Windows 10: Microsoft Publication Guidelines

Discus and support Microsoft Publication Guidelines in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am struggling to get a straight answer for these questions. I am sure I have seen plenty of published books that have bits of screenshots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by spandau80s, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Microsoft Publication Guidelines

I am struggling to get a straight answer for these questions.

I am sure I have seen plenty of published books that have bits of screenshots highlighting only the Start icon or bits of the GUI from the main Windows interface etc. which appear to have been cropped.

Has anyone been through this or recently published a book or articles on Microsoft operating systems?

This is from the Microsoft provided link under 'Screenshots': https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/lega...ty/permissions

These are the guidelines from Microsoft for use of screenshots in a book:

You may not use screenshots of Microsoft product boot-up screens, opening screens, "splash screens," or screens from beta release products or other products that have not been commercially released. You may use other screenshots in advertising, in documentation (including educational brochures), in tutorial books, in videos, or on websites, provided that, in addition to the requirements above, you:

Do not alter the screenshot except to resize it.
    Do not use portions of screenshots. THIS IS MY PRINCIPAL QUERY...
    Do not include screenshots in your product user interface.
    Do not use screenshots that contain third-party content. BUT WHAT IF WE ARE SHOWING AN INTERNET SECURITY SUITE LIKE KASPERSKY ETC.?...
    Do not use screenshots that contain an image of an identifiable individual.

:)

spandau80s, Jan 29, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, Jan 29, 2019
  4. crysman Win User

Microsoft Publication Guidelines

When Microsoft releases Windows 10 updates? Is there some public list available?

I would like to know when Microsoft releases Windows 10 updates - is there some public list available?

The reason is that I would like to compare these days to days when there is slow Internet connection in our company to see if it correlates... And if it does, take some steps to make it better. Thank you.

crysman, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Publication Guidelines

1. Microsoft Publication Guidelines - Similar Threads - Microsoft Publication Guidelines

2. Microsoft announces public preview of Windows Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces public preview of Windows Virtual Desktop: Last September, we announced Windows Virtual Desktop and began a private preview. Since then, we’ve been hard at work developing the ability to scale and deliver a true multi-session Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus virtual desktop and app experience on any device. Today,...
  3. Public to Private

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Public to Private: Can't switch from public to private with 1083 build. Is there a solution? I've tried some from the internet, none worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/public-to-private/19e102bf-9b7f-43d5-8d3b-affc260109c3
  4. News Article Posting Guidelines

in Windows 10 News
    News Article Posting Guidelines: Posting News Article Guidelines: 1) Click on the New Thread button to post a new news article. 2) The news article must be tech and/or Windows 10 related without any spam. 3) If the news article is from another website, then it cannot be copied completely here. That would...
  5. MiniTool Guidelines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MiniTool Guidelines: I am considering using the MiniTool utility to manage some disks that W10 Disk Management is having some difficulty in managing. Before I go ahead with this I would be grateful for any cautions, warnings or general comments in using the product. A couple of questions.......
  6. Private or Public

Private or Public: I just noticed in Windows defender My network is listed as public. Does it matter if my network is listed as private or public. I found how to change it if I have to. I just want to know if it matters. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. In the network box...
  7. Will Local Network be designated Public unless tied to Microsoft?

Will Local Network be designated Public unless tied to Microsoft?: I have noticed something I think is a little strange. If you install one of the later builds from offline, or where a Microsoft account is not involved, it appears your Local Network will be designated as "Public" even though the correct IP address and Workgroup are being...
  8. Public network.

Public network.: From the beginning that i install windows 10 i had a homenetwork (network 1).Now it is switchd to a public network (network 2).How is that happen? How can i back to my home network (network 1) ? 44257
  9. News Article Posting Guidelines

in Windows 10 News
    News Article Posting Guidelines: Posting News Article Guidelines: 1) Click on the New Thread button to post a new news article. 2) The news article must be tech and/or Windows 10 related without any spam. 3) If the news article is from another website, then it cannot be copied completely here. That...
  10. Microsoft announces Cortana Skills Kit in public preview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces Cortana Skills Kit in public preview: Microsoft announced today at Build 2017 a public preview of its Cortana Skills Kit that allows developers to create voice apps for the intelligent assistant. The Cortana Skills Kit will allow developers to: Leverage bots created with the Microsoft Bot Framework and...