Windows 10: Microsoft Products disappeared

Discus and support Microsoft Products disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After Windows updated I found that I can no longer properly access my Microsoft products. When I click on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ColinHynson, May 20, 2019.

1. Microsoft Products disappeared

After Windows updated I found that I can no longer properly access my Microsoft products. When I click on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner all the Microsoft products such as Outlook, Word, Notepad, Excel etc. now all have blank white icons. When clicked on nothing happens.

However, my seperate files for Word, Excel etc. are still in my documents folder and when I click on them they open and I can work on them as usual. However the toolbar at the bottom shows any Microsoft product as a black white icon.

Any help would be weclome.

:)

ColinHynson, May 20, 2019

2. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, May 20, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 20, 2019
  4. Microsoft Products disappeared

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Products disappeared

1. Microsoft Products disappeared - Similar Threads - Microsoft Products disappeared

2. Office products disappeared after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office products disappeared after reboot.: Win10, Office 365 family.Working with Excel. Thunderstorm. Shutdown PC.Restarted PC, the icons for Excel and Word are in my startup menu.....I click, they disappear.Can't find Excel or Word or any office product. I click on the Office icon and it launches Office. I click on...
  3. Office products disappeared after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office products disappeared after reboot.: Win10, Office 365 family.Working with Excel. Thunderstorm. Shutdown PC.Restarted PC, the icons for Excel and Word are in my startup menu.....I click, they disappear.Can't find Excel or Word or any office product. I click on the Office icon and it launches Office. I click on...
  4. Office products disappeared after reboot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Store disappeared.

Microsoft Store disappeared.: I recently had problems with the Microsoft Store not updating anything, saying it was an error from them and I should try later. I found I could "repair" o "reset" the app from settings no I didn't uninstall it. When I did, it stopped working and I couldn't open it anymore....
  6. microsoft store disappeared

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store disappeared: i was trying to fix my MS store not showing download button issue with this method "In the event that the above steps doesn't suffice, we'd recommend reinstating Microsoft Store via PowerShell Command Admin. Here's how:Press Windows + X keys, select Windows PowerShell...
  7. microsoft store disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store disappeared: i was trying to fix my MS store not showing download button issue with this method "In the event that the above steps doesn't suffice, we'd recommend reinstating Microsoft Store via PowerShell Command Admin. Here's how:Press Windows + X keys, select Windows PowerShell...
  8. Using Microsoft product as baseline of a product

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Microsoft product as baseline of a product: HiI am working on a small university project and wanted to build a customized version of Step recorder in windows.Is it possible and legal to use the existing PSR and build something on top of that or any suggestions regarding the same.Thank you...
  9. Using Microsoft product as baseline of a product

Using Microsoft product as baseline of a product: HiI am working on a small university project and wanted to build a customized version of Step recorder in windows.Is it possible and legal to use the existing PSR and build something on top of that or any suggestions regarding the same.Thank you...
  10. My product key disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My product key disappeared: I just changed my motherboard, cpu and ram. Now windows tells me that my product is not active. I read somewhere that the key is stored in the motherboard so i plug in my old one and try the powershell command but nothing. It doesn't tell me that the product is not active...