Windows 10: Microsoft re-issues KB4023057 in a renewed push for Windows 10 update

Discus and support Microsoft re-issues KB4023057 in a renewed push for Windows 10 update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A patch has been re-released for Windows 10 and it’s apparently designed to help users upgrade to Windows 10 May 2020 Update or newer. The patch in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 28, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft re-issues KB4023057 in a renewed push for Windows 10 update

A patch has been re-released for Windows 10 and it’s apparently designed to help users upgrade to Windows 10 May 2020 Update or newer. The patch in the question is KB4023057 and it has been pushed out to some machines running Windows 10 October 2018 Update or newer, including the November 2019 Update.

Microsoft says the patch comes with reliability improvements for Windows Update itself. In addition, it has been designed to free up disk space on your computer by compressing files in your user directory, which is a common practice.

When you install the reliability update, it will make more room for Windows Updates and prepare your computer for future releases. This includes the May 2020 Update or beyond.

Windows 10 KB4023057 was first released in 2018 and this particular update has been pushed out by Microsoft several times in the past. Earlier this week, Microsoft modified the update package and re-released the patch to consumers with changes to these components:

• Expediteupdater.exe
    • Qualityupdateassistant.dll
    • Sedplugins.dll
    • Uhssvc.exe
    • Unifiedinstaller.dll

After applying this update, you’ll see a new notification for cleaning up disk space. You can also fix the storage problem by manually selecting “Free up space now” in Settings. This update is designed to compress files and free up storage space before a major feature update is installed.

Microsoft re-issues KB4023057 in a renewed push for Windows 10 update Windows-Updates.jpg

If you get errors when installing the patch from Windows Update, one solution is to simply uninstall the KB4023057 patch if you’ve already installed, and then the refreshed update will install successfully.

At any rate, if you don’t want to install this patch and it’s getting forced on your computer, another solution is to hide it using Microsoft’s Show & Hide updates tool.

As we mentioned, Microsoft is rolling out this update to prepare more machines for Windows 10 version 2004 and upcoming version 20H2.

According to AdDuplex data, Windows 10 May 2020 Update is finally starting to roll out more broadly and its market share increased from 11.6% to 24.1% in August.

The post Microsoft re-issues KB4023057 in a renewed push for Windows 10 update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 28, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Motim Win User
    Update KB4023057 issue

Hello,
    Got a notice that update KB4023057 waiting to be installed. Looked into installed updates list, it is listed as succesfully installed on 6 July 2018. Tried first to uninstall this update before installing the "waiting" update, it is not listed in the uninstall list. Tried to uninstall it via cmd prompt as admin, got answer it is not installed on my computer.
    Made a search in microsoft updates catalog, "We did not find any results for "kb4023057"" was the answer.
    Now I am asking you what to do, install or not, and what else can I do.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Motim, Aug 28, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft re-issues KB4023057 in a renewed push for Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Microsoft issues KB4023057

2. Update KB4023057 issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB4023057 issue: About a week ago, the Windows 10 update center started trying to install update KB4023057 again, which is a known bug, apparently. Since then, it and all the other updates have been stuck at 0% download. I have tried pretty much every recommendation, short of reinstalling...
  3. Update KB4023057 issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update KB4023057 issue: About a week ago, the Windows 10 update center started trying to install update KB4023057 again, which is a known bug, apparently. Since then, it and all the other updates have been stuck at 0% download. I have tried pretty much every recommendation, short of reinstalling...
  4. Update KB4023057 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update KB4023057 issue

Update KB4023057 issue: Hello I need to download "2021-03 Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB4023057" from Microsoft update catalog but I can't find Version 20H2 on this link https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4023057 so if anyone can reply with the...
  6. KB4023057 update issue

KB4023057 update issue: After installing KB4023057 update Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron Laptop the external monitor stopped working. Fn - F1 would not allow me to change from "PC screen only". I went back to previous Restore Point and Ext. monitor worked fine. Do you think it's a Dell issue or a MS...
  7. Microsoft pushes out KB4023057 again to enforce Windows 10 upgrades

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pushes out KB4023057 again to enforce Windows 10 upgrades: Windows 10 users who run consumer versions of the operating system and want to stay on a particular version of Windows 10 that is not the recent version, may want to avoid the recently re-released update KB4023057. The update is provided for the majority of Windows 10...
  8. Microsoft re-releases Windows 10 KB4023057 to improve update reliability

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft re-releases Windows 10 KB4023057 to improve update reliability: On December 7, Microsoft released a new update for devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update and older. The update is supposed to improve the operating system’s built-in Windows Update mechanism and improves its reliability. Windows 10 KB4023057 has been re-released to...
  9. kb4023057 Update Issue

kb4023057 Update Issue: Hi can anyone give some advice please as I am not a confident person with laptops. kb4023057 was installed this week and now I have a very unstable windows 10, this is to the point where I cannot even use the mouse pad or usb mouse. The whole system seems to freeze for...
  10. Update KB4023057 issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update KB4023057 issue: Hello, Got a notice that update KB4023057 waiting to be installed. Looked into installed updates list, it is listed as succesfully installed on 6 July 2018. Tried first to uninstall this update before installing the "waiting" update, it is not listed in the uninstall list....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sedplugins.dll