Windows 10: Microsoft Print to PDF unable to work

Discus and support Microsoft Print to PDF unable to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Microsoft Print to PDF is not working on my Windows 10 machine. When it prompts for filename, it will prompt twice, and the output file is 0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YeangE, Jan 19, 2021.

1. YeangE Win User

Microsoft Print to PDF unable to work

Hi all,

Microsoft Print to PDF is not working on my Windows 10 machine. When it prompts for filename, it will prompt twice, and the output file is 0 bytes.

I have tried all methods which I found online, which includes:

1 Remove the printer, reboot, reinstall printer.

2 Uncheck the Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows Features, reboot, check the box again.

3 There is no comma or any special characters in filename or folder name.

4 I have removed all other printers.

5 Set Microsoft Print to PDF as default.

Nothing works.

I believe the uninstalling and installing of the printer, I suspect something could be corrupted. Is there any other way to fix this?

Thanks in advance

YE.

:)

YeangE, Jan 19, 2021

2. unable to select Microsoft Print to PDF, as the driver is not available

I have been unable to install/repair Microsoft Print to PDF. After working my way through several online suggestions, including:

SFC scan, DISM scan, making sure .NET framework was enabled, using the windows 10 update troubleshooter and resetting the windows update components I was finally able to activate Microsoft Print to PDF within the "Turn Windows features on and off" only after
    I turned off the print spooler. Then and only then was I able to select the Microsoft Print to PDF in the windows features and then have it successfully load.

The problem now is that if I go into add device and then select printer not listed and try to add a new local printer, if I select Microsoft as the printer, the option of Print to PDF is not listed. In other words, the driver for Microsoft Print
    to PDF is not listed as an option
    . Any help on how to reinstall/repair this?

thanks,

AmosDeinard, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Microsoft "Print to PDF" prints out Garbage

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Microsoft Print to PDF, we just have a few questions for you:

• What are the documents that you're trying to save as a PDF file?
    • Can you provide us a step-by-step screenshot of how you print your documents as PDF?

Erika Aro, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF unable to work

Microsoft Print to PDF mixes up JPGs.

Hi Anita,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you select small bunch of images and try to print?
    • Is the issue specific to the Microsoft Print to PDF?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Create a new folder and copy the images you want in PDF.
    • Sort the images as you want. (It always copies as per the sorted time/date)
    • Set the images in Order/Sequence as you want it to be set in PDF.
    • Select all and Print it to PDF.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Print to PDF unable to work

1. Microsoft Print to PDF unable to work - Similar Threads - Microsoft Print PDF

2. MicroSoft Print to PDF stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MicroSoft Print to PDF stopped working: I have been using Microsoft Print to PDF for years to print parts of web pages, etc. Suddenly it has a problem. When I do what I have always done I get an error message " print preview error" and "an error occurred while printing". Then when I look at the folder where this...
  3. MicroSoft Print to PDF stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MicroSoft Print to PDF stopped working: I have been using Microsoft Print to PDF for years to print parts of web pages, etc. Suddenly it has a problem. When I do what I have always done I get an error message " print preview error" and "an error occurred while printing". Then when I look at the folder where this...
  4. MicroSoft Print to PDF stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working: "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not workingWhen I select "microsoft print to pdf" or "save as pdf" from various applications, that application hangs up and has to be aborted....
  6. "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working: "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not workingWhen I select "microsoft print to pdf" or "save as pdf" from various applications, that application hangs up and has to be aborted....
  7. "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to print PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to print PDF file: I have received an error 800F0922 when trying to print PDF file using print-to-PDF feature. I tried to reinstall this feature but failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-print-pdf-file/1a6b754f-889d-4cba-9493-06a5b99d2682
  9. Unable to print PDF file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to print PDF file: I have received an error 800F0922 when trying to print PDF file using print-to-PDF feature. I tried to reinstall this feature but failed. Suggest a way to fix this......
  10. Unable to print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print to PDF: Hi Everyone, i updated my laptop to Windows 10 and I have been unable to print to PDF. I have tried using Adobe Acrobat, Cute PDF Writer, and PDFlite. All of them have an error which varies per application, however they all generally say they are unable to print. For...