Windows 10: Microsoft Print to PDF File Date

Discus and support Microsoft Print to PDF File Date in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the start of the new year, any time that I utilize the Microsoft Print to PDF printer option that can be located on my Windows 10 desktop, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Charl3sW, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Charl3sW Win User

Microsoft Print to PDF File Date

Since the start of the new year, any time that I utilize the Microsoft Print to PDF printer option that can be located on my Windows 10 desktop, the time that the PDF is produced shows 1/1/2000 with whatever time after 00:00 AM based upon the first time the process is used on the computer. I'd assume this is some sort of glitch in the hardware that was caused when we went from 2019 to 2020, but this is simply an assumption as I don't know enough about how computers work on a technical level to confirm this to be so. Regardless, how do I fix it so that the printer will accurately show the date and time that a file has been produced when using the Microsoft Print to PDF function?

To give a little more information: The date and time on the computer is correct, and all other file creation processes such saving docs via office, or downloading pdfs from an email or website produce the accurate date and time when saved. I have only noticed this with the "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer function via Windows 10.

:)

Charl3sW, Jan 10, 2020

2. Microsoft Print to PDF mixes up JPGs.

Hi Anita,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you select small bunch of images and try to print?
    • Is the issue specific to the Microsoft Print to PDF?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Create a new folder and copy the images you want in PDF.
    • Sort the images as you want. (It always copies as per the sorted time/date)
    • Set the images in Order/Sequence as you want it to be set in PDF.
    • Select all and Print it to PDF.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Microsoft "Print to PDF" prints out Garbage

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Microsoft Print to PDF, we just have a few questions for you:

• What are the documents that you're trying to save as a PDF file?
    • Can you provide us a step-by-step screenshot of how you print your documents as PDF?

Erika Aro, Jan 10, 2020
  4. MB NH Win User

Occasionally "Microsoft print to pdf" creates empty files

Have already done all of the steps suggested in that link.
    The problem only happens occasionally; maybe two or three times a day.
    Happening on several PC's, the only way to catch it before it goes to customers is the size of the file created.
    If it is 0 or 1kb, it's a blank document.
    Microsoft Print to pdf was working fine until about two weeks ago.
    Thank You

MB NH, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Print to PDF File Date - Similar Threads - Microsoft Print PDF

2. MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File: I raise purchase orders in MYOB i then use the Microsoft Print to PDF output to create a PDF which i then email to my SupplierHe cannot copy and paste the details from this file , I cannot alsoYour assitance would be gretaly appreciated...
  3. MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File: I raise purchase orders in MYOB i then use the Microsoft Print to PDF output to create a PDF which i then email to my SupplierHe cannot copy and paste the details from this file , I cannot alsoYour assitance would be gretaly appreciated...
  4. MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft print to PDF

Microsoft print to PDF: When I print from SAP to a PDF printer in windows 10, it does not give an option to choose a destination folder. Is there any way I can get this option?Thanks in advance....
  6. Microsoft Print to PDF

Microsoft Print to PDF: The "Microsoft Print to PDF" shows as an available printer but doesn't work. The program is not listed as a Microsoft product when I search to restore it. Is it no longer supported for Windows 10? Why would it stop working?...
  7. Will not print PDF files

Will not print PDF files: I can display the file, but cannot print attached PDF files that I am getting sent. So I have to use "Print display page" which is a god awfully slow process. I thought PDF files were universally accepted format. Do you know why it hangs up ? It just sits there, does...
  8. Microsoft print to pdf

Microsoft print to pdf: When I select the printer Microsoft Print to PDF, I want to be prompted for a file name and location to save it. I am thinking it has to be tied to a port "prompting" it, but the only port I see similar on my machine is tied to Microsoft XPS Document Writer. How can I set the...
  9. PDF print files

PDF print files: What inexpensive or free app or download is recommended to print to pdf large or custom paper sizes such as ArchD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-print-files/ba3eb7df-2b84-401a-ab03-cc8ae2dcd5f7
  10. Microsoft Print to PDF

Microsoft Print to PDF: Is there any way to get this app to print Headers and Fo0ters by default? I been through the settings and I can't see it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf/242f5636-8e0b-47fd-a4e2-326690cdbf49