Windows 10: Microsoft print to PDF changes document content

Discus and support Microsoft print to PDF changes document content in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello All, A user has reported that printing from a software and using Microsoft Print to PDF, caused content that displayed correctly on screen to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EricEvolving, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Microsoft print to PDF changes document content

Hello All,

A user has reported that printing from a software and using Microsoft Print to PDF, caused content that displayed correctly on screen to change, see examples below:

Example 1: 287 was changed 207

Example 2: Page number 18 on screen got changed to 10

Example 3: % of revenue was changed to +#&4#%!"!56!

Has anyone seen anything similar and/or have a workaround/fix for this issue?

:)

EricEvolving, Dec 7, 2020
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Microsoft "Print to PDF" prints out Garbage

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Microsoft Print to PDF, we just have a few questions for you:

• What are the documents that you're trying to save as a PDF file?
    • Can you provide us a step-by-step screenshot of how you print your documents as PDF?

Erika Aro, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Microsoft print to PDF changes document content

Microsoft Print to PDF mixes up JPGs.

Hi Anita,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you select small bunch of images and try to print?
    • Is the issue specific to the Microsoft Print to PDF?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Create a new folder and copy the images you want in PDF.
    • Sort the images as you want. (It always copies as per the sorted time/date)
    • Set the images in Order/Sequence as you want it to be set in PDF.
    • Select all and Print it to PDF.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft print to PDF changes document content

1. Microsoft print to PDF changes document content - Similar Threads - Microsoft print PDF

2. Microsoft Print to PDF Paper Available Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF Paper Available Change: Can anyone please explain to me how to change this Paper Available to A4 instead of Letter.View Picture below. Before you guys mention change it in preferences it has been updated to A4 there but the paper available doesn't change no matter what i change the output to.Any...
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF Paper Available Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print to PDF Paper Available Change: Can anyone please explain to me how to change this Paper Available to A4 instead of Letter.View Picture below. Before you guys mention change it in preferences it has been updated to A4 there but the paper available doesn't change no matter what i change the output to.Any...
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF Paper Available Change

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Printing PDF Document - Scale Percent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing PDF Document - Scale Percent: Trying to print a PDF document. The "scale percent" box has changed permanently from 100% to 97%. How do I change this back to 100% permanently? This is only an issue when printing a PDF from a saved file - printing any Microsoft Office document works fine....
  6. i can not print a document in PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    i can not print a document in PDF: I have been trying to Print my PDF file. I can not do it. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-print-a-document-in-pdf/f61248e3-31b7-4a98-b37a-7b45c9bfb6f4
  7. Printing to PDF from scanned document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing to PDF from scanned document: I have Office 365 and I can print to my Canon printer. I have a printer listed as ABS PDF Driver v400, which I am assuming will print the file to a PDF. When I print to it, it gives me an error "Printer not activated code - 30" Could someone help or give me a suggesting so...
  8. Printing/not saving PDF documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing/not saving PDF documents: I don't know what changed on my computer, but I can no longer just print PDF documents. It makes me save them first. I can't figure out how to correct this. Help!...
  9. Problem printing to PDF and saving PDF documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem printing to PDF and saving PDF documents: I am experiencing problems with Win 10 TP to save any office document to a PDF format and also to print them to PDF document using virtual printers like Nitro PDF and PDF Creator. Any solutions to this issue? 3523
  10. Microsoft Print to PDF changed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Print to PDF changed?: I used to select combine multiple JPEG files into single PDF file using Microsoft Print to PDF but it no longer seems to be working. What I normally did was selecting multiple files, then right-click > Microsoft Print to PDF. After doing that, a WIndow would open up with the...