Windows 10: Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait

Discus and support Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm attempting to print a report in a Windows 10 environment using the Microsoft Print To PDF option in the Print Dialog. There seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul Green (paul.green), Mar 13, 2019.

1. Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait

Hi, I'm attempting to print a report in a Windows 10 environment using the Microsoft Print To PDF option in the Print Dialog. There seems to be something rotating the page prior to viewing. I confirmed this by actually printing out the pdf file that was generated. It displays the data in portrait mode, but the actual print out is in landscape.

I went back to the "Print\General" dialog and selected Microsoft Print To PDF. I confirmed the "OK" button became enabled at this point. I then selected "Preferences" and changed the "Orientation" combo box from Portrait to Landscape. The preview changed at this point to reflect landscape. I then selected "Advanced" and viewed the Paper/Output and Copy County options. Paper Size was set to "Letter" and Count was set to 1 Copy. I selected OK and confirmed the orientation in the preview hadn't changed. It was still showing Landscape. I then selected OK. Microsoft Print To PDF was still selected. There were no other relevant configuration choices, just Report Range, Paper Range and Project Options. I review these anyway, but could not find anything related to paper orientation.

At this point I selected OK and was prompted for a location and name for the output. I provided this (noting the name and location). When printing completed, I opened the correct file in the correct location using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. The two pages of my report were both in Portrait.

At this point, I went to File\Print. I noticed the Orientation in the Print Dialog was set to Auto Portrait/landscape. I changed nothing in this screen, and selected Print. I did notice that the preview screen showed the page in landscape mode already though.

When the report printed out, it was in the correct orientation, landscape.

I went a step further and took a Word document created in Office 365 online. and changed it's orientation to landscape and printed it out using the Microsoft Print To PDF. This seemed to display correctly in landscape mode.

:)

Paul Green (paul.green), Mar 13, 2019

2. Print to PDF Problem when printing web pages

Here is a screenshot of the Yahoo log in page printed as PDF. Here is what I did though, I changed the orientation before printing from portrait to landscape. Produced a single page and nothing cut off.

Imgur

Andre Da Costa, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Problem with page orientation with downloaded pages in their fplder

• Have you tried printing from any Office apps (e.g. Word), and see if it does the same thing.

• "No. This only happens with some of the pages in the download folder in question. Out of, about 50 files it, currently, affects about 20. No other office apps (or any other) exhibits this problem"
    • For us to be in the same page, how do you print the files out? This would help us also to replicate the issue.
    The issue is not in the printing. It seems to be in the saving. The, would be single page somehow saves as 2 pages. It appears to be related to
    page orientation. I cannot figure out how to alter the palge orientation of the affected pages. I have tried to change the orientation in Edge and Adobe (they are saved as .pdf's), but can't find that option.

Thank you

(AlanSmithee), Mar 13, 2019
  4. Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait

Microsoft Print to PDF - custom paper sizes possible?

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click Print, A print window spreads up. Click
      Print as PDF button. A drop down opens up. Choose Add a Printer.
    • As soon as you click Add a printer a settings window uncovers where you can see
      Searching for Printer and Scanner. If you have added a printer the settings window displays it after a while unless add the printer cable to your PC port and click
      Refresh.
    • Return Back to the Print window and click on Print
      button.
    • You see various tools of customization here like orientation, pages, etc. Do the changes as required. You can practice with changing the print settings on your own choice.
    • Portrait and Landscape are to choose whether you want to take the print in vertical or horizontal orientation.
    • Pages option lets you choose the numbers of pages you want to print at one time.
    • Scale facilitates to set the size of the page.
    • Margins allow to scale the distance of pages from the edge of the window.
    • And finally, you can set to put on or off the
      header and footer
      to have in the printout you are getting.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait

1. Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait - Similar Threads - Microsoft Print PDF

2. Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?: This problem only started a day or so now, but when using google chrome, and printing a Spreadsheet to PDF, when i press print, my previews and everything in chrome is showing the correct landscape orientation. When I actually save the file and then open it, the pages are...
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?: This problem only started a day or so now, but when using google chrome, and printing a Spreadsheet to PDF, when i press print, my previews and everything in chrome is showing the correct landscape orientation. When I actually save the file and then open it, the pages are...
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Print to PDF saves the PDF files in landscape orientation

Microsoft Print to PDF saves the PDF files in landscape orientation: When selecting multiple images to put together into a pdf in file explorer, I select print, select Microsoft print to pdf, then the image preview is rotated 90 degrees to a landscape orientation. An image, or scan that was in portrait orientation, is printed to a 90 degree...
  6. When Printing to Microsoft Print to PDF the Page prints a Black Page

When Printing to Microsoft Print to PDF the Page prints a Black Page: After installing KB5003173 I try to print to any installed printer from a non-Microsoft Application i get a Black Page. If i uninstall KB5003173 this problem goes away. I am running Windows 10 Pro, Ver 20H2 Build 19042.985This problem occurs on other computers that have the...
  7. How change Print Orientation default to Portrait and how invert colors

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How change Print Orientation default to Portrait and how invert colors: Two questions of Snip & Sketch: Win10 Home build 19042 1. How change the default printer Orientation from Landscape to Portrait 2. Some times if I am printing something with a lot of black, I like to invert the colors. How do I do that? 178454
  8. Print to PDF - Various page orientations

Print to PDF - Various page orientations: When I print a document with various page orientations they all come out portrait or landscape. In the Print to PDF - Properties tab, Printing Preferences the only options I have are Portrait or Landscape or in Advance to change the paper size. There is no autorotate tick box...
  9. Portrait Orientation Hack?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Portrait Orientation Hack?: Hey guys! I'm on a dual screen set up with both monitors being ultrawide (productivity babyyyyyy). But on my second monitor that is in portrait to save desk space, I'm always having to drag windows around to fix the bottom or top half of the screen. I want to know if there...
  10. RAW Files-Portrait Orientation shown in Landscape Orientation with no rotation option.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RAW Files-Portrait Orientation shown in Landscape Orientation with no rotation option.: I have seen this question over and over again with no real answer provided. For RAW files (not jpegs) pictures taken in the portrait orientation are showing up in the landscape orientation in the windows photo viewer. In the past you could just highlight these photos,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft print to pdf orientation

2. microsoft print to pdf is printing portrait and not landscape

3. microsoft print to pdf portrait and landscape

4. landscape microsoft print to pdf,
  5. how to get word to print potrait and landscape,
  6. microsoft print to pdf change page orientation,
  7. print to pdf portrait,
  8. pdf printing landscape orientation options,
  9. PRINT TO PDF CHANGES THE PAGE ORINTATIOMN,
  10. pdf reverst to portrait even with landscape set,
  11. microsoft print to pdf potrait