Windows 10: Microsoft protecting users from PUA in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Microsoft protecting users from PUA in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Our customer feedback tells us that when users search for free versions of software, they often find applications with a poor reputation being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft protecting users from PUA in Microsoft Edge

Source: Protecting users from potentially unwanted applications in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog

Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows

How to Turn On or Off Potentially Unwanted App (PUA) Protection in Microsoft Edge Chromium

:)

Brink, Feb 27, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10  

From Shawn's note in the tutorial:

What we are doing is a hack, and Enterprise versions have may other security measures to prevent it from installing.

I bet DDU is on the list of PUA's, because a company does not want their users mucking around in the drivers(they probably couldn't without the Admin password anyhow).

Cliff S, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft protecting users from PUA in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Microsoft protecting users

2. PUA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PUA: How to remove win 32/ Presenoker from windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pua/56c5ad34-d3e5-4d14-820e-89c0e76c14af
  3. How to prevent users from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge: You can prevent others from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge using the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor. Although extensions are supposed to enhance your user experience, at times, they might make things worse. You can therefore block others from...
  4. How to prevent users from adding new profile in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from adding new profile in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from adding a new profile in Microsoft Edge, then here’s how you go about doing it. You can block […] This article How to prevent users from adding new profile in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Does Norton Protect new Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Norton Protect new Microsoft Edge: Does Norton Antivirus protect new Microsoft Edge i keep getting message Thank you for using Norton Safe Web but i have seen articles saying it does not which is right 148732
  6. Windows Defender PUA Protection

Windows Defender PUA Protection: Some Reason can't get our 2nd Desktop PC to keep on with Windows Defender Pua Protection, Avast was removed with Wise Uninstaller, rebooted system, used Avast clear in safe mode as additional step, then ran ConfigureDefenderx64 to configure Defender, made sure enabled Pua...
  7. Microsoft User Research session: Microsoft Edge and OneNote

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft User Research session: Microsoft Edge and OneNote: Discuss Microsoft Edge and OneNote directly with Windows engineers If you use Microsoft Edge or OneNote, our engineers would like to invite you to an upcoming customer research session. Organized by Microsoft User Research, this voluntarily, online session is a unique...
  8. Why AdWare protection , PUA ,and PUP protection are not enabled by default in windows...

Why AdWare protection , PUA ,and PUP protection are not enabled by default in windows...: I recently saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXALM70DfGI ( from britec09) , and he showed us in this video how to enable these protections , and now , why these protections are not enabled by default ? WD is a good antivirus , and i've hever had problems with it...
  9. Microsoft edge and Firefox can pass ddos protection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft edge and Firefox can pass ddos protection: Hello i need help i can't accessi some site .with notification 'getting this message from they're site "Checking your browser before accessing na.leagueoflegends.com. This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly. Not responding...
  10. Protecting Microsoft Edge against binary injection

in Windows 10 News
    Protecting Microsoft Edge against binary injection: In May, we announced that Microsoft Edge was saying goodbye to binary extensibility models such as ActiveX and Browser Helper Objects. This change made browsing in Windows faster, more secure, and more stable than ever, while paving the way for better interoperability with...