Windows 10: Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge

Discus and support Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Avast looks nasty for me.. (The anti-virus) But how good is the Avast secure Browser? :P can you run it on Linux to? xD Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Ph0werd, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Ph0werd Win User

Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge

Avast looks nasty for me.. (The anti-virus)
    But how good is the Avast secure Browser? Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge :p
    can you run it on Linux to? xD

Ph0werd, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: Microsofts Pushing More Engineers to Edge - Thurrott.com

:)

Brink, Apr 10, 2018
  3. Settings won't sync in Windows 10

Oh how I know what you are talking about. Now with this new Bullshit version of Windows they are trying to push you to use Edge by slowing down IE. I have a Mac running now and it is simple amazing how much faster and reliable it is over this crap that
    Microsoft is pushing. We are no more than another customer that has wasted our money to get into the control machine that Microsoft has engineered. Same with Facebook. They want to control your life and push bullshit there also. I ended my term with Facebook
    and now I am in the process of ending it with Microsoft

DavidTurnerT38Mech., Apr 10, 2018
  4. Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge

Problem opening website in Microsoft Edge

Change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

Keeping Bing as your default search engine provides an enhanced search experience in Microsoft Edge, including direct links to Windows 10 apps, more relevant suggestions from Cortana, and instant answers to questions about Windows 10.

You can change the default search engine to any site that uses OpenSearch technology.

In Microsoft Edge, first go to the website of the search engine you want.

Then, select More actions (...) > Settings, scroll down, select View advanced settings, scroll down again, and then select Change search engine.

Select your search engine's website in the list, and then select Set as default.

If you don't see your search engine in the list, make sure that you've visited the search engine's website in Microsoft Edge, and that your search engine uses OpenSearch technology.

vemireddysatheesh reddy, Apr 10, 2018
  5. I would honestly give Edge a trial of a week or two to see if I liked it..... if the blasted thing would let me make pages dark with light text. I am able to do this in both FFox and Chrome. If they were really serious about their browser they would let us theme it. I mean even the Mail app in Windows 10 has a dark theme to a point.

Access Denied, Apr 10, 2018
  6. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Apr 10, 2018
  7. Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge [​IMG]

This is what I mean by dark. I had that setting enabled. Thanks all the same.

Access Denied, Apr 10, 2018
  8. Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge

Edge will not get love unless it gets regular updates like Others (moving Edge to Store and releasing updates for any windows 10 pcs)

if Microsoft keeps Edge as it's now (releasing updates only via Windows feature updates), it'll be another IE like app forever

sakiborislam, Apr 10, 2018
  9. MikeKul Win User
    I hope they leave a few people for bug & security fixes.
    The sport app live tile is broken with the last update.
    Just displays a static image now - no live scores etc.

MikeKul, Apr 11, 2018
  10. Faith Win User
    Since the last feature update (1709) Edge receives updates regularly now. I see mine has been updated yesterday to .371.

Faith, Apr 11, 2018
  11. Edge has really come a long way since its launch. The addition of extensions in the Store is what really made it usable. I really don't mind Edge, but the main thing that keeps me from using it as my main browser is how it behaves while streaming audio. When I'm streaming from Spotify or Pandora and I minimize the browser, it kills the audio. It also doesn't prevent my laptop from sleeping while streaming the way that other browsers do. It's really annoying because I like to stream music from my laptop in the background while I do other things.That's why I'm using with Opera currently. It has a battery saver feature and a Chromium code base so it is as solid as Chrome but uses less resources and has a few nifty features of its own. I will hand it to Microsoft though, when I tried Edge recently their claims about increased battery life are true. While using Edge, my laptop seemed to go a bit longer between charges. I do hope that Microsoft's push for Edge usage doesn't affect other apps, but I also wouldn't mind if Edge got a few more improvements under the hood.

MattMcD488, Apr 11, 2018
  12. Steve C Win User
    Which is best for security & supportability - Edge, Chrome or another choice?

Steve C, Apr 11, 2018
  13. Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge

Chrome from ur list... but I've seen more secure browser (based on Chromium) called Avast Secure Browser. built-in vpn, ad-blocker, anti-trace algo is really impressive

sakiborislam, Apr 11, 2018
  14. Cliff S New Member
    But...*Sad
    But...*Sad
    But Iuuuusssseeee the Weather app several times a day, specially when I just get up and get ready for work.*cry

Cliff S, Apr 11, 2018
  15. Davy49 Win User
    Hi All,
    I didn't realize the Avast Secure Browser mentioned in this post had a vpn built-in, if that's the case it makes it more interesting. I know the opera browser also has a vpn built-in.
    David *Wink

Davy49, Apr 11, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge

1. Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge - Similar Threads - Microsoft Pushing More

2. Microsoft Edge Search Engine preferences.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Search Engine preferences.: I've tried changing the default search engine used in the address bar from Bing to Google Microsoft Edge 115.0.1901.203 of an AVD session host. When I sign out and back in, Edge warns me that "Microsoft Edge has detected your default search engine setting was changed by an...
  3. Microsoft Edge Search Engine preferences.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Search Engine preferences.: I've tried changing the default search engine used in the address bar from Bing to Google Microsoft Edge 115.0.1901.203 of an AVD session host. When I sign out and back in, Edge warns me that "Microsoft Edge has detected your default search engine setting was changed by an...
  4. Microsoft Edge - Search Engine is not changing - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge - Search Engine is not changing - Windows 11: Hello,After the latest update of windows 11, it seems that Microsoft Edge changed automatically the search engine in my case from Google to Bing.Additionally , the issue here is that I cannot change the search engine from Bing to Google or yahoo I tried manually to add them...
  5. Microsoft Edge - Search Engine is not changing - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge - Search Engine is not changing - Windows 11: Hello,After the latest update of windows 11, it seems that Microsoft Edge changed automatically the search engine in my case from Google to Bing.Additionally , the issue here is that I cannot change the search engine from Bing to Google or yahoo I tried manually to add them...
  6. Microsoft will begin pushing Windows 10’s new Edge to more users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will begin pushing Windows 10’s new Edge to more users: The era of the traditional Microsoft Edge will come to an end for consumers and businesses in the coming months. In January, Microsoft announced that Chromium Edge will replace the classic Edge, which uses Microsoft’s own EdgeHTML to render pages, and Microsoft recently...
  7. remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge: This has been asked till the cows come home but the answers are scripted and never tested before the response to the question. I know that bing is an integral part of the Edge browser. I create my own search engine in the list but bing won't allow my search engine to be used....
  8. Why is microsoft pushing EDGE when it does NOT work?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is microsoft pushing EDGE when it does NOT work?: MS is at it again...after coming out with a terrible OS (Windows10), in its efforts to have more control over the USER rather than BE a tool for the USER ... MS-folks want you to use EDGE as your BROWSER. Thank goodness that I still have IE11 and, of course, a third party...
  9. Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via Push API

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via Push API: Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via the Push API, beginning with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Web push notifications allow you to build re-engaging experience by delivering timely, relevant notifications to users, even when your browser or web app is...
  10. Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications: Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via the Push API, beginning with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Web push notifications allow you to build re-engaging experience by delivering timely, relevant notifications to users, even when your browser or web app is...