Windows 10: Microsoft Publisher 2013 always defaults to File on the ribbon

Discus and support Microsoft Publisher 2013 always defaults to File on the ribbon in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Previously, when you clicked on Home or Insert or any of those things on the Ribbon, they would stay there until you clicked on something else to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by zeekstern, Aug 25, 2020.

1. zeekstern Win User

Microsoft Publisher 2013 always defaults to File on the ribbon

Previously, when you clicked on Home or Insert or any of those things on the Ribbon, they would stay there until you clicked on something else to change it. The only exception was File. When you clicked on File and did your thing, it would then move over and highlight Home. Now, it is just the opposite. It stays on File now. When you click on Home it will allow you to click something in the Home tab, and then moves back over to File. The same thing happens when clicking on anything else on the ribbon. File always stays highlighted.Any ideas how to fix this? What a pain.Thanks,Zeek
    Win 10

:)

zeekstern, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

File Explorer Ribbon or Tool Bar

Hello,

We understand that you want to keep the ribbon open in File Explorer.

There are ways on how to achieve this. Here are some of it. Kindly check the methods below:

Hide or show the Ribbon using a Registry tweak

• Open Registry Editor.
    • Go to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer

If this key does not exist, just create it.
    • Create or modify the 32-bit DWORD value named ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized. explorerribbonstartsminimized

Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
      • To start Explorer with the Ribbon always minimized, set the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized value data to 3.
      • To start Explorer with the Ribbon always maximized, set it to 4. Delete the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized parameter to restore the default behavior.
      • Delete the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized parameter to restore the default behavior.

Using a Group Policy tweak, you can force Explorer to always start with the Ribbon minimized.

• Press Win + R keys together on your keyboard.
    • The Run box will appear. Type the following in the Run box and then press Enter:
      • gpedit.msc
    • In the left pane of Group Policy Editor, navigate to the following path:
      • User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ File Explorer
    • Now locate the setting called Start File Explorer with Ribbon minimized in the right pane and double click it. The policy configuration window will open.
    • Set the option to the "Enabled" state and pick the option below it which is suitable for you.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer no longer shows Search ribbon during search

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the file explorer search ribbon. This is really unusual, as we have tried to reproduce the issue but was not able to get anything. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply
    with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and let us know the outcome.

Method 1: Reset file explorer to default.

1. Open file explore and select on View tab from the top ribbon.
    2. Click on Option and select Change folder and search option.
    3. In the new window select the view tab and click on Restore Default tab below
    4. Click OK and re-launch file explorer.

Method 2: New user account

Check in new user account. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account and check if you are facing the same issue with the file explorer.

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Anuj Win User

Why are these Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 publishers in Russian?

The publisher of many of these Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 and 2013 Redistributable packages is in Russian:

Microsoft Publisher 2013 always defaults to File on the ribbon EtwqX.png

Why is this?

Thema:

1. Microsoft Publisher 2013 always defaults to File on the ribbon - Similar Threads - Microsoft Publisher 2013

2. Images and icons always show default file icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Images and icons always show default file icon: Hi, i recently updated windows 11 to version 22H2, and somehow image thumbnails were replaced with the default file icon:To fix this I've tried this so far:Running DISM.exeRunning sfc /scannowExplorer settings to default including view settingsDisk cleanup thumbnailsRebooting...
  3. Microsoft Files aren't published by Microsoft.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Files aren't published by Microsoft.: Hello!My computer will not let me open files that are published by Microsoft, for example msconfig.exe or open Device Manager. For msconfig, and basically all other Microsoft files, they're from an unknown publisher, and while I could bypass this by saying "yes", for some...
  4. Microsoft Publisher Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Publisher Download: If i close my laptop will the download restart or resume when i reopen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-publisher-download/c598bdd7-d402-44d3-a9ab-fb0a849845db
  5. File explorer ribbon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer ribbon missing: I am on windows 10 build 2004. For some reason, my explorer ribbon is just missing. I looked through a few old forum posts on here, but they suggest opening the drop down menu at the top, which is also somehow missing for me. Attached a screenshot. Any help would be...
  6. File Explorer ribbon is blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer ribbon is blank: [ATTACH]A couple days ago after Windows did an update, suddenly the Ribbon in File Explorer is always blank. Have done few more updates, hoping it would sort itself out, but it hasn't. Also started in Safe Mode, and it the issue is still there....
  7. Microsoft Office 2013

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office 2013: need to recover office 2013. A Microsoft cleanup tool eliminated the programs that were not on original PC. do not have authorization key from original purchase, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-2013/5c1b259d-0266-4a09-974c-1d05af38da46
  8. The ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    The ribbon in File Explorer: Has any one figured out how to take the system tab off the ribbon in File Explorer? 28956
  9. pst 2013 file

in Browsers and Email
    pst 2013 file: Guys, I opened my ms outlook and it showed an error message with next words - FileName.pst file could not be opened. Unfortunately, I don't know what to do next. I have to fix pst file. 71096
  10. Default format Outlook 2013: HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Default format Outlook 2013: HTML: Hi Guys, I have a question. In my environment i want all people to use HTML format as standard in Outlook 2013. So when somebody forwards an email that is in plain text, i want him to send his mail in HTML, instead of plain text too. I installed an ADMX template for...