Windows 10: Microsoft publishes security configuration suggestions for the Enterprise

Discus and support Microsoft publishes security configuration suggestions for the Enterprise in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft published a new security configuration framework for Windows 10 devices that it calls SECCON framework in April 2019. The new framework... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Apr 13, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft publishes security configuration suggestions for the Enterprise

Microsoft published a new security configuration framework for Windows 10 devices that it calls SECCON framework in April 2019. The new framework complements the Windows security baselines that Microsoft publishes for each new release of Windows.

SECCON framework configurations are designed specifically for organizations that don't implement the published security baselines.

The new framework organizes devices into productivity and privileged access devices, and provides security configurations for each based on the classification. The configurations offer generic recommendations that are not specific to certain environments.

Microsoft publishes security configuration suggestions for the Enterprise seccon-framework.png

The first three levels suggest policies for productivity devices, the last two for privileged access workstations

• Level 5: Enterprise security -- Minimum security configuration for Enterprise devices.
    • Level 4: Enterprise high security -- Security configuration for devices where users access sensitive or confidential information.
    • Level 3: Enterprise VIP security -- Configuration for organizations with a "larger or more sophisticated security team" or high-risk users.
    • Level 2: DevOps workstation -- Configuration for testers and developers who may be targeted specifically.
    • Level 1: Administrator workstation -- Security configuration for the highest risk class.

Security configurations may be more restrictive in the lower levels because of risk levels associated with each device type.

Recommendations for each level are divided into the three categories policies, controls, and behaviors.

Policies suggest configuring certain security policies on devices such as enforcing a minimum password length, password complexity requirements, disabling guest accounts, certain firewall rules, or limiting certain rights to specific user groups.

Policies are divided into several categories such as security template, advanced audit, Windows Defender Firewall, or Computer.

The Controls group suggests the use of certain security features or applications; Level 5 controls suggest to configure certain Windows Defender features such as Credential Guard or Application Guard, and to make Microsoft Edge and not Internet Explorer the default browser.

Behaviors define security processes such as installing security updates in a certain number of days after release or removing as many users as possible from the administrator group.

Closing Words

Enterprise customers are the main target for SECCON framework security suggestions but home users and small businesses may use the provided information and recommendations as well to secure devices. (via ZDNet)

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft publishes security configuration suggestions for the Enterprise appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Managing Microsoft Edge in the enterprise

Source: Managing Microsoft Edge in the enterprise | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Progress Report: Enterprise security

Source: Progress Report: Enterprise security for our mobile-first, cloud-first world - The Official Microsoft Blog

Brink, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft publishes security configuration suggestions for the Enterprise - Similar Threads - Microsoft publishes security

2. Is Microsoft-published security compliance baselines are compliant to CIS and NIST...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Microsoft-published security compliance baselines are compliant to CIS and NIST...: I would like to harden a fleet of client PCs running Microsoft Windows 10 version 22H2 using its corresponding security compliance baseline and toolkit that was provided on Microsoft website and I would like to know if the microsoft-published security baseline for Windows 10...
  3. Is Microsoft-published security compliance baselines are compliant to CIS and NIST...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft-published security compliance baselines are compliant to CIS and NIST...: I would like to harden a fleet of client PCs running Microsoft Windows 10 version 22H2 using its corresponding security compliance baseline and toolkit that was provided on Microsoft website and I would like to know if the microsoft-published security baseline for Windows 10...
  4. Is Microsoft-published security compliance baselines are compliant to CIS and NIST...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. security issue and Microsoft suggestions are not helping

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    security issue and Microsoft suggestions are not helping: so a few days ago my social media accounts started to have crypto scam posts that were posted without my permission, followers added and messages sent with out me knowing. after the same thing happened to my steam account and now my windows is asking for activation, upon...
  6. security issue and Microsoft suggestions are not helping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security issue and Microsoft suggestions are not helping: so a few days ago my social media accounts started to have crypto scam posts that were posted without my permission, followers added and messages sent with out me knowing. after the same thing happened to my steam account and now my windows is asking for activation, upon...
  7. security issue and Microsoft suggestions are not helping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Publisher Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Publisher Download: If i close my laptop will the download restart or resume when i reopen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-publisher-download/c598bdd7-d402-44d3-a9ab-fb0a849845db
  9. Microsoft Progress Report: Enterprise security

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Progress Report: Enterprise security: Last November Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella highlighted the need for a new approach to enterprise security and outlined some of the investments we’re making. This new approach empowers our customers to accelerate their adoption of a protect, detect, respond security posture....
  10. Microsoft 365 and Enterprise Mobility + Security

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft 365 and Enterprise Mobility + Security: Today at Microsoft Inspire in Washington DC, Microsoft unveiled Microsoft 365, a new set of commercial offerings that include Office 365, Windows 10, and Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS). Microsoft 365 delivers a complete, intelligent, and secure solution to empower...