Windows 10: Microsoft pushes back Windows 7 and 8 on Skylake support cut-off date

Discus and support Microsoft pushes back Windows 7 and 8 on Skylake support cut-off date in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft pushes back Windows 7 and 8 on Skylake support cut-off date from 2017 to 2018 Microsoft is clarifying and softening a bit its stance on how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Night Hawk, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Microsoft pushes back Windows 7 and 8 on Skylake support cut-off date

see full report

Night Hawk, Mar 20, 2016
  2. AcuraTML Win User

Microsoft extends Windows 7 and 8 support on Skylake systems until 2018

Microsoft has decided to reverse its position regarding support of Windows 7 and 8 on systems using Intel’s Skylake platform.

In January, the company said that it would only guarantee full extended support for Skylake systems running Windows 7 and 8.1 up until 17 July 2017. Microsoft now plans to offer full extended support for these systems for one more year, until 17 July 2018.

Source: http://www.itproportal.com/2016/03/2...ms-until-2018/

:)

AcuraTML, Apr 5, 2016
  3. Add Windows 7 to a new windows 10 Laptop

There are quite a number of Skylake systems (which is the latest from Intel in CPU technology) that supports Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

Microsoft made available, a
    list of vendors who are providing a selection of Windows 7/8.1 systems
    with support for

Intel’s latest CPU architecture, Skylake
    . Microsoft recently announced plans to limit Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 support for future revisions of Skylake. This would make it an opportune time, to upgrade to a new PC now
    while they are available. Within a year’s time, Microsoft will only focus on supporting Windows 10 on future processor technology.

Source:
    http://www.groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/

Andre Da Costa, Apr 5, 2016
  4. 7thSense Win User

Microsoft pushes back Windows 7 and 8 on Skylake support cut-off date

FIND MY PHONE does not work, My phone was stolen and no support at all.

Support is not cut off in the forum. Notice multiple people using their spare time to help you here in the forums. In addition to that, Microsoft's Mark_W is helping you too.

7thSense, Apr 5, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft pushes back Windows 7 and 8 on Skylake support cut-off date

1. Microsoft pushes back Windows 7 and 8 on Skylake support cut-off date - Similar Threads - Microsoft pushes Skylake

2. Windows Date and Time keeps getting cut off at the end.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Date and Time keeps getting cut off at the end.: The date and time at the end of the taskbar keep getting cut off when I start my computer. In order to fix it I have to just turn off or on some options in the taskbar settings. It's fine right now because I just have to do something in the settings to fix it, but on startup,...
  3. Windows Date and Time keeps getting cut off at the end.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Date and Time keeps getting cut off at the end.: The date and time at the end of the taskbar keep getting cut off when I start my computer. In order to fix it I have to just turn off or on some options in the taskbar settings. It's fine right now because I just have to do something in the settings to fix it, but on startup,...
  4. Future windows 11 support for Skylake processors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Future windows 11 support for Skylake processors?: Hi, I was wondering if there was any news of windows 11 supporting skylake CPUs. I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 which has all the requirements besides the supported CPU.Is there any potential for windows 11 to be supported or has this been written off already?Thanks,...
  5. Future windows 11 support for Skylake processors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Future windows 11 support for Skylake processors?: Hi, I was wondering if there was any news of windows 11 supporting skylake CPUs. I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 which has all the requirements besides the supported CPU.Is there any potential for windows 11 to be supported or has this been written off already?Thanks,...
  6. Windows 7 and IE 8 not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 and IE 8 not supported: I was gifted an older Gateway computer recently. Before doing so, the previous user reverted the OS from Windows 10 back to windows 7 and wiped all the programs he had installed, leaving Internet Explorer 8 as the only browser. Can't say why, I guess he thought he was being...
  7. Going back to windows 7 or 8

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Going back to windows 7 or 8: Hi, upgraded to windows 10, now my disc dosent work, is ok if i go back to Windows 7 or 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-back-to-windows-7-or-8/2d3dcfb7-1dce-4539-a460-e699c4f154c2
  8. How to go back to windows 7 or 8

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to go back to windows 7 or 8: My laptop has been giving me hell. My Recovery (D:), is totally full, and no matter how many times I try to make room it never seems to work. I also just got windows 10, and make the stupid mistake of resetting my pc, and now my laptop will not allow me to go back to...
  9. Upgrading to W10 after cut off date

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading to W10 after cut off date: Im running Windows 10 Pro an a HP Probook 4530s. Due to bad support for the AMD switchable graphics, i want to sell the computer. If i downgrade it to windows 7 using a macrium reflect image, since the PC was on windows 10 at some point, will i be able to initiate the...
  10. Microsoft cuts off Windows 10 support early for some PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft cuts off Windows 10 support early for some PCs: An entire generation of PCs, most only three or four years old, are now unable to receive new feature updates to Windows 10. If Microsoft doesn't deliver a patch within the next six to nine months, those PCs could be cut off from security fixes. Some PCs that received a...