Windows 10: Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

Discus and support Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have created a presentation in Open Office, and want to create a PDF of handouts. I create a PDF via print to printer "Microsoft Print to PDF".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Barry S. Finkel, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

I have created a presentation in Open Office, and want to create a PDF of handouts. I create a PDF via print to printer "Microsoft Print to PDF". That creates a PDF file. The problem I have is this - when I open the PDF in Acrobat Reader and then try to print a copy, Acrobat Reader does not let me select duplex mode. The only option I get from Acrobat Reader is to select Portrait or Landscape. It is obvious that Microsoft Print to PDF has no option to select duplex, so the PDF that is created is not a normal PDF. I have not printed the file to see if it is duplexed. How do I tell MS Print to PDF that I want duplex? Thanks.

:)

Barry S. Finkel, Aug 4, 2020

2. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

I have a printer that does automatic duplex printing. I am working with others who also have printers with automatic duplex printing. I am preparing a booklet for an event we are having.. We were going to each 1/3 of the necessary copies on each of our
    printers. On 3/3, I used Publisher and Microsoft Print to PDF to create a PDF to print the booklets using automatic duplex printers. Today, I went to create a new PDF with updated information and Microsoft Print to PDF no longer offers the automatic 2 sided
    printing. My only choices are print 1 side and manually 2 side printing. What happened? Was I dreaming that there used to be an automatic 2 sided printing option? When I choose the manual option it says my printer is not set up for duplex printing yet.
    I went through the set up process then tried to print and it asks me again to set it up. I have removed Print to PDF and resinstalled the driver and still no auto duplex printing. What can I do? I need to create a PDF that can be used for automatic duplex
    printing. My cohorts don't have Publisher.

Does it matter want kind of printer I have? It's an HP PageWide MFP 377dw. When I print directly to it, the publisher document prints appropriately and auto duplex.

NJTransit203a, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

I understand your concern, let us try few troubleshooting to resolve this issue and check if that helps:-

Method 1: To print on both sides of a sheet of paper, do the following:

1. Click
    File > Print.

2. In the
    Printer list, select the printer you want to use.

3. In
    Settings, choose Print on Both Sides – Flip sheets on long edge or
    Print on Both Sides – Flip sheets on long edge.

Method 2: If you are still unable to print, I suggest you to refer the section on ‘What if duplex printing stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10?’ for the following article on
    HP Printers - How to Print on Both Sides of the Paper (Windows) (Duplexing) and check if that helps.

Reply with the status of the issue, in order to assist you further.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

Thanks for your reply but I think you misunderstood my question . I can print paper copies via my auto duplex printer without issue. My goal was to use Microsoft Print to PDF to create a PDF then print this PDF using Adobe Acrobat.

But, the good news is I finally crafted a search query that assisted me in solving my problem and found this result:

Save AS or convert publication to PDF

One thing I did not covered in this help article was use the Print options on the Publish Options dialog box to put only selected pages in my PDF.

I was able to create a PDF with only the pages I wanted to print and then use Adobe Acrobat to print the booklet as desired.

BTW, the only change I made to my PC was adding a photo scanner.

NJTransit203a, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

1. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex - Similar Threads - Microsoft Print PDF

2. Error Printing on Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Printing on Microsoft Print to PDF: I'm having issues printing to file. When ever I print to file it says page not found. The latest error when printing to file is:Error Printing on Microsoft Print To PDF. How can I fix this?...
  3. Error Printing on Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Printing on Microsoft Print to PDF: I'm having issues printing to file. When ever I print to file it says page not found. The latest error when printing to file is:Error Printing on Microsoft Print To PDF. How can I fix this?...
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Print to PDF: The "Microsoft Print to PDF" shows as an available printer but doesn't work. The program is not listed as a Microsoft product when I search to restore it. Is it no longer supported for Windows 10? Why would it stop working?...
  5. Print Duplex from Word Using Microsoft Print to PDF

Print Duplex from Word Using Microsoft Print to PDF: I just tried to use Microsoft Print to PDF to create a document from Word with duplexing. Note that this is entirely Windows, Word, and Microsoft Print to PDF, there are no physical printers or third party products involved. I was given two options: "Print One Sided" and...
  6. duplex printing

duplex printing: How can I get my HP OfficeJet 3830 to print duplex automatic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplex-printing/4cfd2451-0811-4275-b6f2-42e49373efb9
  7. Print Duplex off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Duplex off: The latest windows update negated duplex orinting. Any help would be appreciated. Estelle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-duplex-off/f0c42c58-156b-49a1-8975-bf309dcf0004
  8. Microsoft print to pdf

Microsoft print to pdf: When I select the printer Microsoft Print to PDF, I want to be prompted for a file name and location to save it. I am thinking it has to be tied to a port "prompting" it, but the only port I see similar on my machine is tied to Microsoft XPS Document Writer. How can I set the...
  9. HP OfficeJet 4650 stopped printing in colour and automatic duplex printing

HP OfficeJet 4650 stopped printing in colour and automatic duplex printing: I am having 2 issues which I suspect are both connected...... 1) Printer stopped printing in colour. - I have several times uninstalled and reinstalled printer and print drivers, both from HP website and CD. - Printer is able to print in colour - I can print proper test...
  10. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex: I have a printer that does automatic duplex printing. I am working with others who also have printers with automatic duplex printing. I am preparing a booklet for an event we are having.. We were going to each 1/3 of the necessary copies on each of our printers. On 3/3, I...