Windows 10: Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.

Discus and support Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Im starting this new issue because it is impossible to find answers amongst all the issues with RDP not connecting or disconnecting. That is not my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TimBTimB_892, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.

Hi Im starting this new issue because it is impossible to find answers amongst all the issues with RDP not connecting or disconnecting. That is not my issue. It connects fine. It does not disconnect.I used to use RDP to connect to a server on my own home LAN, and in the past I was able to use it for days at a time without issue leaving it connected all day and all night, using it for 8 hours a day, no issues.In the past setup, both client and server are windows 10 pro.Now, currently, I got a new computer and it is my first windows 11 computer. When connecting to the exact same computer win 10

:)

TimBTimB_892, Feb 27, 2024
  2. ferose354 Win User

windows 10 RDP disconnection issue

i have windows 10 laptop. i do RDP to windows and Linux machines in Azure cloud.

The RDP is through Cisco anyconnect VPN. using VPN, we connect to our office network first and then we connect to the Azure VMs.

intermittently the RDP is getting disconnection with the following error. sometimes it works for few mins and then disconnect. for some users, it disconnects immediately.

"Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end. Please try connecting to the remote computer again"

taking pcap on the local client, i see the client is sending Rest.

RDP event logs in Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RDPClient%4Operational say the any of the following: messages

RDPClient_SSL: An error was encountered when transitioning from TsSslStateHandshakeInProgress to TsSslStateDisconnecting in response to TsSslEventHandshakeContinueFailed (error code 0x80004005).

RDPClient_SSL: An error was encountered when transitioning from TsSslStateHandshakeComplete to TsSslStateDisconnecting in response to TsSSlNotifyUpperHandlerFailed (error code 0x80004005).

if i disconnect from VPN, no RDP disconnection and its smooth.

any clue about what this error means?

ferose354, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Weird RDP behavior in Windows 11

Hi,

what's wrong with RDP in Windows 11? I've never had so many problems with RDP in all computers together, than now with one single Windows 11 PC. I have service PC, which is always on for RDP purposes, so I can login remotely from field. Upgraded it to Windows 11 and I regret decision.

What's happening?

Well, as I am always logged-in and have really gozillion of apps opened, I only lock computer, so I can work on those apps via RDP all the time. But now with Windows 11 it is not possible anymore:

• SOMETIMES I land in new profile, empty login, while my active login I can see under logged-in users and I CAN switch to this login.
    • OTHER TIMES I land in new profile, empty login, and there's no sign of my business login, all apps are closed and it goes up to 100 f-words per minute, as I need to reopen all tasks again.
    • But when I come back from field to this PC, I cannot login back to any session I opened via RDP, but can only login to empty login, and here goes opening all apps again and neighbors can hear my yelling
    How can I switch back this stupid RDP behavior back to how it worked in Windows 10?

AndrejPirman, Feb 27, 2024
  4. jeff 71 Win User

Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.

RDP session appears to be hanging up

I have a workstation that auto updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11.

I RDP into a Windows 2019 server daily.

As I am using the RDP session, several times a day things will become unresponsive. This ranges from the operating system not recognizing when I press the windows key to not being able to click on anything within my programs.

If I close the RDP session then reconnect, I am able to return to using my programs. Simple things like pressing the Windows Key work again to open the start menu.

My assumption is this is with the RDP system since if I close the session and connect a new one, things work again. The server OS is still functioning and my programs are still running.

Note: these computers are not part of a domain. I am using a simple Windows workgroup to network these two computers.

Any ideas or suggestions on where to look for the hangup? Could it be an incompatibility between the RDP client of Windows 11 and the Windows Server 2019 OS?

Thanks, Jeff

jeff 71, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.

1. Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect. - Similar Threads - Microsoft RDP hangs

2. Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.: Hi Im starting this new issue because it is impossible to find answers amongst all the issues with RDP not connecting or disconnecting. That is not my issue. It connects fine. It does not disconnect.I used to use RDP to connect to a server on my own home LAN, and in the past...
  3. Windows 11 Hard Hangs Constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Hard Hangs Constantly: Hello everyone, I had Windows 11 running for 6 monthsnew build August 2023, no issue. Friday night 1/26/24 worked for several hours gaming, streaming, you name it, Saturday morning and ever since, entire OS freezes where manual power cycle is only solution. I checked for...
  4. Windows 11 Hard Hangs Constantly

Windows 11 Hard Hangs Constantly: Hello everyone, I had Windows 11 running for 6 monthsnew build August 2023, no issue. Friday night 1/26/24 worked for several hours gaming, streaming, you name it, Saturday morning and ever since, entire OS freezes where manual power cycle is only solution. I checked for...
  5. Constant Disconnecting Sound, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Disconnecting Sound, Windows 11: Hello,I have a constant disconnecting sound coming from my PC since yesterday, and I don't know what to do to resolve this issue. I have tried to update and restart my PC, unplugging anything that requires me to use the USB ports the sounds are still there even though I...
  6. Constant Disconnecting Sound, Windows 11

Constant Disconnecting Sound, Windows 11: Hello,I have a constant disconnecting sound coming from my PC since yesterday, and I don't know what to do to resolve this issue. I have tried to update and restart my PC, unplugging anything that requires me to use the USB ports the sounds are still there even though I...
  7. Windows RDP getting disconnected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RDP getting disconnected.: Windows RDP getting disconnected once Zoom Meeting is connected. It Works fine on console but only disconnects the RDP once Zoom is connected. Once the Zoom meeting is connected, we are able to connect RDP again.Attaching the event logs for the time when we face...
  8. Windows RDP getting disconnected.

Windows RDP getting disconnected.: Windows RDP getting disconnected once Zoom Meeting is connected. It Works fine on console but only disconnects the RDP once Zoom is connected. Once the Zoom meeting is connected, we are able to connect RDP again.Attaching the event logs for the time when we face...
  9. Constant disconnection from internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constant disconnection from internet: My new MSI computer and my ipad all of a sudden have started constantly disconnecting from my internet, which is Viasat satellite. Other devices, such as my android phone and Thinkpad have no problems....
  10. Constant Disconnecting From Internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant Disconnecting From Internet: Hello, I have had a major problem going on with my PC for a very long time. The problem stopped after a while but then started coming back. As the title says, I am constantly disconnecting from my internet at random times of the day. I would say this problem happens about 3...