Windows 10: Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge

Discus and support Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hi All, I didn't realize the Avast Secure Browser mentioned in this post had a vpn built-in, if that's the case it makes it more interesting. I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Ph0werd, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge

Opera also touts a built-in ad-blocker with crypto-mining protection, a battery saver feature for laptops, and turbo mode which compresses unencrypted data on the server-side for faster page loading. There's also an extension that allows loading of Chrome extensions from the Chrome Web Store (which gets updated much more frequently than Opera's extension store).

Honestly, of all of those features, the only ones I actually use are battery saver and Chrome extensions. Chrome's version of uBlock Origin is much better than Opera's built-in ad-blocker. The built-in VPN always seems to screw up websites I'm trying to access. I either get region blacklisted or my search results come up in Russian. Turbo mode only works on http sites which are becoming rarer these days and it also breaks the Spotify web player.

Opera also has the same experimental flags as Chrome if you like tweaking.

MattMcD488, Apr 11, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge

1. Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge - Similar Threads - Microsoft Pushing More

2. Microsoft Edge Search Engine preferences.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Search Engine preferences.: I've tried changing the default search engine used in the address bar from Bing to Google Microsoft Edge 115.0.1901.203 of an AVD session host. When I sign out and back in, Edge warns me that "Microsoft Edge has detected your default search engine setting was changed by an...
  3. Microsoft Edge Search Engine preferences.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Search Engine preferences.: I've tried changing the default search engine used in the address bar from Bing to Google Microsoft Edge 115.0.1901.203 of an AVD session host. When I sign out and back in, Edge warns me that "Microsoft Edge has detected your default search engine setting was changed by an...
  4. Microsoft Edge - Search Engine is not changing - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge - Search Engine is not changing - Windows 11: Hello,After the latest update of windows 11, it seems that Microsoft Edge changed automatically the search engine in my case from Google to Bing.Additionally , the issue here is that I cannot change the search engine from Bing to Google or yahoo I tried manually to add them...
  5. Microsoft Edge - Search Engine is not changing - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge - Search Engine is not changing - Windows 11: Hello,After the latest update of windows 11, it seems that Microsoft Edge changed automatically the search engine in my case from Google to Bing.Additionally , the issue here is that I cannot change the search engine from Bing to Google or yahoo I tried manually to add them...
  6. Microsoft will begin pushing Windows 10’s new Edge to more users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will begin pushing Windows 10’s new Edge to more users: The era of the traditional Microsoft Edge will come to an end for consumers and businesses in the coming months. In January, Microsoft announced that Chromium Edge will replace the classic Edge, which uses Microsoft’s own EdgeHTML to render pages, and Microsoft recently...
  7. remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge: This has been asked till the cows come home but the answers are scripted and never tested before the response to the question. I know that bing is an integral part of the Edge browser. I create my own search engine in the list but bing won't allow my search engine to be used....
  8. Why is microsoft pushing EDGE when it does NOT work?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is microsoft pushing EDGE when it does NOT work?: MS is at it again...after coming out with a terrible OS (Windows10), in its efforts to have more control over the USER rather than BE a tool for the USER ... MS-folks want you to use EDGE as your BROWSER. Thank goodness that I still have IE11 and, of course, a third party...
  9. Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via Push API

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via Push API: Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via the Push API, beginning with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Web push notifications allow you to build re-engaging experience by delivering timely, relevant notifications to users, even when your browser or web app is...
  10. Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications: Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via the Push API, beginning with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Web push notifications allow you to build re-engaging experience by delivering timely, relevant notifications to users, even when your browser or web app is...