Windows 10: Microsoft Promises Updated Explorer UX in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Promises Updated Explorer UX in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 Technical Preview indeed comes with some improvements in File Explorer, including a new share option that launches the modern share charm,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Dec 11, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft Promises Updated Explorer UX in Windows 10

More

labeeman, Dec 11, 2014
  2. Edwin New Member

Tab support would be great!
    This is 'Clover' running over top of Explorer but I'm sure MS could implement the idea in a much more refined fashion.

Microsoft Promises Updated Explorer UX in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Edwin, Dec 11, 2014
  3. Failing updates to Windows 10

Windows 10 update started automatically. Following is the error:

Something went wrong
    Microsoft can't install important security updates on your PC.

To ensure things go smoothly:
    Please contact Microsoft Support for help with this error.
    Please provide the support representative with this error code:
    0xc1900208

Govind_997, Dec 11, 2014
  4. Microsoft Promises Updated Explorer UX in Windows 10

can't install win 10 1709

new error message

Your device needs the latest security updates
    Microsoft can't install important security updates on your PC until you install the most current version of Windows 10.

To ensure things go smoothly:

RichardHealer, Dec 11, 2014
  5. linw Win User
    My vote is to have a dual pane option a la xplorer2 and QDir. Makes copying/moving files so much easier and safer.

By all means have tabs but the dual pane is the biggie for me.

6. Edwin New Member
    That feature is easily implemented with Windows Snap, however, Clover takes it one step further; without having to open another window simple drag any tab off of the bar and snap it to the edge of your screen:

then click on the window from whence it came:

and voila:

When finished, drag the tab back to the home bar and maximize or close; whatever you wish.
    If MS could perfect this concept it would be real nice.
    Then the tab bar and the navigation bar ought to be enough; more 'real estate' and a cleaner look without the navigation pane.

Edwin, Dec 11, 2014
  7. rmonroe36 Win User
    And then there is Directory Opus ($), the "Cadillac" of file managers (IMHO). The reason why these utilities exist is that they fulfill a real need in the Microsoft world.

Rich

rmonroe36, Dec 12, 2014
  8. Microsoft Promises Updated Explorer UX in Windows 10

Dual File Pane + Tabs would be a big improvement. *Smile

The Dual File Pane should also be:
    • Available in horizontal and vertical layouts
    • Easy to disable, if only a Single File Pane is required

lehnerus2000, Dec 12, 2014
  9. Edwin New Member
    *Thumbs

Kind of like 'Split view' in Maxthon browser! *Smile

Edwin, Dec 12, 2014
  10. rmonroe36 Win User
    Some actual samples of my Directory Opus file manager. Changed these views with a click or two.

Rich

rmonroe36, Dec 12, 2014
  11. Lebon14 Win User
    Personally, I want one pane because it give me more estate, a bigger view. However, tabs? I would loooooooooooooove tabs!

Lebon14, Dec 12, 2014
  12. rmonroe36 Win User
    You got 'em!

Rich

rmonroe36, Dec 13, 2014
  13. BillyBob Win User

And then there is Directory Opus ($), the "Cadillac" of file managers (IMHO). The reason why these utilities exist is that they fulfill a real need in the Microsoft world.

Rich Im pretty sure I used that on my Amiga 2000 about 20 years ago.

BillyBob, Dec 13, 2014
  14. I forgot the other item on my "Wish List", long path name support (the default path name length is ridiculously short).

Regarding panes and tabs, I use FreeCommander whenever I have to something more than basic file management.

It has a handy mass rename tool too.

lehnerus2000, Dec 13, 2014
  15. Agree!

Fahadking07, Dec 13, 2014
Thema:

1. Microsoft Promises Updated Explorer UX in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Promises Updated

2. Where is promised Windows 10 AAC support?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is promised Windows 10 AAC support?: Support for AAC codec via Bluetooth in Windows 10 is currently only available in Insider builds. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21370 Windows Insider BlogIt has been already 2 years since announcement, when this feature would be available for all Windows 10...
  3. Direct to Update Notification UX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Direct to Update Notification UX: I disabled Windows Update in every way known to man, but still in my C:\Program Files a folder was created without my knowledge or permission called DTU with a bunch of files inside and DTUNotificationUX.exe, and now there's a notification popping up every hour with two...
  4. Windows 10 update to hide 3D Objects in File Explorer, improve Bluetooth UX

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update to hide 3D Objects in File Explorer, improve Bluetooth UX: With the Creators Update (version 1703), Microsoft added a new Paint 3D app to Windows 10 to help users sketch in 2D and create 3D objects. Paint 3D app allows you to turn photos into 3D models, customize the photos with extra colours and textures, and access it from File...
  5. Microsoft promises a renewed focus in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises a renewed focus in Windows 10: Microsoft has been working on a refreshed Windows 10 Start Menu for a while now, and you can finally try it out later this year. But that’s not all the company is changing in Windows 10. In addition to these nifty improvements, Microsoft is also promising a renewed focus in...
  6. Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues: Windows 10 KB4512941, which is an optional cumulative update that Microsoft shipped for everyone, generates high CPU usage and also breaks down Windows Search on some devices. Following the various reports, Microsoft has finally acknowledged at least two known issues with...
  7. Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues: Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues Microsoft Promises Fix For The Windows 10 Store Issues - Windows 10 News and Updates 38934
  8. Windows 10 seems very promising

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 seems very promising: I just finished building a new PC, which has just about everything you can imagine. I've been using Windows 7 x64 for quite some time, never upgrading to Windows 8 or 8.1. I bought a couple of laptops lately, one of which has a touch screen, and that laptop is running 8.1, so...
  9. Delivering the Modern IT promise with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Delivering the Modern IT promise with Windows 10: Part 2: Management enhancements coming to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Our goal with Windows 10 has always been to modernize the way IT interacts with Windows devices, adopting simpler and easier approaches that leverage cloud-based services and help employees be more...
  10. Microsoft Promises to Fix “Dirty Shutdowns” in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Promises to Fix “Dirty Shutdowns” in Windows 10: Windows 10 is still in development right now, and a new build included in the Technical Preview channel is only expected to launch next month, so Microsoft has more time to fix bugs and issues in the existing 9879 version. One of the problems that Microsoft is trying to...