Windows 10: Microsoft prepares to launch Windows 10 October 2020 Update

Discus and support Microsoft prepares to launch Windows 10 October 2020 Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The highly-anticipated Windows 10 October 2020 Update, which was supposed to arrive this week, is now expected to begin rolling out at some point in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 16, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft prepares to launch Windows 10 October 2020 Update

The highly-anticipated Windows 10 October 2020 Update, which was supposed to arrive this week, is now expected to begin rolling out at some point in October

Microsoft has already started preparing their servers to facilitate Media Creation Tool and other update services, but for some reasons, Microsoft is not planning to launch the version 20H2 update this week.

Another hint that the Windows 10 version 20H2 update is ready for rollout has come via Microsoft support documentation. Ahead of October 2020 Update’s launch, Microsoft has published a new support doc that highlights the status of the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10.

Microsoft prepares to launch Windows 10 October 2020 Update Media-Feature-Pack.jpg

Apparently, Microsoft is not making any changes to media features in Windows 10 with October 2020 Update. These media features include media apps, such as Microsoft’s Skype, Groove Music, Voice Recorder, Films & TV, etc.

If you want to use other media-related technologies on Windows 10, such as Windows Media Player, simply head to the Settings > Optional features and enable them. All these features are still in working in Windows 10 version 20H2, also known as October 2020 Update.

Ultimately, these are signs that Microsoft wants to release Windows 10’s next feature update as soon as possible and we might see it in the coming days unless a new bug is discovered.

Remember that you may not receive the October 2020 Update this month if Microsoft believes your system is not ready.

In addition, another document revealed that older graphics drivers, which were designed for Windows 10 version 2004, will still work in the forthcoming 20H2 update. This is because both versions share the same core components and new features are simply enabled when you apply the enablement package.

In fact, Windows 10 version 2004 update, which was released in May, is still not available for everyone due to unknown reasons. Depending on your luck and computer configuration, you might receive the feature update in the coming weeks.

Microsoft will also publish fresh Media Creation Tool, Update Assistant, and media images later this month.

The post Microsoft prepares to launch Windows 10 October 2020 Update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 October 2020 update

Hi Clayton,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

October 2020 update is in the last phase of testing as it was released last month to the Release preview channel. As far as the name goes, it should release this month.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2020/...

Keep checking Home and the top of this forum for announcements.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 16, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Oct 16, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft claims I signed up for Windows 10...

Click to expand... This is my list of hidden updates:

Microsoft prepares to launch Windows 10 October 2020 Update hidden-updates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft prepares to launch Windows 10 October 2020 Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft prepares launch

2. Windows 10 October 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October 2020 update: Hey there ! Is windows 10 october update officially available? Where can I download the iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2020-update/e3fa5a2a-1191-459d-9184-1cf8d421f835
  3. Windows Update October 2020

Windows Update October 2020: After I downloaded the update , I restarted my laptop and when I went to settings again it shows that attention needed and after going to update and security it just shows please wait and shows nothing The screen shot of the following is provided below :-[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Windows 10 October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 October 2020 Update: I have heard that Microsoft has released an October a.k.a 20H2 Update. I have checked for updates many times in Settings. But, it is showing that Windows is up to date. Please help... My latest build no. is 19041.572. So, is the update already installed ?...
  5. Microsoft starts the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft starts the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2020 Update: Microsoft announced just a moment ago that it has released the Windows 10 October 2020 Update, also known as Windows 10 version 20H2, to the public. The update will roll out to devices running Windows 10 over time starting with devices that Microsoft believes are well set up...
  6. Windows October 2020 Update

Windows October 2020 Update: Running this updated deleted files on my D drive. How can I get them back!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-october-2020-update/08ad7556-4456-4735-9c13-ae31942e24fd
  7. Windows 10 October 2020 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 October 2020 update: Hi Theres rumors saying that Microsoft could release the October 2020 update in the next few days. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2020-update/021a779d-9d81-4cde-8170-d4ed6b1d9337
  8. Microsoft October 2020 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft October 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes October 2020 Security Updates Release Date: October 13, 2020 The October security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps Microsoft JET Database...
  9. Microsoft October 2020 Security Updates

Microsoft October 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes October 2020 Security Updates Release Date: October 13, 2020 The October security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps Microsoft JET Database Engine...
  10. Microsoft announces Windows 10 October 2020 Update (20H2)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces Windows 10 October 2020 Update (20H2): Windows 10’s next feature update will be called the “October 2020 Update”, and the stable build is now available to testers in Release Preview Channel of Windows Insider program. Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 10 October 2020 Update is a small update which focuses on...