Windows 10: Microsoft price mismatch in different countries

Discus and support Microsoft price mismatch in different countries in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am currently living in pakistan. The price of microsoft office is 250 $ but it is charging 300$ in Pakistan. What is the reason?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AbdulWasey1, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Microsoft price mismatch in different countries

I am currently living in pakistan. The price of microsoft office is 250 $ but it is charging 300$ in Pakistan. What is the reason?

:)

AbdulWasey1, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Elano7 Win User

Why are there different WIndows OS prices for different countries?

I would like to buy Windows 10 Home, and in the microsoft shop the price is 119$.

But for other countries the price is bigger.

For my country Bosnia it is 169$.

Why is there such a big difference between the prices?

What depends the price on?

It is a transaction between me and Microsoft so that I can not imagine if there are some domestic taxes.

Elano7, Jul 30, 2020
  3. v_realo Win User
    Why does Microsoft store show different price in my country ?

Hi YoussefG02,

I’m Rey, your Independent Advisor, and a Windows user, just like you.

I understand you were wondering why it's not the same price when you convert the prices for the item.

Basically, the Microsoft Store is not base on the calculation/conversion of the price. Rather, this will depend on the site location. Each country will have different prices, and they don't base it only in the US, rather, it is base on the country's site.

That is why if you convert it into another currency, this will not give you the correct amount for another country.

I hope that explains this issue.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

v_realo, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Microsoft price mismatch in different countries

Price of Windows 10 in different countries

Hi, I have a question. Shouldn't the price of windows 10 pro the same in every country?

AtanasPelov, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft price mismatch in different countries

1. Microsoft price mismatch in different countries - Similar Threads - Microsoft price mismatch

2. Connecting to wifi in different country

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to wifi in different country: My daughter traveled to France from US and her windows 10 laptop won't connect to her apt. wifi. She puts in password and then it says cannot connect. Her roommates MacBook connected with no issues. Is there something she has to change in her settings?...
  3. mismatched Microsoft accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    mismatched Microsoft accounts: I bought a new laptop yesterday and i accidentally logged myself in somehow using an old Microsoft account instead with the one i use these days. I am unable of logging into my laptop nor to that old account. Could you somehow reset that account for me? it should be connected...
  4. Microsoft Ip address in different country

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Ip address in different country: Hi,When i go to command prompt and put netstat -ano to see established Foreign IP addresses, I noticed apart from Microsoft Canada and US ip addresses, there was Microsoft India’s Ip address 104.211.96.15 and Microsoft Korea’s IP address 20.190.4.251it is very concerning...
  5. Price/cost difference

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Price/cost difference: Hello and Happy New Year to anybody, I would like to know why if I buy Microsoft 365 Personal from Microsoft, I pay $69.99/year, and if I buy it on the Internet from a non-Microsoft vendor, I only pay $34.95 One Time Purchase with No Subscription required ?, and the same...
  6. Microsoft Website and Microsoft Store Price Difference

Microsoft Website and Microsoft Store Price Difference: I noticed that there is a difference between the prices of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations from Microsoft Store and Microsoft Website. I like to know the details why and if it is more advisable from purchasing from Microsoft Store or Microsoft Website. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Difference between made in difference country.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Difference between made in difference country.: I want to know what is the difference between made in the USA vs. made in Vietnam windows 10 pro original. is there any difference in the specification or something else?...
  8. Why does Microsoft store show different price in my country ?

Why does Microsoft store show different price in my country ?: Hello, I was going to buy a game called "Minecraft dungeons hero edition" in Minecraft website it says 30$ and when I go to microsoft store with USA region it says 30$ like the site cool, but when I change the region to my country Egypt it says 265 EGP [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. So many different prices!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So many different prices!: I've "Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit" which cost around £90. Then I've suddenly noticed so many different prices ranging from £5-100+, have I been a sucker and bought something that should've been cheaper? (I'm new to this subreddit) submitted by /u/Skrooby1 [link]...
  10. Calendar holidays for different countries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar holidays for different countries: I changed my location to US so I can use Cortana but now when I open calendar app I see only US Holidays and not for my country where I live. Is there any hidden option or way to customize calendar to show holidays for any country ? 14357