Windows 10: Microsoft prompts me to verify my identity with an old email that I have already changed

Discus and support Microsoft prompts me to verify my identity with an old email that I have already changed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm attempting to change some of my account information, however I have to verify my identity first and can only select my old email adress to wich I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Erika Dawiedofski, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Microsoft prompts me to verify my identity with an old email that I have already changed

I'm attempting to change some of my account information, however I have to verify my identity first and can only select my old email adress to wich I no longer have access to. Someone else had a similar problem and the recommended solution was to delete the old email as the security email adress in the advenaced security. However, when I tried to to that I was again prompted to verify my identity using said old email adress. When clicking on 'I don't have any of these' I'm prompted to add a new security email but it can't be my current one as it's already linked to my Microsoft account.What am

:)

Erika Dawiedofski, Mar 25, 2023
  2. MicroIan Win User

Verifying identity on new PC

I have used my primary (and only) email address to logon to a new PC, and in the security settings/accounts/your info it says "you need to verify your identity on this PC".

If I click the verify link it has a option for, presumably, sending a code to an email address. But this is NOT the email address for this account.

It is actually an old one, that I originally used to set up the Microsoft account many years ago. This email was withdrawn by BT and I changed the email address on the Microsoft account to the one I am currently logging in with. (Added new email, changed
    it to the primary, deleted the invalid one).

It seems like the account verification has got stuck on this old email address instead of the new one.

So how can I verify my identity on the new PC?

MicroIan, Mar 25, 2023
  3. Can not verify my Identity to my computer.

Thanks for taking your time to help, but however none of these options helped my predicament. I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I did not forget anything. It is trying to verify my identity with a Microsoft account which no longer exists. I went through
    all the official steps changing the email to what it is now, and then deleted the old account. Even looking at my computers settings, that email is nowhere to be seen on the accounts page. So I am still at wits end here.

LucasHitt1, Mar 25, 2023
  4. Microsoft prompts me to verify my identity with an old email that I have already changed

Delete old email sign in address

Hi,

Difficulties verifying the old security details in your Microsoft account may result in errors canceling or removing the profile. For us to rectify the account removal concern, we'd like to verify the following information:

• Where exactly are you prompted to sign in with the old email address?
    • Have you tried resetting the password for the old account to recover it?
    • Were you able to log in successfully on your account online?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your account prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft prompts me to verify my identity with an old email that I have already changed

1. Microsoft prompts me to verify my identity with an old email that I have already changed - Similar Threads - Microsoft prompts verify

2. Microsoft prompts me to verify my identity with an old email that I have already changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft prompts me to verify my identity with an old email that I have already changed: I'm attempting to change some of my account information, however I have to verify my identity first and can only select my old email adress to wich I no longer have access to. Someone else had a similar problem and the recommended solution was to delete the old email as the...
  3. Microsoft prompts me to verify my identity with an old email that I have already changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft prompts me to verify my identity with an old email that I have already changed: I'm attempting to change some of my account information, however I have to verify my identity first and can only select my old email adress to wich I no longer have access to. Someone else had a similar problem and the recommended solution was to delete the old email as the...
  4. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  5. I can't verify my Identity

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't verify my Identity: I can log into my account just fine in the Microsoft website. and I already logged into the Microsoft Store. However, when I was trying to download an app in the Store, it asked me to verify my identity yet again. I put my password and it says the password is wrong, but it's...
  6. Verifying my identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verifying my identity: When selecting Settings/Accounts/Your info I am informed that I need to verify my identity by clicking on a blue hyperlink labelled Verify. However, whenever I do click on this link I am presented with the following message in red:- "Sorry, there's a problem with the...
  7. I don’t have a pin but Microsoft is asking me to verify my identity with one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don’t have a pin but Microsoft is asking me to verify my identity with one: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AlphaDoge16 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7rxbf/i_dont_have_a_pin_but_microsoft_is_asking_me_to/
  8. I cannot VERIFY my identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot VERIFY my identity: My email accounts in Mail need to be fixed, including Outlook, but when I try I get 'something went wrong' and 'Pin not available'. Then I get asked to VERIFY my identity, but I cannot do that either. When I try to get a security code sent , either to my designated phone...
  9. Verify your identity email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify your identity email: So I was trying to log in to my windows account from a new tablet. I forgot my password and when I tried to reset it, where it says "Verify your identity" it trying to send a verification code to an email that I've never heard of. So i got on my phone where my password is...
  10. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify my identity for my Microsoft account: I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now. --- How do I do that? Everything else is the same as far as I know. Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out. My Windows version number is 1903...