Windows 10: Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues

Discus and support Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 KB4512941, which is an optional cumulative update that Microsoft shipped for everyone, generates high CPU usage and also breaks down Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 5, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues

Windows 10 KB4512941, which is an optional cumulative update that Microsoft shipped for everyone, generates high CPU usage and also breaks down Windows Search on some devices. Following the various reports, Microsoft has finally acknowledged at least two known issues with Windows 10’s late August update.

According to several users reports that we have come across, Windows 10 KB4512941 breaks down Windows Search and renders a blank screen for search queries. The same update also causes high CPU usage and degrades the performance of the Windows 10 devices.

In a new update to its support document, Microsoft has finally acknowledged that it’s looking into reports of performance and search issues. The company stated that a ‘small number’ of users may see a broken Windows Search and high CPU usage.

Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues Windows-Search-broken.jpg

According to the firm, these issues are experienced if a user has disabled the web integration in Windows Desktop Search. Microsoft says it’s working on a solution and the fix for both issues should land in mid-September.

“We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in mid-September,” Microsoft stated.

If everything goes according to plan, you can expect fixes to land with Windows 10 cumulative update on September 10 (Patch Tuesday).

The post Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 5, 2019
  2. hTconeM9user, Sep 5, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues

1. Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft promises fix

2. Microsoft fixes game performance and blurry text issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft fixes game performance and blurry text issues in Windows 10: Microsoft released a new update to the Beta and Release Preview channels of its Windows 10 Insiders program that fix several issues affecting some users of the company's operating system. Most updates are pushed to Insider channels first to give them another round of testing...
  3. Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10: Following the release of March 2021 cumulative updates, users started reporting serious problems, including issues with certain printers and games. While the printer issue was immediately patched, Windows 10’s bug that resulted in performance issues somehow slipped into the...
  4. Windows 10 KB5001330: Microsoft issues emergency fix for performance issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5001330: Microsoft issues emergency fix for performance issues: Windows 10 appears to be getting a new server-side update and it’s one that you might want to apply if you’ve been having any kind of performance issues, such as stuttering, flickering or text rendering issues when playing certain games. As we reported recently, performance...
  5. Microsoft fixed the game performance issue on Windows 10 devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft fixed the game performance issue on Windows 10 devices: Some Windows users reported game performance issues after installation of the Windows 10 updates KB5000842 and KB5001330. The updates were released in March and April of 2021 to devices running Windows 10 version 2004, 20H2 and 21H1. Ashwin wrote about the game performance...
  6. Microsoft admits Windows 10 KB4601319 issue, promises fix

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft admits Windows 10 KB4601319 issue, promises fix: A Microsoft representative has quietly confirmed that the February 2021 cumulative update (KB4601319) suffers from a bug that could disable your web camera. In addition to camera crashes, users have also reported other bugs in Windows 10 KB4601319 and Microsoft is...
  7. Microsoft promises a renewed focus in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises a renewed focus in Windows 10: Microsoft has been working on a refreshed Windows 10 Start Menu for a while now, and you can finally try it out later this year. But that’s not all the company is changing in Windows 10. In addition to these nifty improvements, Microsoft is also promising a renewed focus in...
  8. Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block: Microsoft recently announced a new upgrade block for Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019 Update) on PCs with outdated Intel RST drivers. The Redmond firm has been recommending users to install the newer versions of the drivers before deploying Windows 10 version 1903 on their...
  9. Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues: Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues Microsoft Promises Fix For The Windows 10 Store Issues - Windows 10 News and Updates 38934
  10. Microsoft Promises to Fix “Dirty Shutdowns” in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Promises to Fix “Dirty Shutdowns” in Windows 10: Windows 10 is still in development right now, and a new build included in the Technical Preview channel is only expected to launch next month, so Microsoft has more time to fix bugs and issues in the existing 9879 version. One of the problems that Microsoft is trying to...