Windows 10: Microsoft Privacy Policy

Discus and support Microsoft Privacy Policy in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Because Edward Snowden illegally stole documents from my government we know Microsoft was working secretly with government. Are they still doing this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TonyS3171, Dec 8, 2018.

1. TonyS3171 Win User

Microsoft Privacy Policy

Because Edward Snowden illegally stole documents from my government we know Microsoft was working secretly with government. Are they still doing this? How do we know and why would we believe its not happening any longer? Microsoft never apologized nor were they ever punished. How is doing this to a customer ok? The government is god?

***Original title: Is Microsoft Still Illegally working with spy agencies to steal my data?***

:)

TonyS3171, Dec 8, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Cashes in on Google One-Policy Paranoia in Newspaper Ad

Later this year, Google will adopt a single privacy-policy system for all its services. Some of Google's most popular services, as some might recall, are built from acquisitions of other equally genius start-ups as itself (eg: YouTube), many of these services were allowed to retain the essential part of their old privacy policies. The unified policy, effective March 1, 2012, allows sharing of usage statistics between services, to provide a user experience that's consistent between all its services. It doesn't sound harmful enough, yet it has generated public paranoia that it would, in some way, make Google more invasive on people's privacy than it already is, by, you know...owning YouTube?

Microsoft was quick put on an angel's robe and cash in on this paranoia. In a newspaper ad (first image below is down-scaled, the second is original), Microsoft talked about how Google's One Policy, One Google, One Experience is designed to be invasive to people's privacy, and how it allows Google to connect the dots between everything you do or say, across Google's various services. Fair enough, but what should have concluded as a PSA by Microsoft, ended up in being an advertisement for its own portfolio of services that are "better for users", as they're not as invasive as Google's.

Microsoft Privacy Policy 8b_thm.jpg

Microsoft Privacy Policy 8a_thm.jpg

A video detailing Google's One Policy update (by Google), follows.

Sources: The Official Microsoft Blog, The Verge

btarunr, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Change privacy policy

Need help and change my privacy policy? Privacy problem effected data and other countory information.

kabbo---01, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Microsoft Privacy Policy

A speech privacy policy?

I fixed it. It was the phone not the company. The company did have a terms and agreements policy, but not a speech privacy policy. It was in settings and just a simple box that was not checked to allow voice recognition.

KaitlynMartin, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Privacy Policy

1. Microsoft Privacy Policy - Similar Threads - Microsoft Privacy Policy

2. Create Google account privacy policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create Google account privacy policy: 6grtujfkrui6gjz4eru6rsfigueut6rw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-google-account-privacy-policy/f1700a33-0015-4ce4-b070-2fd369f2d1a4
  3. Create Google account privacy policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create Google account privacy policy: 6grtujfkrui6gjz4eru6rsfigueut6rw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-google-account-privacy-policy/f1700a33-0015-4ce4-b070-2fd369f2d1a4
  4. Microsoft Privacy Notice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Privacy Notice: I recently updated my password and since then the Microsoft Privacy Notice keeps coming up, even though I have accepted it. It is very annoying. Please advise how I can stop this happening? Thanks....
  5. Microsoft Privacy Intrusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Privacy Intrusion: I'm appalled that Microsoft and Windows 10 finds it justified in scanning all my photos on my machine to display cute pictures during startup and idol time. Of the hundreds of photos on a NAS, someone has to have selected photos to display since they think those photos are...
  6. Privacy Policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy Policy: How do I review and accept the Microsoft privacy policy? required by new program I downloaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-policy/89f71724-47de-4a18-a1d9-14503334841a
  7. Privacy Policy URL

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Privacy Policy URL: Hello ! I want to put an Open Source application in the MicroSoft store. I don't know what to put on the privacy policy URL. Is it enough to place a link to http://www.squeakpl.com/cani/editor/ ? You can find something like this at this link: WARNING ! The "CANI Graphic...
  8. Adding a privacy policy to a facebook page.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding a privacy policy to a facebook page.: I need to add a privacy policy link to a facebook business page. I have a draft saved in a word pad document using Windows 10. Can someone explain how to create that link to be able to enter it onto the page please? I cannot see any link icons on the word pad page. Thanks....
  9. Updates to Google Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in Europe

in Windows 10 News
    Updates to Google Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in Europe: Today, we started notifying our users in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland about some changes we’re making to how we provide our services. These changes will be reflected in updates to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy that you can read now, but that will...
  10. Twitter updated Privacy Policy

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter updated Privacy Policy: Twitter’s purpose is to keep the world informed by serving the public conversation. We work hard to build a great experience for people Tweeting, and seeing Tweets all over the world, and protecting the privacy of the people who use Twitter every day. We believe you should...