Windows 10: Microsoft Publication Guidelines

Discus and support Microsoft Publication Guidelines in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am struggling to get a straight answer for these questions. I am sure I have seen plenty of published books that have bits of screenshots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by spandau80s, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Microsoft Publication Guidelines

I am struggling to get a straight answer for these questions.

I am sure I have seen plenty of published books that have bits of screenshots highlighting only the Start icon or bits of the GUI from the main Windows interface etc. which appear to have been cropped.

Has anyone been through this or recently published a book or articles on Microsoft operating systems?

This is from the Microsoft provided link under 'Screenshots': https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/lega...ty/permissions

These are the guidelines from Microsoft for use of screenshots in a book:

You may not use screenshots of Microsoft product boot-up screens, opening screens, "splash screens," or screens from beta release products or other products that have not been commercially released. You may use other screenshots in advertising, in documentation (including educational brochures), in tutorial books, in videos, or on websites, provided that, in addition to the requirements above, you:

Do not alter the screenshot except to resize it.
    Do not use portions of screenshots. THIS IS MY PRINCIPAL QUERY...
    Do not include screenshots in your product user interface.
    Do not use screenshots that contain third-party content. BUT WHAT IF WE ARE SHOWING AN INTERNET SECURITY SUITE LIKE KASPERSKY ETC.?...
    Do not use screenshots that contain an image of an identifiable individual.

:)

spandau80s, Jan 29, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, Jan 29, 2019
  4. crysman Win User

Microsoft Publication Guidelines

When Microsoft releases Windows 10 updates? Is there some public list available?

I would like to know when Microsoft releases Windows 10 updates - is there some public list available?

The reason is that I would like to compare these days to days when there is slow Internet connection in our company to see if it correlates... And if it does, take some steps to make it better. Thank you.

crysman, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Publication Guidelines

1. Microsoft Publication Guidelines - Similar Threads - Microsoft Publication Guidelines

2. Explain your guidelines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explain your guidelines: So AP posted an article talking about their Columbine coverage. I made the comment: Why are you talking about this? School shootings are on the decline. Don't put ideas back in peoples heads. Quit patting yourself on the back for covering a tragedy. It did not meet community...
  3. Community guidelines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Community guidelines: Why is it inappropriate for me to use a word in a response to a remark on an article that has already been used in the body of the remark that was made? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If the word bigot is used in a remark and I repeat the word in my response, why...
  4. Community guidelines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Community guidelines: Why is it inappropriate for me to use a word in a response to a remark on an article that has already been used in the body of the remark that was made? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If the word bigot is used in a remark and I repeat the word in my response, why...
  5. Microsoft Community Guidelines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Community Guidelines: Why does Microsoft Community Guidelines reject "A 6 foot fence cuts off light"? They seriously need to look at what words are considered offensive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-community-guidelines/d0e3083d-dd8e-47fe-9221-5ba92b2e8417
  6. Microsoft Community Guidelines

Microsoft Community Guidelines: Why does Microsoft Community Guidelines reject "A 6 foot fence cuts off light"? They seriously need to look at what words are considered offensive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-community-guidelines/d0e3083d-dd8e-47fe-9221-5ba92b2e8417
  7. Community Guidelines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Community Guidelines: I cannot submit this comment in the news article I'm interested in commenting on. From what I see nothing contained below contains anything that might be even remotely offensive or dangerous that would preclude it from being submitted. "Whatever they come up with is not going...
  8. Community Guidelines

Community Guidelines: I cannot submit this comment in the news article I'm interested in commenting on. From what I see nothing contained below contains anything that might be even remotely offensive or dangerous that would preclude it from being submitted. "Whatever they come up with is not going...
  9. Microsoft updates Xbox Accessibility Guidelines (XAGs)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Xbox Accessibility Guidelines (XAGs): [ATTACH] Passion for game accessibility has grown exponentially among developers and gamers alike in the past decade. According to the ESA Foundation, there are nearly 46 million gamers with disabilities in the U.S. in the U.S. alone, so we’re heartened to see...
  10. MiniTool Guidelines

MiniTool Guidelines: I am considering using the MiniTool utility to manage some disks that W10 Disk Management is having some difficulty in managing. Before I go ahead with this I would be grateful for any cautions, warnings or general comments in using the product. A couple of questions.......