Windows 10: Microsoft put a ham and knife emote on my search bar, and the pop-up now displays random...

Discus and support Microsoft put a ham and knife emote on my search bar, and the pop-up now displays random... in Cortana to solve the problem; I only use Windows because of its ubiquitousness, obviously, like we all do. I don't want to be 'engaged by' my search bar and recommended to share a... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TheGitherax, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Microsoft put a ham and knife emote on my search bar, and the pop-up now displays random...

I only use Windows because of its ubiquitousness, obviously, like we all do. I don't want to be 'engaged by' my search bar and recommended to share a stranger's idea of idle chit-chat on any PC, at home or at work. How does Microsoft think this is professional, to splash this kind of fluff on a work PC?When I click the search bar, it will randomly pop up in a format that displays 'Recent' programs used on the left side, and currently "National Prime Rib Day" so-called "news" articles on the right side. It doesn't do it every time; sometimes it displays 'Top apps' and 'Quick Searches'- but

:)

TheGitherax, Apr 27, 2022
  2. BonniUS Win User

Windows 10 search bar popping up

So after installing windows 10 that f***ing search bar pops up whenever I scroll, its not systematic, more random. I've tried reading other forums of people that have the same problem they suggest:

turning it off via a setting my search bar doesn't have

Turning off the 3-tap and 4-tap settings on the mouse device

Unpinning search tab from the task bar.

Nothing is working and it's so annoying!

BonniUS, Apr 27, 2022
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 27, 2022
  4. Microsoft put a ham and knife emote on my search bar, and the pop-up now displays random...

Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft put a ham and knife emote on my search bar, and the pop-up now displays random...

1. Microsoft put a ham and knife emote on my search bar, and the pop-up now displays random... - Similar Threads - Microsoft put ham

2. this pops up randomly I'm not even searching for this file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this pops up randomly I'm not even searching for this file.: this comes randomly i don't know what's happening this errors annoys me too much while playing games especially: . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pops-up-randomly-im-not-even-searching-for/ecd44cc3-84df-4ec9-98c8-b4362f2301e0
  3. "Microsoft Galileo" Randomly Popping Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft Galileo" Randomly Popping Up: Anyone able to help me explain what this "Galileo" thing is? it comes up on task manager as "dllhost", and after me stopping it with task manager, it re-appears after about 10-20 mins.please help!...
  4. "Microsoft Galileo" Randomly Popping Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Microsoft Galileo" Randomly Popping Up: Anyone able to help me explain what this "Galileo" thing is? it comes up on task manager as "dllhost", and after me stopping it with task manager, it re-appears after about 10-20 mins.please help!...
  5. "Microsoft Galileo" Randomly Popping Up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. random Microsoft windows popping up

random Microsoft windows popping up: often, windows that look like what's shown in the image pop up.For extra info, the name of the window like the C:/blahblah/blah can be any of my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/random-microsoft-windows-popping-up/9283a39f-5bae-4ca0-809f-0edf0ab2d1bf
  7. Microsoft put a ham and knife emote on my search bar, and the pop-up now displays random...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft put a ham and knife emote on my search bar, and the pop-up now displays random...: I only use Windows because of its ubiquitousness, obviously, like we all do. I don't want to be 'engaged by' my search bar and recommended to share a stranger's idea of idle chit-chat on any PC, at home or at work. How does Microsoft think this is professional, to splash this...
  8. Microsoft put a ham and knife emote on my search bar, and the pop-up now displays random...

Microsoft put a ham and knife emote on my search bar, and the pop-up now displays random...: I only use Windows because of its ubiquitousness, obviously, like we all do. I don't want to be 'engaged by' my search bar and recommended to share a stranger's idea of idle chit-chat on any PC, at home or at work. How does Microsoft think this is professional, to splash this...
  9. Random ads popping up in notification bar (as well as wanted notifications not popping up...

Random ads popping up in notification bar (as well as wanted notifications not popping up...: 1. So my notification bar is randomly flooded with typical ads like "Woman want to meet you click here!" "Lose weight with these easy tricks!' etc. They always pop up for no reason and I'm extremely confused on why this happens because I have Norton installed onto my...
  10. Search bar keeps popping up

Search bar keeps popping up: Good day I look after several Windows 10 machines in our enterprise. 99% is Windows 10 64bit Build 1511 10% is HP notebooks - 90% is customized desktops, all of the same spec Now when using some of the PC's, the user clicks on the Start button and the Search button...