Windows 10: Microsoft promises side-by-side Android apps streaming on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft promises side-by-side Android apps streaming on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For more than a month, Windows Insiders have had exclusive access to Windows 10’s new Android app streaming feature. The feature was originally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 16, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft promises side-by-side Android apps streaming on Windows 10

For more than a month, Windows Insiders have had exclusive access to Windows 10’s new Android app streaming feature.

The feature was originally announced during August’s Samsung Unpacked event and the tech firm stated that this will allow owners of Galaxy phones to stream multiple apps directly to their Windows 10 PC.

The new update, which is now available for everyone, allows Samsung owners to link their phones to their Windows 10 device and access Android apps. There’s a menu within the Your Phone app on the desktop that allows you to access the list of installed apps and open app in a separate window.

The goal here is to help you interact with multiple mobile apps at once and carry your work without picking your Android phone.

Microsoft promises side-by-side Android apps streaming on Windows 10 Windows-10-Android-apps-streaming.jpg

There are two problems with Microsoft’s approach. The first, obviously, is that it works only on Samsung phones.

The second and short-term problem is the inability to run more than one Android apps, but Microsoft says support for multiple apps is coming soon. This will allow you to run Android apps side-by-side on your desktop.

Your Phone currently only allows users to run one Android app on their PC at a time, but according to Microsoft employee, the company is currently planning to add support for running multiple apps at once later this year.

Microsoft promises side-by-side Android apps streaming on Windows 10 Galaxy-phones-supported.jpg

It’s likely that the feature will initially work only on Samsung phones.

As we reported last month, Your Phone app’s streaming feature appears to need special drivers in the firmware of a phone. If the special driver that uses Wi-Fi Direct connection and Bluetooth is missing, you won’t be able to use Windows 10’s app streaming feature.

This may come to other smartphones too if the phone maker is willing to work with Microsoft and implement appropriate changes in their firmware. For now, it will remain exclusive to both flagship and affordable handsets from Samsung.

The post Microsoft promises side-by-side Android apps streaming on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 16, 2020
  2. t_ski Win User

$.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown Microsoft promises side-by-side Android apps streaming on Windows 10 :(

t_ski, Sep 16, 2020
  3. farlex85 Win User
    Remote app for android

I recently traded in my iphone for an android, and just realized that hippo remote is iphone only. I'm looking for a similar app for android so I can use it as a remote for my htpc. Any suggestions?

farlex85, Sep 16, 2020
  4. theonedub Win User

$.10 android apps

Google Wallet just doesnt want to cooperate with me, but I have been able to pick some of them up through the Amazon Android App Store, which has been price matching a couple of the apps and offering some of their own 10 cent apps as well.

theonedub, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft promises side-by-side Android apps streaming on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft promises side

2. Side By side Error Windows 10 not able to execute apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side By side Error Windows 10 not able to execute apps: This application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command line-sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.Whenever I install any new apps it installs perfectly normally, but when I run them the...
  3. Side by Side Error Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Side by Side Error Windows 10: Hi, I've read the posts on the Side by Side error, most of which seem locked. So, I'm posting a new thread in hope that the problem can be resolved. None of the fixes suggested work, and it's my guess that is because the error affects a single app sometimes. Most fixes...
  4. Windows "Side by side" in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows "Side by side" in windows 10: I hate this side by side feature. I hate the stacked feature. I want to permanently disable it. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-side-by-side-in-windows-10/7b2dbd75-695b-4ede-bdc9-fbef80e9a90e
  5. "Show windows side by side"

"Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" putting two or more windows side-by-side on the screen, but stacking them. Obvious error. Is there a fix to this? If so,, how do I get access to this fix? If not, when could I expect a fix? I used "Show windows side by side" frequently in...
  6. Chrome App side by side configuration failing

Chrome App side by side configuration failing: I was using chrome then my laptop was updated and right after updating it I went to open chrome again but I received a notification saying that the app has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect. I use chrome everyday so I would like to be able...
  7. windows 10 side by side error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 side by side error: Hi Everyone Has anyone had the Windows 10 side by side error and not able to open, Office, Office Outlook, Windows Recovery and I have tried repair restart that does not work either any help would be appreciated Thanks Linda...
  8. show windows side-by-side

show windows side-by-side: When I right click on the taskbar and then click on "Show windows side by side" it only shows the windows vertically side by side and not horizontally. I can drag the window edges to get them side by side, but that is a pain in the neck. How do I get them side by side...
  9. Side by side windows

Side by side windows: How can I open 2 windows side by side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/side-by-side-windows/29ab9fb4-4bcf-43d4-a6d5-2db416bef5a0
  10. Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10: How to: Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 How to Show All Open Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use the show windows side by side option to arrange all your open windows to be side by side with each other. If you have more than one...