Windows 10: microsoft printer driver stoped working

Discus and support microsoft printer driver stoped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; microsoft printer driver stoped working after upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by artin.aghajanian, Nov 14, 2019.

1. microsoft printer driver stoped working

microsoft printer driver stoped working after upgrade

:)

artin.aghajanian, Nov 14, 2019

2. Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Nov 14, 2019
  3. printer driver is unavailable

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly did you try to download the drivers?
    • Did you try to check if the printer driver's are shown in the device manager?
    Let's try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 2: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website of the printer and download and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

microsoft printer driver stoped working

Microsoft PDF printer

Hi Carol,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to print files, this issue might have occurred due to incorrect settings or due to corrupted printer drivers.
    We will help you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt printer troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

Note: If your computer is having problems printing, try using the Printer troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that a printer is connected to your computer, and it checks
    for common issues such as whether the printer has enough paper and toner to complete printing your document.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now click on view all option.
    • Click on printer and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the printer as a work around and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the printer:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the “Printer” device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for
      this device
      ” you may select that and then remove its drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    You may also uninstall any related software provided by the printer manufacturer from the computer from “Programs and Features”. For this, you may follow these steps:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard and select “Programs and Features” from that list.
    • Search for any software provided by the printer manufacturer in the program list and if available, you may select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    Step 2: Install a Printer

Refer to the below link about: Install a printer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-printer#install-printer=windows-8

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Try the above mentioned steps and get back with the required information to assist you accordingly.

Arul_D, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

microsoft printer driver stoped working

1. microsoft printer driver stoped working - Similar Threads - microsoft printer driver

2. Fingerprint sensor stoped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sensor stoped working: Dear all,After some Windows 10 update I guess ..., the fingerprint reader stopped working.The oldest record from the Event manager is:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/ConfigurationSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnPDate: 15/09/2021 10:32:55Event ID: 41Task Category:...
  3. Fingerprint sensor stoped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint sensor stoped working: Dear all,After some Windows 10 update I guess ..., the fingerprint reader stopped working.The oldest record from the Event manager is:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/ConfigurationSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnPDate: 15/09/2021 10:32:55Event ID: 41Task Category:...
  4. driver for printer is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    driver for printer is not working: Hi, I have a HP officejet5258 printer. I am unable to print from it. It tells me that my driver is unavailable. However, my husband can print from it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-printer-is-not-working/0e5b7bb1-7428-4504-84d7-64c105d40350
  5. Laptop wlan stoped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop wlan stoped working: Windows 10 cant locate wlan so windows wireless service wont run. Have tried uninstalling drivers in device manager. Services says that it cant find wlan autoconfig. Have been trying for hours to fix this. :(...
  6. Microsoft sandbox stoped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft sandbox stoped working: i recently update to may update(1903) with update assistant. i enable Microsoft sandbox it even worked few times but suddenly stop working giving an error . failed to start. i tried to disable and enable again but nothing happens[ATTACH]...
  7. Bsutil.exe has stoped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsutil.exe has stoped working: Source bsutilcs Summary Stopped working Date ‎4/‎2/‎2019 8:40 AM Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\2B0A9E79FAD39A5B70B6ADEA6D06A48018B0012D\bsutil.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01:...
  8. touchpad stoped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad stoped working: Hi, my touchpad stoped working, so I have looked for some solution, I have found the microsoft's advise, open device manager, click on mouse and pointing devices... and I have discovered, that the touchpad app is just dissapeard from one day to another. What can I do now?...
  9. Mircosoft photos stoped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mircosoft photos stoped working: Every time I try to open photos it says system file error (-2147219196). video's work just fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/mircosoft-photos-stoped-working/9daef644-f566-4a07-a671-cdcd48b2fb7d
  10. Device Cenus Stoped Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Cenus Stoped Working: Like title say i get this error every day on specific hour,i don't know why i get this in the first place,the problem was appeared after June Cumulative Update and its keeps appear in my reliability monitor every day,its kinda frustrating because i do not know how to fix it....