Windows 10: Microsoft products will not open.

Discus and support Microsoft products will not open. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,I bought a new laptop a few months ago and downloaded Microsoft products onto it. I have not had any problems today. I clicked on my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DogLover2021, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Microsoft products will not open.

Hello,I bought a new laptop a few months ago and downloaded Microsoft products onto it. I have not had any problems today. I clicked on my Microsoft word files 4 of them and they will not open at all and there is no message. I do not know what is wrong. How can I open my files? I do have a Microsoft 365 account and those apps work online. Please help. Thanks!

:)

DogLover2021, Sep 1, 2021
  2. SueHolt Win User

Microsoft Office products on Windows 10

• What exactly do you mean by Microsoft product will not open?

​ When I try to open any Microsoft application (Word, Excel)​, either opening a document, or the program itself, the document or program flash open for a split second, then close.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Office product or all Microsoft product?

​ Sorry, Microsoft Office programs.​

• What exactly happens when you try to open?

​ See above.​

• Are you getting any error message?

​ No. I did try a suggestion I saw in an online blog - to Run excel / safe, but that didn't work at all.​

SueHolt, Sep 1, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 1, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft products will not open.

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft products will not open. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft products will not open.

1. Microsoft products will not open. - Similar Threads - Microsoft products open

2. Sellling Microsoft Products

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sellling Microsoft Products: How can i sell Microsoft products like Office 2016/2019/2021 or Windows 10/11 pro/home retail/OEM without violating Microsoft policy?I heard many options but I'm not sure if I heard the right one.Could someone help me with that?...
  3. Is this an official Microsoft product?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this an official Microsoft product?: found this official product on the Internet? boxed version of windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-an-official-microsoft-product/25f14d2a-454e-4811-8020-f398b1944888
  4. Using Microsoft product as baseline of a product

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Microsoft product as baseline of a product: HiI am working on a small university project and wanted to build a customized version of Step recorder in windows.Is it possible and legal to use the existing PSR and build something on top of that or any suggestions regarding the same.Thank you...
  5. Using Microsoft product as baseline of a product

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Microsoft product as baseline of a product: HiI am working on a small university project and wanted to build a customized version of Step recorder in windows.Is it possible and legal to use the existing PSR and build something on top of that or any suggestions regarding the same.Thank you...
  6. Microsoft product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft product key: Does the office 365 home addition subscription provide one or more Microsoft product keys as part of the subscription or are the two purchased separately? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-product-key/20f41f08-d0d8-4d9e-a8ec-6acdd673d04e
  7. Illegal microsoft products

Illegal microsoft products: Hi, I am an Asian. I was very poor that I didn't have money to buy Microsoft products yet I was eager to try using Microsoft products until I got involved with using illegal license. But, I worked hard everyday hoping that one day I am able to purchase legal Microsoft...
  8. Office products won’t open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office products won’t open: I cannot open Microsoft Office products. When I click on Excel or Word, the pop-up shows up requiring to update office. Then I see the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142....
  9. Microsoft Product Key

Microsoft Product Key: My old desktop's boot files got corrupted (e.g. hal.dll is corrupted) and no attempts to fix them have worked. The desktop used the operating system Windows 7. I have concluded that I need to wipe my desktop HDD and proceed with a clean install of Windows 10 using an ISO...
  10. Microsoft Office Products not opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Office Products not opening.: Whenever I click on word, powerpoint and excel it says 'parameter is wrong'. picture given below. [ATTACH] Some people saying 'go to control panel, find ms office, and try to repair either offline or online.' But the problem is that it is not showing ms office in my...