraft, I decided to play it yesterday. It crashed, and I though its a minecraft issue. it kept giving me errors about not enough memory even though I definetly have...
  3. Microsoft prepares to launch Windows 10 October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft prepares to launch Windows 10 October 2020 Update: The highly-anticipated Windows 10 October 2020 Update, which was supposed to arrive this week, is now expected to begin rolling out at some point in October Microsoft has already started preparing their servers to facilitate Media Creation Tool and other update services, but...
  4. Windows 10 20H2: Microsoft pushes out new patch to prepare PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H2: Microsoft pushes out new patch to prepare PCs: Ahead of the rollout of Windows 10 version 20H2 update, Microsoft has re-released KB4023057 to some devices in the production channel. KB4023057 is a reliability update that is re-issued regularly by Microsoft before the launch of a feature or major cumulative update. In...
  5. Are there user-friendly solutions to eliminate "Windows 10 trouble"?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Are there user-friendly solutions to eliminate "Windows 10 trouble"?: After long hesitation we decided to "upgrade" one of our two computers with Windows 7. Thanks to an experienced PC expert, our concern that expensive programs would no longer run under Windows 10 turned out to be unfounded. But now we have to conclude that the "upgrade" was...
  6. Microsoft is preparing new modular OS preview for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is preparing new modular OS preview for Windows 10: Lasy year, Microsoft announced a new version of its desktop operating system called ‘Windows 10X’ (pronounced like the letter X, and not numeral 10). Microsoft declared that Windows 10X was specifically intended for dual-screen devices like Surface Neo, but as we reported...
  7. Trouble removing Microsoft account on new PC - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble removing Microsoft account on new PC - Windows 10: Hello, I recently bought a new PC and when setting it up connected to WiFi so it made me finish the set up using my Microsoft account. I prefer to use a local account as I have several PCs and they're all used for different things so I don't want them syncing settings or...
  8. trouble updating new version 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trouble updating new version 10: I am running a Windows 10 pro on a hp Compaq 8000 elite SFF PC X64-based PC and every time I download the new version on 10 it makes it almost through and then says it can not finish. I have talked to Microsoft support and they said the bios needed to be updated. Talked to...
  9. Solution for Windows 10 1903 not receiving new updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Solution for Windows 10 1903 not receiving new updates: Hello, So I created my account here to ask for help but ended up finding the solution myself. After the 1903 update I wasn't getting any updates on Windows Update, not even clicking to manually search, actually I was only receiving Windows Defender updates, but nothing else,...
  10. Microsoft prepares to roll out new update options for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft prepares to roll out new update options for Windows 10: In the Creators Update, this spring's big Windows 10 release, Microsoft is adding some new knobs and levers for managing updates, including an option to delay feature updates by up to a year. Here's what you can expect. The single most common complaint I've heard about...