Windows 10: Microsoft print to pdf has disappeared from printer list

Discus and support Microsoft print to pdf has disappeared from printer list in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ...its disappeared and does not show in the list of printers when 'adding a local printer et' local port, use existing port: PORTPROMPT:, Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ken.hankanen, May 9, 2021.

1. Microsoft print to pdf has disappeared from printer list

...its disappeared and does not show in the list of printers when 'adding a local printer et' local port, use existing port: PORTPROMPT:, Microsoft shows up in the Manufacturers list but not in the 'Printers' list. From what i understand there should be a 'Microsoft print to PDF' printer but there is not. If I were to do the 'Turn windows features on or off' I turned if off, rebooted, then tried to turn in on [tick the box] and I get an error 'Windows couldn't complete the requested change. Error code 0X800F0922.Im at a loss now.Any help please.....regards, Ken

:)

ken.hankanen, May 9, 2021

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, May 9, 2021
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, May 9, 2021
  4. grahaml1 Win User

Microsoft print to pdf has disappeared from printer list

Microsoft Print to pdf

I use Sibelius Software and recently the Microsoft Print to pdf hasn't been working properly. In looking for a solution it was suggested that I remove it from the computer and reinstall the driver etc. It looked easy to do. I followed the steps as told (way
    4)

[Solved] Microsoft Print to PDF Not Working on Windows 10 - Driver Easy

But when I started the process of reinstalling it in 'add devices and printers' and came to the bit about chosing a device I wasn't offered 'The printer that I want isn't listed' option, but instead it said 'can't find what you're looking for' and when I
    pressed that link it took me to a Microsoft page about Bluetooth. I'm not sure how to get round this?

How can I reinstall the pdf printer?

Thanks!

grahaml1, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft print to pdf has disappeared from printer list

1. Microsoft print to pdf has disappeared from printer list - Similar Threads - Microsoft print pdf

2. Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF": Hi guys,i got few issue to install the print "Microsoft print to PDF"When i try to install manually the printer, in the list of driver of microsoft the driver for "Print to PDF" is missing.I disable the feature print to PDF/restart the PC and enable the feature again and...
  3. Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF": Hi guys,i got few issue to install the print "Microsoft print to PDF"When i try to install manually the printer, in the list of driver of microsoft the driver for "Print to PDF" is missing.I disable the feature print to PDF/restart the PC and enable the feature again and...
  4. Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer"

microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer": microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer", it's grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-cannot-select-print/dd76e585-e8d5-41ae-836a-160aa4bfd0d8
  6. Problem with Microsoft's "Print to PDF" virtual printer.

Problem with Microsoft's "Print to PDF" virtual printer.: I can't create a coloured PDF using Microsoft's "Print to PDF". Creating a .pdf file, by using the Microsoft "Print to PDF", creates Black and White PDFs and not Coloured. Creating a .pdf file from the same as above original file, using another virtual printer i.e. Bullzip...
  7. Can't reinstall the driver for Microsoft Print to PDF because it is missing from the list

Can't reinstall the driver for Microsoft Print to PDF because it is missing from the list: I have been told to try to correct a problem I'm having with the Microsoft Print to PDF feature by reinstalling the driver, but I can't follow the given instructions, because it isn't in the list! All the instructions I've been given or seen say to click on add a printer,...
  8. Printing PDF files from outlook, Printer not installed

Printing PDF files from outlook, Printer not installed: Hi. When I try to print off work orders sent in Outlook as PDF I get "The selected printer is not available or not installed correctly. Please check your printer or choose another one." The printer is fine and will print off any other program in the computer. If I save the...
  9. Microsoft Print To PDF Printer Doesn't Work Suddenly

Microsoft Print To PDF Printer Doesn't Work Suddenly: I'd been using "Microsoft Print To PDF" printer for a while until mid-April 2019 when it didn't work any more. It seems like some drivers have been deleted and it cannot be reinstalled. I used Windows 7 but it was automatically updated to Windows 10. I used it very often...
  10. Printer list disappears and there are none listed when selecting print for word or other...

Printer list disappears and there are none listed when selecting print for word or other...: Almost every time in windows 10 (I'm using Surface pro computer) I will go to print a document, the system hangs because it cannot find a printer. I then have to cancel the print, 'trouble shoot' printers and then the list appears, and I can continue, Why is the list of...