Windows 10: Microsoft print to pdf drivers are gone suddenly, after updating firmware Epson printer

Discus and support Microsoft print to pdf drivers are gone suddenly, after updating firmware Epson printer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Epson xp440 printer told me to update firmware. So I did. Then I noticed I could no longer print to pdf in my Quickbooks program. Then I noticed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tracy Brock, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Microsoft print to pdf drivers are gone suddenly, after updating firmware Epson printer

My Epson xp440 printer told me to update firmware. So I did. Then I noticed I could no longer print to pdf in my Quickbooks program. Then I noticed the Print to Pdf was gone from my printers list.I read advise to uncheck the box Print to PDF in Windows Features. So I did. Now, my system will not allow me to re-check the Print To PDF box- like , i literally cannot check it.So now, I have no drivers or printers for Print To PDF.I absolutely cannot handle reinstalling windows.Any advise?

:)

Tracy Brock, Aug 13, 2022
  2. TonyG53 Win User

Epson printer issues with PDF files.

Since doing an update from Epson, I'm unable to print PDF files with my Epson XP-640 printer. No problem printing Word files. Any suggestions?

TonyG53, Aug 13, 2022
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 13, 2022
  4. Microsoft print to pdf drivers are gone suddenly, after updating firmware Epson printer

Microsoft Print To PDF Printer Doesn't Work Suddenly

Hi Vijay,

Please see the results in Italic fonts with underline after I tried some of the following methods:-

*****************************************************************************

Incorrectly configured settings, PDF file name issue, default printer issue, outdated application, and outdated Windows operating system. To fix your concern, follow the methods below.

Method 1: Check Windows for any updates.- In fact, I could not update Windows successfully. Windows 7 had been automatically updated to 10 and followed by other problems.

Check Windows for any updates by following the steps on this link.

Method 2: Re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF. I disable the feature, restart computer, but I could not check it again. I then recovered the PC.

1. Type Control Panel in Search.
    2. Choose Programs.
    3. Select Programs and Features.
    4. Click Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Look for Microsoft Print to PDF and uncheck the box beside it.
    6. Click OK.
    7. Restart your computer.
    8. Type Control Panel in Search.
    9. Choose Programs.
    10. Select Programs and Features.
    11. Look for Microsoft Print to PDF and check the box beside it.
    12. Click OK.

Method 3: Make sure that there are no commas in the PDF File Name.
    Ok. What should be done then?

If the PDF file name includes commas or any special notations, it will be created to 0 Bytes size and you won’t be able to find it
    in the saving folder. This is the reason why Microsoft Print to PDF not working.

Method 4: Set the Microsoft Print to PDF as the Default Printer.
    set as default printer but whenever I print, error message appears and PDF file cannot be created.

2. Choose Hardware and Sound.
    3. Select Devices and Printers.
    4. Right-click on Microsoft Print to PDF.
    5. Select Set as default printer.

Method 5: Change the Output Directory for PDF files.
    I cannot use Microsoft Print To PDF function so is its Output Directory for PDF files.

There are times that an issue with the default browsers affects the Microsoft Print to PDF function. No notification or PDF reader opening when printing files to PDF but the output goes directly to the root of C:\Users\%username%\%internetDocName%site%.pdf.
    Use a different browser to choose or change the output folder.

Method 6: Update the Microsoft Print to PDF driver.
    I couldn't update its driver with error message "the driver is not digitally signed". When I add printer driver using wizard, error Ünable to install Microsoft Print To PDF, Type 4 - User Mode, x64 driver. The configuration registry database is corrupt."appears.
    But I have been using "Microsoft print to PDF"many months.

2. Choose Hardware and Sound.
    3. Select Devices and Printers.
    4. Right-click on Microsoft Print to PDF.
    5. Select Remove device.
    6. Click Yes.
    7. Right-click on the blank area on the Devices and Printers window.
    8. Select Add devices and printers.
    9. Choose The printer that I want isn’t listed.
    10. Select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.
    11. Click Next.
    12. Under the Use an existing port, select
      PORTPROMPT: (Local Port)
    13. Select Microsoft as the Manufacturer.
    14. Select Microsoft Print to PDF.
    15. Choose Replace the current driver.
    16. Hit Next.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

If you think this was useful, you may "Mark it as an Answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Thanks for your response. Just not sure why it does not work suddenly.

pettigrain, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft print to pdf drivers are gone suddenly, after updating firmware Epson printer

1. Microsoft print to pdf drivers are gone suddenly, after updating firmware Epson printer - Similar Threads - Microsoft print pdf

2. Microsoft print to pdf drivers are gone suddenly, after updating firmware Epson printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft print to pdf drivers are gone suddenly, after updating firmware Epson printer: My Epson xp440 printer told me to update firmware. So I did. Then I noticed I could no longer print to pdf in my Quickbooks program. Then I noticed the Print to Pdf was gone from my printers list.I read advise to uncheck the box Print to PDF in Windows Features. So I did....
  3. Microsoft print to pdf drivers are gone suddenly, after updating firmware Epson printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft print to pdf drivers are gone suddenly, after updating firmware Epson printer: My Epson xp440 printer told me to update firmware. So I did. Then I noticed I could no longer print to pdf in my Quickbooks program. Then I noticed the Print to Pdf was gone from my printers list.I read advise to uncheck the box Print to PDF in Windows Features. So I did....
  4. Microsoft Print To PDF driver

Microsoft Print To PDF driver: My software uses the Microsoft Print to PDF driver. When I install my software I want to check if the Print To PDF driver is available, and if not, install it silently. Any ideas?...
  5. Microsoft PDF to Print Drivers

Microsoft PDF to Print Drivers: Can someone please help me find a way to get the Microsoft PDF to Print Drivers? I have been looking for them and I am not able to find them. I ran Windows Update and I still do not have the drivers. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. Microsoft Print to PDF driver

Microsoft Print to PDF driver: I am trying to reinstall Microsoft Print to PDF but is doesn't appear in the list of drivers. How can I obtain the driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-driver/bbbcab8b-47e2-4474-9e33-c1ec2a6e9662
  7. Microsoft Print to PDF is gone

Microsoft Print to PDF is gone: Microsoft Print to PDF stopped working on my computer, so I started following advice to uninstall and reinstall the printer to see if that would get it to work. After uninstalling Microsoft Print to PDF, I went to add it back on, but it didn't show up on the list. I went...
  8. Microsoft Print To PDF Printer Doesn't Work Suddenly

Microsoft Print To PDF Printer Doesn't Work Suddenly: I'd been using "Microsoft Print To PDF" printer for a while until mid-April 2019 when it didn't work any more. It seems like some drivers have been deleted and it cannot be reinstalled. I used Windows 7 but it was automatically updated to Windows 10. I used it very often...
  9. print problems after installing Epson printer.

print problems after installing Epson printer.: Does anybody have any idea why when I try to print after installing an Epson stylus PHOTO RX640 on my laptop it keeps going into a save as file mode and will not let me print....
  10. epson xp 800 printer print driver unavailable

epson xp 800 printer print driver unavailable: All of a sudden my computer won't recognize my printer. It shows its connected to network and is working but printer driver unavailable. I have checked and have the most updated windows and printer updates. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing works....