Windows 10: Microsoft Quick Assist will not work

Discus and support Microsoft Quick Assist will not work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 pro, version 1909 build 18363.815, when i try to open quick assist the box opens and it trying to do something but the circle thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rcschaff, Apr 30, 2020.

1. rcschaff Win User

Microsoft Quick Assist will not work

I have Windows 10 pro, version 1909 build 18363.815, when i try to open quick assist the box opens and it trying to do something but the circle thing spins around and nothing happens. You could leave it spinning around a day and it still that way. I have gone to the settings, aps, and optional features and uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and still does not work. Their is no repair option. Not sure what else to try.

:)

rcschaff, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 30, 2020
  3. How to re-install Microsoft Quick Assist on Windows 10?

Hi Emmanuel,

I suggest you to follow these steps to allow someone you trust to take control of your PC over a remote connection and check if this option is still available on your computer.

• Select Start > Windows Accessories >
      Quick Assist.
    • Select Get assistance, and then follow the instructions in Quick Assist.

Microsoft Quick Assist will not work [​IMG]
    • If User Account Control appears, select Yes to continue.
    • Wait for the connection to complete.

Reference: Quick Assist: FAQ

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on accessing the Microsoft Quick Assist feature.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Microsoft Quick Assist will not work

Quick Assist

Hi Henry,

It's possible that your computer's Internet Options is not set properly, that's why you're experiencing issues with Quick Assist. Kindly make sure that your computer is allowed to save encrypted pages by following these steps:

• Type internet options on the search bar.
    • Click on Internet Options.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Scroll down, and make sure that Do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked.
    • Click OK.

Once done with the steps, try to use Quick Assist again, then check if the issue persists.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Quick Assist will not work

1. Microsoft Quick Assist will not work - Similar Threads - Microsoft Quick Assist

2. quick assist not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quick assist not working: error 1002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-not-working/59146b24-d367-4830-9c24-79730a5c8174
  3. quick assist not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quick assist not working: error 1002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-not-working/59146b24-d367-4830-9c24-79730a5c8174
  4. quick assist not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Quick Assist - Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist - Not working: Hi, I've been using Quick Assist and have encountered a problem of it not working. Whenever I try to open it and get a code to connect, it redirects and says "Waiting for the person helping you to set up the session." Tried shutting down both pcs and turning it on again but...
  6. Quick Assist - Not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist - Not working: Hi, I've been using Quick Assist and have encountered a problem of it not working. Whenever I try to open it and get a code to connect, it redirects and says "Waiting for the person helping you to set up the session." Tried shutting down both pcs and turning it on again but...
  7. Quick Assist not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist not working: If anyone can offer any help is solving this problem I would be very grateful !! Has anyone figured out why Quick Assist will load and run just fine on some PC's while on others a rotating animated "loading" symbol just spins and spins but never displays the get help / give...
  8. Quick Assist not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Assist not working: If anyone can offer any help is solving this problem I would be very grateful !! Has anyone figured out why Quick Assist will load and run just fine on some PC's while on others a rotating animated "loading" symbol just spins and spins but never displays the get help / give...
  9. Quick assist not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick assist not working: I have 3 pc's two laptops and am an Insider getting pre releases, now set to slow updates to get more stability. I have the latest build and was trying to help a friend when I discovered the Quick assist does not work As advise on one help site I ran the CMD SCF tool it...
  10. Quick Assist Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist Not Working: When i open Quick Assist (the feature that the newer Windows 10 update added) the dialog box opens and i pick Give assistance, then it start to flash or like when someone press refresh continuously. I can see that it says Share Security Code etc, etc and to copy code to...