Windows 10: Microsoft Print to PDF Files Don't Allow Copy Text

Discus and support Microsoft Print to PDF Files Don't Allow Copy Text in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, PDF files I currently make using print driver Microsoft Print to PDF don't allow copying text. Only shows an arrow, not the cursor to select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SoftDev4Years, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Microsoft Print to PDF Files Don't Allow Copy Text

Hello,

PDF files I currently make using print driver Microsoft Print to PDF don't allow copying text. Only shows an arrow, not the cursor to select text. This started happening in June of this year as I have many pdf's created with this method and files from May 2020 are fine and those in June 2020 aren't. Only noticed it today though.

I can make the same pdf's using PDFCreator printer and those are fine.

I'm printing emails or items from other sites while in Msoft Edge that have problems. Using Firefox the pdf's are fine. I'd then guess it may be an EDGE problem during the creation of the file.

It's not an Acrobat security problem and the sandbox option is unchecked. If I open the pdf in Edge, still can't select text.

I have the latest version of Edge Version 87.0.664.66 Official build 64-bit and latest updates for Windows 10.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

SoftDev4Years, Dec 22, 2020
  2. hfrmobile Win User

Microsoft Print to PDF: Can't copy text

When creating PDF files using "Microsoft Print to PDF" I can't copy text from that PDF file even the security setting is: "Content Copying: Allowed".

Just get ????????? instead ...

hfrmobile, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF: Can't copy text

Have you tried opening a .pdf file in a browser ?

I have no trouble copying .pdf text that way.

Microsoft Print to PDF Files Don't Allow Copy Text 95761d08-c29c-409b-b19b-d1a9f4af24ac?upload=true.jpg

DavidBaileyyz, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF Files Don't Allow Copy Text

Microsoft Print to PDF: oversized, un-copy-able text and other issues

Hello,

I've tried to use the Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10 but encounter 2 main issues:

• I cannot copy any text from the PDF document
    • PDF document seems oversized file

I saw already many subjects/complaints about these issues for years, but all have been closed by Microsoft without solution...

Is there any way to make Microsoft Print to PDF perform like other PDF printer tools?

Regards,

Gauthier

Gauthier BE, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Print to PDF Files Don't Allow Copy Text

1. Microsoft Print to PDF Files Don't Allow Copy Text - Similar Threads - Microsoft Print PDF

2. Save file PDF by Chrome"Save as PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't edit...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save file PDF by Chrome"Save as PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't edit...: When I print a page with "Save as PDF", it will create a file PDF and I can edit text with "Foxit PhantomPDF". But when I print with "Microsoft Print to PDF", The newly created file can't edit the text. Can anyone explain?...
  3. Save file PDF by Chrome"Save as PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't edit...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save file PDF by Chrome"Save as PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't edit...: When I print a page with "Save as PDF", it will create a file PDF and I can edit text with "Foxit PhantomPDF". But when I print with "Microsoft Print to PDF", The newly created file can't edit the text. Can anyone explain?...
  4. Save file PDF by Chrome"Save as PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't edit...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...: When I print a page with "Print to PDF", it will create a file PDF and I can edit text with "Foxit PhantomPDF". But when I print with "Microsoft Print to PDF", The newly created file can't edit the text. Can anyone explain?...
  6. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...: When I print a page with "Print to PDF", it will create a file PDF and I can edit text with "Foxit PhantomPDF". But when I print with "Microsoft Print to PDF", The newly created file can't edit the text. Can anyone explain?...
  7. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

8. Print to PDF, selected text is blank

Print to PDF, selected text is blank: 1st I'll apologize that this is long and for placing in the wrong forum location. I have researched and tried quite a few potential solutions that I'll try to include. TL/DR: On a website, if there is a popup window, printing to PDF shows blank information for the selected...
  9. Microsoft Print to PDF: oversized, un-copy-able text and other issues

Microsoft Print to PDF: oversized, un-copy-able text and other issues: Hello, I've tried to use the Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10 but encounter 2 main issues: I cannot copy any text from the PDF document PDF document seems oversized file I saw already many subjects/complaints about these issues for years, but all have been closed...
  10. Microsoft Print to PDF File Date

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Print to PDF File Date: Since the start of the new year, any time that I utilize the Microsoft Print to PDF printer option that can be located on my Windows 10 desktop, the time that the PDF is produced shows 1/1/2000 with whatever time after 00:00 AM based upon the first time the process is used on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pdf printer can not copy text